X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

Didn't Roseman rape us in a trade a few years back,maybe I'm way off but my ass still hurts regarding some interaction with them.

Didn't Roseman rape us in a trade a few years back,maybe I'm way off but my *** still hurts regarding some interaction with them.

That trade worked out just fine for Miami in the end, and the ripple effects of this trade are ridiculous.

At the time, the Eagles sent Miami Alonso and Byron Maxwell to move up from 13 to 8 in the 2016 draft. This was their first step in acquiring Carson Wentz.

As of today, that trade resulted in:

EAGLES:

2021 third round pick (traded to the Cowboys to move up from #12 to #10 overall in the 2021 draft)
2022 conditional 2nd round pick

Note - to finish the acquisition of Wentz, the Eagles also gave up:

The 2016 #8 overall pick, - this ended up being Jack Conklin
Their 2017 first round pick - #12 overall - this ended up becoming DeShaun Watson.
Their 2018 second-round pick - #64 overall - this ended up being Tyquan Lewis.

They did also acquire a 2017 fifth rounder from Cleveland) - this ended up being (I think) Troy Fumagalli, who recently signed with New England.

DOLPHINS:

Noah Igbinoghene
2020 pick 136 (traded to Houston to move up for Solomon Kindley)
Vince Biegel
The remainder of the bounty from the Tunsil Trade (2022 SF 1st round pick, 2022 3rd round pick, 2023 1st round pick)

The Eagles won the Super Bowl in 2017, but it sure as hell wasn't because of this trade.

Last edited:
Let's reset. Let's say the Fins agree to renegotiate his contact, guaranteeing him 18 mil for three years. And he once again is injured and can't play.

All the X lovers...your response?
First of all, I don’t think they should renegotiate his contract but if they do and he is injured, that’s football. I don’t think he has anymore risk of injury if they renegotiate his contract or not. If teams worried about paying a player a great deal of money because they were concerned a high priced player would get hurt and unable to play. There would be no high priced players in the league to begin with.

First of all, I don’t think they should renegotiate his contract but if they do and he is injured, that’s football. I don’t think he has anymore risk of injury if they renegotiate his contract or not. If teams worried about paying a player a great deal of money because they were concerned a high priced player would get hurt and unable to play. There would be no high priced players in the league to begin with.
Disagree on this one brother.

The guy has missed a lot of games, has had serious injuries to both knees, and is at an age where, historically, corners tend to have diminishing skills even without the considerable injury history.

That all has to be taken into consideration, irrespective of if it's X, or any player.

Disagree on this one brother.

The guy has missed a lot of games, has had serious injuries to both knees, and is at an age where, historically, corners tend to have diminishing skills even without the considerable injury history.

That all has to be taken into consideration, irrespective of if it's X, or any player.
Fans see what they want to see and very few even understand the cap. There’s no way, I mean zero chance, that they will pay him a NFL best deal. You just don’t make that kind of commitment to a 28 yr old oft-injured player. That’s exactly how the MD became the MD—draft disasters and cap mismanagement. Ain’t happening folks. Writing is all over the wall, but many of you just can’t read.

At this point he is just being greedy, get a new deal last year and already talking another contract? C’mon man..

Offer to Houston, X, Gesicke, Tua and a 1st for Watson.
Forget about Eagles, they cannot match our offer. We cannot afford X and Gesicke anyway, why not. So actually, we really only give up a 1st. As for Tua, I am not sure Hou wants him....I wonder why?

Offer to Houston, X, Gesicke, Tua and a 1st for Watson.
Forget about Eagles, they cannot match our offer. We cannot afford X and Gesicke anyway, why not. So actually, we really only give up a 1st. As for Tua, I am not sure Hou wants him....I wonder why?
The Texans are in a complete rebuild mode. Gesicki is a free agent after next season and I doubt he would want to sign a contract with a team rebuilding.
‘Howard would be over 30 and past his prime before the Texans are even a mediocre team again. I have zero desire to trade Tua at this time.

So I don’t see the Texans having any interest in this trade scenario and the Dolphins don’t have the high first round picks to offer in a trade for Watson like they did prior to the 2021 draft. I just don’t see Watson being traded to the Dolphins.

I thought the trade was done!!!!! The one random guy who has several league sources and insiders in Miami was so damn sure X was gone and a Miami was getting Watson or some s$&!.

Are you telling me I cannot trust a random guy on Twitter anymore who says he has sources in an organization who literally has not leaked anything in 3 years….WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TOO

I thought the trade was done!!!!! The one random guy who has several league sources and insiders in Miami was so damn sure X was gone and a Miami was getting Watson or some s$&!.

Are you telling me I cannot trust a random guy on Twitter anymore who says he has sources in an organization who literally has not leaked anything in 3 years….WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TOO
Sadly...

Reality interferes with our fantasies...

Dammit.

Back
Top Bottom