Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Could Ryan Tannehill be headed down same road as Alex Smith?

We're you not using QB rating with the whole 12th in the league thing?

You wanted numbers did you not?

Want to me share his comp. % and TDs and INts and yardage against the division?

The selective part was hand picking the games that you want to chose to calculate QB rating. His QB rating in his last season was 93.5 and good for 12th in the league. Period.

The selective part was hand picking the games that you want to chose to calculate QB rating. His QB rating in his last season was 93.5 and good for 12th in the league. Period.

The "hand picked" part was to support those who say Tannehill does not play well in big important games as does the writer in the article. The numbers prove this to be true. This should have been obvious why I picked those games.

Division games are not the most important games? I swear I've heard Gase say that and a few other coaches .....huh interesting. I guess they are wrong

So, the game against Pitt to turn around the 1-4 start in 2016 (you know, the game that started the playoff run) wasn't important? Good to know. The Buf, NYJ, SD, LA, SF games that followed weren't important either? That string of games with QB ratings of 97.4, 99.4, 86.8, 130.6, 89.3, and 130.6, to lead the team from 1-4 and dead in the water to 7-4 and in playoff contention, all unimportant? LMFAO.

So, the game against Pitt to turn around the 1-4 start in 2016 (you know, the game that started the playoff run) wasn't important? Good to know. The Buf, NYJ, SD, LA, SF games that followed weren't important either? That string of games with QB ratings of 97.4, 99.4, 86.8, 130.6, 89.3, and 130.6, to lead the team from 1-4 and dead in the water to 7-4 and in playoff contention, all unimportant? LMFAO.

Lol silly, I didn't say they were unimportant and didn't matter.

The NFL has this tournament at the end of the season called the playoffs and to make the playoffs and compete for a championship you have to win within the division to get there. And oddly enough Tannehill has never played in a playoff game and he has median QB rating of 73.6 against the AFC East. See the correlation there?

Lol silly, I didn't say they were unimportant and didn't matter.

No, you just left them off the list of big important games when calculating your selective QB rating. Can you be any more obvious in your bias?

BTW, in his last season, Tannehill was 2-1 against the AFCE with a QB rating of 93.1.

No, you just left them off the list of big important games when calculating your selective QB rating. Can you be any more obvious in your bias?

Well if I remember correctly Gase has said many times we have to win within the division, did he not? Are those not the most important games? I swear I've heard that but maybe you're right the non conference games are much more important.

12th best passer based on what? QB rating? So what!?! Tyrod Taylor had a 99.5 QB rating in 2015. Alex Smith was the #1 rated QB this year! And chiefs still dumped him

The only stat that is important is zero playoff wins, zero playoff starts

He is 37-40 as a starter. In comparison mark Sanchez is 41-37 as a starter. Joe flacco is 102-67. Alex Smith is 90-67. Andy Dalton is 62-48.

Zero pro bowls, not even as a bum alternate. What's that say what others think of him?

Whether you like it or not, the QB is going to get some of the blame for going 37-40 as a starter unless you have an ESTABLISHED QB like Brees or Rivers. That's the NFL today
Sanchez? you gotta be kidding me! Hopefully you didn't type that with a straight face!!!!!!! Given the Jets Defense, and protection including Mangold, Woody and Ferguson... if you don't think Tannehill would have had at least a .575 winning record, then I've got a shiny bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap!

Well if I remember correctly Gase has said many times we have to win within the division, did he not? Are those not the most important games? I swear I've heard that but maybe you're right the non conference games are much more important.

Gase also said Tannehill is his starter, the reason he chose the Dolphins, and a much better QB than the doubters (who know nothing about the QB position) think. Game. Set. Match. Thanks for playing.

Sanchez? you gotta be kidding me! Hopefully you didn't type that with a straight face!!!!!!! Given the Jets Defense, and protection including Mangold, Woody and Ferguson... if you don't think Tannehill would have had at least a .575 winning record, then I've got a shiny bridge in Brooklyn I can sell you cheap!

Exactly. Sanchez was only good until that overpaid Jets defense got old and the money ran out. When it became clear he had to win games without that crutch, he washed out of the game faster than you could say "butt-fumble".

Gase also said Tannehill is his starter, the reason he chose the Dolphins, and a much better QB than the doubters (who know nothing about the QB position) think. Game. Set. Match. Thanks for playing.
Gase's opinion isn't infallible. Yep, he's most likely going to be his starter. But doesn't mean he's going to be great.

Jay Cutler, let's look up what Gase said about him.

Hopefully he's right this time though.

Question...If QBWINZ doesn't matter, would Tannehill be a 6-10 QB this past season?

Depends on what you mean by #QBWINZ.

I would guess that most on this board believe we'd be a couple of wins better with RT than the JC/MM wonder twins. But all that proves is adding a significant upgrade at an important position CONTRIBUTES. It's been clear since the start of the modern passing era that the QB matters.

For the #QBWINZ crowd, I would ask what do you think would happen on almost any team if their top 3 pass catchers went down? Wouldn't team production / wins be expected to fall too?

The "hand picked" part was to support those who say Tannehill does not play well in big important games as does the writer in the article. The numbers prove this to be true. This should have been obvious why I picked those games.

You're aware that you've only made one thing "obvious" over the past couple years of your postings, right?

It's that you are one of a small group who will spend an inordinate amount of time poring through and selecting very specific data to try and make Tannehill seem inferior to every QB who has ever played in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom