X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

Can we offer that him that big contract but with an in injury clause, in other words, ok we’ll pay you 18 mil/yr), but you’ll have to stay healthy. Dock his pay 1.1 million game if gets injured, not to supercede his current contract (15 million annum?)

Can we offer that him that big contract but with an in injury clause, in other words, ok we’ll pay you 18 mil/yr), but you’ll have to stay healthy. Dock his pay 1.1 million game if gets injured, not to supercede his current contract (15 million annum?)
No agent or player will agree to injury clauses like that.

How much time do we have? Don't teams have to KNOW X is available so they can put together an offer? Do we wait until camp to see if he is serious and holds out, or do we open up the marketplace right now?
Good question. I hadn't thought about it from that perspective.

Some very interesting trade scenarios here. Which one do you prefer? I like the Trey Flowers and Chandler Jones deals if the $ works
I am with you. If we give up top play in the secondary, we need to try and make up for it with a better pass rush. Even though Flores has experience with Flowers and Jones, it's a different team, so I don't know if they are the answer, but we need to make up for the loss of X somehow. Teams may try and absorb X's contract by swapping his for another. Could an argument be made that Hunt might help our offense be more efficient, and we make up for the loss of X with improved play on offense?

X and his salary is probably worth 3 late round picks.We wont get more then some 4ths and 5th.

According to Marc the guy I quoted before the trade is a done deal and will be announced within 2 days

Let's reset. Let's say the Fins agree to renegotiate his contact, guaranteeing him 18 mil for three years. And he once again is injured and can't play.

All the X lovers...your response?

Nice try

I'm not an X supporter advocating for that contract. But it is telling that you need the extreme to make your point.

As much as I advocate for X. I have never said G him 54M over 3 years.

1. Since most people don't know what their co works make, this X contract move doesn't happen as much in the corporate world.

2. There aren't really an X haters that are true Fin Fans. There are those that do not approve of the decision he's making to skip camp and others are more okay with it.

3. I think the Dolphins need make an attempt to appease Howard. Howard's gripe is more about guaranteed money, than yearly amount. He's is 20th of all CBs in Gtd money left per year, and with his big 10 INT season it makes sense that he would want to get more security.
Correct and on #3 no one faults him. But what some of us fault is the way he and his agent have tried to get more guaranteed money. Instead of showing up to camp, participate in everything, and essentially show good faith to the contract he signed showing the Dolphins here’s where my contract stands currently, here’s where it compares, I’d like to talk about the possibility of restructuring BEHIND closed doors. No! They go on and act like he’s being payed 100k and the holdout and everything else.

That’s what some of us have a problem with. Goon/strongman type tactics.

Correct and on #3 no one faults him. But what some of us fault is the way he and his agent have tried to get more guaranteed money. Instead of showing up to camp, participate in everything, and essentially show good faith to the contract he signed showing the Dolphins here’s where my contract stands currently, here’s where it compares, I’d like to talk about the possibility of restructuring BEHIND closed doors. No! They go on and act like he’s being payed 100k and the holdout and everything else.

That’s what some of us have a problem with. Goon/strongman type tactics.
You can demand all negotiations take place behind scenes when...the league keeps all contracts private. You can't openly display all financial workings and then demand the player stay quite.

How much time do we have? Don't teams have to KNOW X is available so they can put together an offer? Do we wait until camp to see if he is serious and holds out, or do we open up the marketplace right now?

Even if Miami opens up "the marketplace," there is still the hurdle of the offer. How much will the Saints offer? How much is guaranteed? How many years? How much better is it than Miami's? Does he want out so bad he'll take less to leave? Blah, blah. Add to that what Miami wants in trade.

I'm confident X won't sit out '21. One of the 3 actors - X, NO, MIA - will have to blink to get this done. I'll be amazed if it's Grier/Flo

Are the Saint really willing to include K? I gotta say, I'm all instantly on the phone with NO feeling it out!!!! Kamara!!!! Wow!!!!

Back
Top Bottom