X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

Hmmm......

He has a funny way of showing it if that is the case.

If all he wants is part of his current contract converted to gaurantees, he would have far more leverage by just making a public statement to that effect, rather than making the not so "cryptic" IG post/threat.
Maybe I missed it but I haven’t seen anything from X saying he wants to stay in Miami. He’s gone

Last edited:
Scotty, there are levels and X is a top 2 or 3 CB in the game. Trading X creates a hole that I would like to see filled by the trade. There may be no team in in the NFL willing to do that deal but that's what I'd demand for a 10 interception CB. 10 picks hasn't happened for something like 14 years. Grier/Flo would listen if they could get a young CB that was a recent first or second round pick. Just as an example, Denver just drafted Patrick Surtain Jr #9 overall. Surtain Jr and a pick might make everybody feel better about replacing Howard with a stud.
They have a young CB who they drafted, which us why X is gone.

Let me take a crack at why I'm not crazy about that idea either...

One of the things that even the staunchest X supporters have granted is that he probably only has a couple of years of elite play left, due to his age and injury history. In your instance, we would get two more years out of him, and while, this would be good... We would give up more money, and the high ground when it came to players wanting to renegotiate mid-contract.

And I have to ask... is two more years of X worth that? Are we THAT close to a Super Bowl this year?

My gut feeling is that we aren't, and that by the time Tua and our line is ready to compete at that level, then X will be on his last year with us. I guess what I'm thinking is that two years of excellent play (barring another injury) isn't enough to counter the damage to our developing culture.
Not even mentioning to bad precedent set for future contract negotiations

Scotty, there are levels and X is a top 2 or 3 CB in the game. Trading X creates a hole that I would like to see filled by the trade. There may be no team in in the NFL willing to do that deal but that's what I'd demand for a 10 interception CB. 10 picks hasn't happened for something like 14 years. Grier/Flo would listen if they could get a young CB that was a recent first or second round pick. Just as an example, Denver just drafted Patrick Surtain Jr #9 overall. Surtain Jr and a pick might make everybody feel better about replacing Howard with a stud.
I just don't see this situation happening at all. Can't see a GM trading a #1 top CB prospect and more....for a CB.

Lets reset,, and say X never asked for a reneg and showed for MC. If X has another 10 int season. And at the end of this year when the G money runs out. He asks for a new contract.

All the X haters...your response?

Maybe I missed it but I haven’t seen anything from X saying he wants to stay in Miami. He’s gone
We haven't seen anything specific from anyone involved.

It's all speculation brother. Some speculation seems more based in what ppl want to see, rather than what is more likely, but speculation none the less.

For all we know, maybe he does want to stay, but misread how much leverage he actually had.

I don't think he cares where he plays. Like a mercenary (no negative connotation intended), he prefers to play wherever he can make the most coin.

Lets reset,, and say X never asked for a reneg and showed for MC. If X has another 10 int season. And at the end of this year when the G money runs out. He asks for a new contract.

Are we really going down the "haters" path? Seems like total rhetoric.

I don't get that impression from the vast majority at all. Just because one comes down on the side of the team in this case, doesn't mean they "hate" anyone.

Do we need to go to the dictionary again?........lol.......

Are we really going down the "haters" path again?

I don't get that impression from the vast majority at all. Just because one comes down on the side of the team in this case, doesn't mean they "hate" anyone.

You are just trying to be argumentative by posting that there isn't a huge amount of hate towards X here.

Are we really going down the "haters" path? Seems like total rhetoric.

If I said 'loved ' him

You would have said the same opposition.

You love the counter arguement...both sides 😀

You are just trying to be argumentative by posting that there isn't a huge amount of hate towards X here.
I'm not. The only hate I have seen has to do with his aledged abuse of women. I can't disagree, but I wasn't there to know the actual facts.

Obviously, I can't speak for how everyone feels (niether can you), but I don't hate X as a player, or because of the fact that he is trying to maximize his limited window of earning.

I do not want to give him a new contract with multiple years of high gaurantees. My reasons are practical in my mind, and have absolutely zero hate involved in my opinion.

Last edited:
1. Since most people don't know what their co works make, this X contract move doesn't happen as much in the corporate world.

2. There aren't really an X haters that are true Fin Fans. There are those that do not approve of the decision he's making to skip camp and others are more okay with it.

3. I think the Dolphins need make an attempt to appease Howard. Howard's gripe is more about guaranteed money, than yearly amount. He's is 20th of all CBs in Gtd money left per year, and with his big 10 INT season it makes sense that he would want to get more security.

If I said 'loved ' him

You would have said the same opposition.

You love the counter arguement...both sides 😀
I do often make counterarguments, and sometimes, yes, against both sides. Do you recognize why that might be?

It's very simple. A vast majority of the time, niether extreme of a hotly debated arguement are correct, or even based in rationality.

The axiom of there being two sides to every story, with the "truth" more often being in the middle comes to.mind.

It is part of my mission statement here to ruthlessly stamp out extremism, regardless of where it rears its ugly head.

I sir, am the proverbial voice of reason in the Finheaven wilderness, trying to bring peace, rationality and tranquility to the masses.

Either that, or I'm just an arguementative ass, who woke up in a bad mood. That's my ex wife's view. I don't completely dismiss the possibility...........

I dont know who these "X" haters are that you are talking about. From what I see most people don't think that he should be holding out over a new contract when he just signed one. I think the consensus is everyone would love to have him back and wish that "HE" would not have held out.

My answer to your question is if he had another year like he just had, I would be all for renegotiating his contract. That proves he can stay healthy and on the field and stay consistent.

I have a question to you. Do you think that he has lived up to and deserves a new contract now? This past season was a great season but the season before, he missed 11 games. He made all of that money and now wants more when he has only worked a little over 50% of what he got paid for.

Last edited:
We haven't seen anything specific from anyone involved.

It's all speculation brother. Some speculation seems more based in what ppl want to see, rather than what is more likely, but speculation none the less.

For all we know, maybe he does want to stay, but misread how much leverage he actually had.

I don't think he cares where he plays. Like a mercenary (no negative connotation intended), he prefers to play wherever he can make the most coin.
Agree. Kinda makes my point tho. Wouldn’t you think if he wanted to return he’d be tweeting about it? Seems to be tweeting about a lot of things these days.

Back
Top Bottom