X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

We showed our hand too early by:

1. paying Jones more than Xand he hasn't shown to be 1/2 the CB X has.
2. drafting a CB in the 1st round who couldn't cover a sleeping baby in a crib with a blanket.

I disagree with that philosophy, but now that we are here...I want to see it play out to its illogical conclusion, with all involved parties getting there just due...positive or negative.
Neither 1 or 2 is true... hyperbole is fun though!

Wheeeee!

New agent = the need for a new contract. I think most people saw this coming when Howard signed with a new agent. Likely Howard's agent is stressing the importance holding firm as long as possible to try to get the team to bite. We are soon getting to the point where Howard or the team will have to blink. Odds are Howard blinks first.

Neither 1 or 2 is true... hyperbole is fun though!

Wheeeee!
Tell me how and why they aren't true?

Byron Jones doesn't have 5 INTs in his career (let alone 5 for a season to constitute half of X's 10 for the season), and he has one Pro Bowl...compared to X's two. Zero All Pro nods.

Igbo hasn't shown that he can cover. Being obtuse over the use of hyperbole doesn't change what was said:

Tell me how and why they aren't true?

Byron Jones doesn't have 5 INTs in his career (let alone 5 for a season to constitute half of X's 10 for the season), and he has one Pro Bowl...compared to X's two. Zero All Pro nods.

Igbo hasn't shown that he can cover. Being obtuse over the use of hyperbole doesn't change what was said:

LOL...

Stop it...

Just getting INTs is no measure of how good you are. The Pro Bowl is a media popularity contest... your metrics are hysterically funny.

Iggy was much better at the end of the year than early in the year when he literally did not know the coverages due to a lack of training camp. You know this... Can't cover a baby? Heh! Just stop.

LOL...

Stop it...

Just getting INTs is no measure of how good you are. The Pro Bowl is a media popularity contest... your metrics are hysterically funny.

Iggy was much better at the end of the year than early in the year when he literally did not know the coverages due to a lack of training camp. You know this... Can't cover a baby? Heh! Just stop.
What about the All Pro nod?

Don't leave that out....

What about the All Pro nod?

Don't leave that out....
Let's go back to your... umm... humorous... claims.

1. Jones isn't half the CB that Howard is. (Actually, Jones is quite good. Generally sticky coverage, he just doesn't get INTs... and what does half mean anyway?)
2. Iggy couldn't cover a baby. (With a blanket. ...and he did cover people quite well in limited snaps, later in the season)

Let's stick with those two exercises in ridiculousness and not wander too far afield. I've read your stuff, I know that you can express yourself better than this, (when you want to), but as usual, you are striving for hyperbolic debate, rather than clarity.

I mean... I'm laughing, but not with you, you know?

2. drafting a CB in the 1st round who couldn't cover a sleeping baby in a crib with a blanket.

I disagree with that philosophy, but now that we are here...I want to see it play out to its illogical conclusion, with all involved parties getting there just due...positive or negative.
The Dolphins made X the highest paid CB in '19 then saw him miss most of that season. Also let's not forget his domestic issue that popped up before the '20 draft. So you would have rather seen the Dolphins sit on their hands and not attempt to improve a key position in Flores defense? Why shouldn't they have tried to improve the team? This is a business and just because Howard let's his personal feelings get in the way of seeing the team try to improve doesn't make them doing so a mistake.

Byron Jones is still a very good CB even if many feel he is overpaid. The Dolphins were desperate for talent all over their roster going into last season. Iggy is a talented guy and there is no reason to believe that he won't improve going into his 2nd season. Most rookie CBs struggle, even X had his own struggles in '16 before getting injured and missing most of that season.

Yep. Let the accountants have at it in a way where both side can live with the deal

Call it a performance bonus or something. That way others knew if they produce and reach an all pro level they can get rewarded

Bottom line losing him would be a big step backward and that not the direction we are going

Just my opinion of course and i'm not a GM but i did play one on TV :HAT:
This is the most practical approach to the situation. If level heads prevail, this is the way it should go down. Too bad many pro athletes and/or their agents are anything but level-headed.

Last edited:
Lets reset,, and say X never asked for a reneg and showed for MC. If X has another 10 int season. And at the end of this year when the G money runs out. He asks for a new contract.

All the X haters...your response?
Let's reset. Let's say the Fins agree to renegotiate his contact, guaranteeing him 18 mil for three years. And he once again is injured and can't play.

All the X lovers...your response?

Uhhhh...no. Lol.

New agent = the need for a new contract. I think most people saw this coming when Howard signed with a new agent. Likely Howard's agent is stressing the importance holding firm as long as possible to try to get the team to bite. We are soon getting to the point where Howard or the team will have to blink. Odds are Howard blinks first.

How much time do we have? Don't teams have to KNOW X is available so they can put together an offer? Do we wait until camp to see if he is serious and holds out, or do we open up the marketplace right now?

Back
Top Bottom