Cam Newton Projected to Fall | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Newton Projected to Fall

if we don't get out to a solid early start in 2011 i'm betting sparano doesn't make it out of week 10 still in the building

I say he's gone by Week 7 at the earliest.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

If Miami trades down they'd do well to consider someone premium to go opposite Marshall, like a Jon Baldwin.

Or Hankerson.

I would be syked to have us draft Cam Newton the only thing that would give me some hesitation is Jamarcus Russell.

I would be syked to have us draft Cam Newton the only thing that would give me some hesitation is Jamarcus Russell.

I think the thing that would give me hesitation is that Cam Newton sucks

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

I say he's gone by Week 7 at the earliest.

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Or Hankerson.

^^That

cause pennys entire game is the underneath routes and the te...he's check down chad pennington...of course he's gonna throw all those 3 yard routes in the flat to the te etc

you guys can like fasano all you want...in line i'm ok with him but as a receiving threat and someone that has to be accounted for he's not someone that dcs are all that worried about..i rarely if ever see him command any extra attention...

whatever...we could do worse...lol
With Pennington, checkdowns are very effective, as is the offense as a whole. To me, it speaks to Chad's ability to take what he has ability-wise and play it to its maximum effectiveness. That's a big part of what makes me think he will be a good OC one day.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSYd_C84mPBtGmFshY6L6746T-1.jpg

I still think we take the best offense player available. It will be interesting to see what happens if at least two of these five - Newton/Ingram/Mallett/Julio Jones/Gabbert are available with the 15th pick. Personally, I dont think that they will be, and if not, then a trade down with someone & pick up a second rounder would be the most logical.

It will be more interesting to see what happens if someone like Von Miller plus the 5 above is still available with our pick. I wouldn't really know who to pick if that were the case.

However, if Newton was available 15, then yes, I would pick him in a heart beat.

I look at Newton, and I see bust... I really just don't get a good feeling from him at all.

Passing on a QB for a 2nd TE would be an even worse decision than when Dave Wannstedt overrode Spielman and took a 3rd CB over Drew Brees.

Now c'mon - there are few moments in Fin History worse than that. I remember waking up from a massive Prague hangover (and well worth it) and finding the nearest internet cafe to scan the draft results. As I got closer to the FINS pick and seeing Brees undrafted, the more excited I got. Seeing the CB Fletcher as the Fins pick almost made me vomit on the spot.

Is there a worse draft moment?

I think Ireland has shown that he doesn't necessarily agree with many of Parcell's methods. I hope I'm right.

I wish this was true but I'm not sure. He is still consulting with BP and views him as his mentor. Ireland to me is BP2.0

If they believe in Henne they probably deserve the firing they'll get.

Seems like you really changed your opinion of Henne (as most people have). Don't get me wrong, I want a new QB real bad but I was wondering as one of the few who actually study film what changed your mind from sophomore slump to complete and hopeless bust. I'm only asking because you'll give an insightful and intelligent answer unlike most of the other people who just say "he sucks and if you can't see that then you're stupid."

Again, I am NOT pro Henne and am completely for drafting a qb in round 1.

With Pennington, checkdowns are very effective, as is the offense as a whole. To me, it speaks to Chad's ability to take what he has ability-wise and play it to its maximum effectiveness. That's a big part of what makes me think he will be a good OC one day.

i'd rather not have an oc or qb coach who thinks check down all the time...or qb for that matter

Back
Top Bottom