Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders?

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seatle for two 2nd rounders?

• Total voters
Reggie Bush has one thing going for him: The games eventually will be played. At that point he becomes what he's always been, an extraordinary talent. The offseason on this forum always has a hilarious impact in Reggie's case, transforming him into Lorenzo Booker. That was true years ago and obviously it holds today, regardless of who he plays for. Stubbornness has firm root. We tout garbage like Jimmy Wilson while pretending Reggie Bush is no more than a 3rd rounder, or 4th and 6, to quote my particular favorite.

I certainly hope that guy doesn't speculate. On anything.

As a block, don't forget to gulp when Reggie makes his first wow move of the preseason. It was priceless last year in the first preseason game when Reggie flashed ability this franchise hadn't witnessed in years and fans who had long foolishly denounced him were struggling to rationalize it, and how to react. The unguarded newcomers had no trouble celebrating a rare dangerous player but the long term Reggie knockers seemed desperate to run around the kitchen corner and pout, refusing to look at the screen.

I voted no, primarily because I enjoy voting no in polls like this, and partially to counter the absurd over valuing of 2nd to 3rd round picks in return for special players. You win big with a handful of great players, not bushels of second and third tier guys.

I'll say no to another assertion in this thread, that the '84 Dolphins would thrive toward titles today. The NFL remains moderately tolerable only because the postseason threatens to resemble old time football. Physical play is allowed in the secondary. Whistles are swallowed. It's markedly different than the fluff regular season, where unbeaten is a distinct possibility every season for a handful of teams with premier quarterbacks. Those Dolphins were small slow and vulnerable on defense and I think they'd be similarly exposed today against the handful of legitimate teams, when it mattered.

I couldn't agree more.

You don't trade the best offensive weapon you have on the team!!!

that's the first time i've heard the term garbage attached to jimmy wilson...

Am i the only one who looks at Reggie's season as a whole and sees the glaring misconception that he was awesome the whole year?

If you want to praise the last 5 games he played in like he is some god..... look at the first 7 weeks of the season objectively and try not to vomit (notwithstanding the NYJ game in week 6) and then again in weeks 10 and 11.

Rationally.... if you give a plus or a minus for each game he played in.... you get 8 +'s and 7 -'s and 1 game missed with a knee injury (from upping his carries to 20 per game for that awesome 5 game stretch).

Hold your breath dolfans, because if you are expecting the 100 yard explosions... you better not forget about the 38, 18, 13, and 32 stinkers on the other end of it.

Whats the point of discussing a hypothetical trade that has not been discussed? We could do that for every player on the team.

Everything is for sale at the right price.

Whats the point of discussing a hypothetical trade that has not been discussed? We could do that for every player on the team.

Everything is for sale at the right price.
Ok I'll admit it...

The origins of this thread was to act as a social experiment meant to influence the perception (far fetched) and to determine the value of the best player on the team.

I like Reggie and hope he has 2,000+ all purpose yardage this season for us.

For two 2nd's? In a heartbeat. Only one 2nd still = YES. Neither have much of a chance of happening.

That's some big letters.

DcRy82 said "It doesn't matter what we are targeting in the next draft. It doesn't matter how much money he demands next year. And it doesn't matter if he rushes for another 1,000+ yards. To be able to get two 2nd round picks for arguably the most easily replaceable position in the NFL, you take that and RUN. That being said, I could never see that happening."

I don't see how you can say that quality RB play is easily replaceable. Things may be different now in the NFL, but throughout the Marino years
the lack of a quality running back and defense
are the very reasons we could not win enough to get to a Superbowl. So many times we would easily run up the score on our opponents, only to find we didn't have a clock eating running game nor a defense that could be counted on to stop average offenses from catching up. I'm very doubtful that we should give up Reggie Bush unless we KNOW we have a quality replacement for him.

I think this team is done trying to grow merely on 2nd round talent.

If Reggies playing awesome, then keep him.
Done deal.

Reggie Bush is more than a Ground and Pound Running Back. He's very elusive and he can make players miss. There's so many ways he can be used which put him in space with a chance to hurt the defense.

Reggie could be an absolute star this year in Joe Philbin's offense.

Back
Top Bottom