Nick Saban: Daunte Still a Prime Time Player (Post-Game Presser) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Daunte Still a Prime Time Player (Post-Game Presser)

bluehaze said:
So who's the irrational one here? The one willing to bet the house on a one legged QB or the one keeping their money in the bank?

ok so that doesn't make any sense.

ckparrothead said:
Dating back to when the front office evaluated he and Drew Brees as candidates to be our long term answer at QB, decided on Daunte Culpepper, sent a 2nd round pick for him in trade and then took $7 million of roster bonuses and salaries and guaranteed it so that it will be prorated over the life of the contract.

If you disagree with that original decision, go ahead and send your resume into the head office. I'm sure they'll be very quick to hand the reins over to you.

Well, we have established that the singular "front office" gambled on Culpepper being the long term answer. That's all well and good - we have established that we invested something of value (a second-round pick) and some substantial monetary compensation in Daunte Culpepper. This alone does not make him our long term answer. It means that we have a lot to lose if he is not our long term answer.

At this point, he looks nothing like the Culpepper of two years ago. This could be due to his significant drop in performance and lack of mobility. You might consider that Culpepper has never actually done particularly well without Randy Moss. It may be that Moss made Culpepper in a sense. Regardless, that is irrelevant.

Culpepper did not play like a long term answer at any point this season. If it continues, then we draft a quarterback with our top-five pick. We are not bound to play Culpepper, only to pay him. We only pay the penalty if we refuse to learn our lesson.

I wouldn't give a hoot for any coach who sweet talked and sugar coated everything. Psychiatrist, what bunch of bull. when you screw up you admit it and expect to get your butt chewed out. This is a game of adult men trying to kick the hell out of other men, plain and simple, and the best men will always come out winners. The kind of coaching we have is falling on deaf ears. Can you imagine Shula or Lombardi consulting Psychiatrists, not me, but I can see these coaches calling a spade a spade and chewing peoples butts.

flintsilver7 said:
Well, we have established that the singular "front office" gambled on Culpepper being the long term answer. That's all well and good - we have established that we invested something of value (a second-round pick) and some substantial monetary compensation in Daunte Culpepper. This alone does not make him our long term answer. It means that we have a lot to lose if he is not our long term answer.

At this point, he looks nothing like the Culpepper of two years ago. This could be due to his significant drop in performance and lack of mobility. You might consider that Culpepper has never actually done particularly well without Randy Moss. It may be that Moss made Culpepper in a sense. Regardless, that is irrelevant.

Culpepper did not play like a long term answer at any point this season. If it continues, then we draft a quarterback with our top-five pick. We are not bound to play Culpepper, only to pay him. We only pay the penalty if we refuse to learn our lesson.

:clap: The most sensible post I think I have ever seen regarding the situation and yet you will still have a multitude of folks argue with you. It is clear there are many folks here who are Daunte Culpepper fans first and Miami Dolphin fans second.

flintsilver7 said:

No one expected him to. His injury generally takes two years to come back from. He is only year one.

Moss isn't exactly making Walter into an all pro quarterback. In fact he seems to be part of the problem there.

During Culpepper's best season, Moss was injured and missed 5 games and was not as effective during that season. Yet Culpepper still was able to have success.

To base Culpepper's ability to be the long term answer based on the first 4 games of the season would be just plain silly.

bluehaze said:
:clap: The most sensible post I think I have ever seen regarding the situation and yet you will still have a multitude of folks argue with you. It is clear there are many folks here who are Daunte Culpepper fans first and Miami Dolphin fans second.

Agreed. Seems to me a player should earn his respect...not be given it blindly.

bluehaze said:

That ideal is just plain silly as well. I am a Dolphin fan first and because I am a Dolphin fan I believe Daunte Culpepper is a long term answer at quarterback.

Hell saying that if I argue that Culpepper is the answer so I am a Culpepper fan would be exactly like saying, "you do not think Daute Culpepper is the answer, you must be a racist who just does not want to see a black quarterback lead the Miami Dolphins"

fishypete said:
Agreed. Seems to me a player should earn his respect...not be given it blindly.

So if the Dolphins traded Culpepper for Brady, brady should not be given any respect?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
No one expected him to. His injury generally takes two years to come back from. He is only year one.

Moss isn't exactly making Walter into an all pro quarterback. In fact he seems to be part of the problem there.

During Culpepper's best season, Moss was injured and missed 5 games and was not as effective during that season. Yet Culpepper still was able to have success.

To base Culpepper's ability to be the long term answer based on the first 4 games of the season would be just plain silly.

Why did the Dolphins trade a 2nd rounder for a player who at the least wouldn't be able to play for two years? And thats IF he comes back from the injury in the first place. That to me is a risky acquistion....filled with a sign of desperation....the same type of desperation that acquired Ricky....and keeps him still on the team.:shakeno:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
So if the Dolphins traded Culpepper for Brady, brady should not be given any respect?

I'm with you on this Dupree, but you should have said Peyton manning instead of Brady, because they just will put out how Brady was on 3 super bowl winning teams and Culpepper was on none.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
That ideal is just plain silly as well. I am a Dolphin fan first and because I am a Dolphin fan I believe Daunte Culpepper is a long term answer at quarterback.

Hell saying that if I argue that Culpepper is the answer so I am a Culpepper fan would be exactly like saying, "you do not think Daute Culpepper is the answer, you must be a racist who just does not want to see a black quarterback lead the Miami Dolphins"

Well I truely hope your expectation of Culpepper coming back doesn't make you jump off a roof....there's a very good chance he never be able to come back.:lol:

Added note....by the way, when you hear from Culpepper that his knee is sore...thats not a good sign....it means he wasn't ready to play to begin with and that they may be over working that knee now. So we all were lied to one way or the other....but by whom? Did Culpepper scam the coaches and doctors....or was it the other way around?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

Perceptions of others are merely a reflection of yourself my friend. Think about that while you reread your analogy there.

bluehaze said:
Perceptions of others are merely a reflection of yourself my friend. Think about that while you reread your analogy there.

Talk about missing a point.

Back
Top Bottom