A few things to get straight | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few things to get straight

Like, why didn’t we just commit to Tua and not have the distraction circus??? The kid can clearly play. Great release. Accuracy. Winner intangibles. Watson has yet to show the latter. I don’t mean to turn this into a Tua thread but our FO is looking really stupid right now.
Commit to him? We're paying him and we're starting him. What kind of commitment do you want that we aren't giving?

I

Those who hate on the 20 draft don't even own the fact that Tua is a hit yet. I always give 3 years before saying one or the other. But seeing those same posters say Phillips or Holland being hits is hilarious to me. We're judging a few years back here guys, not from the hip.

The original post which I have qualms/agreements with I'm saving for tomorrow where.i have a PC screen and not a sh*tphone.

Remember when people were saying 'the success/failure of that draft class hinged on TT?'

1. Tua - all he does is win games. Particularly good in “must get it” situations.

2. Jason Taylor was right about Phillips from day 1. Kid is going to be a stud.

3. We are a better team when Parker plays.

4. Palardy has been crushing his punts for several weeks now. I’ve gone from hater to lover.

5. Jason Sanders must relinquish his nickname, “the colonel” until he stops missing FGs

6. Waddle-a-hee-ho!!! Sing it with me.

7. Anymore talk of X’s declining skills or “we should trade him for a 2nd rounder”? Please see psychiatrist behind door number 2.

8. Big “Mack” Hollins is fun to root for.

9. Xavien Howard has 26 picks since 2016 - most in league. I don’t care how many games he’s missed. Yawwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Best CB in franchise history. Easily. End of story. Thank you.

10. Why do we have an NHL ice hockey guy coaching our o-line? Guy LaFleur would be better than this guy. Just imagine what our O could do if defenders actually got blocked a little. Help, please.

5 in a row. We have something to play for.

PS - duck Deshaun Watson and Ross and whoever else in the FO that went for this fool. We have a great in the making QB. Thank you and good night. 💤.
well said.. agree on all points..

Tua needs to run early in every game (safe as possible, of course), just to put the fear in the defense.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

I honestly believe Tua thinks he can make every play with his arm, so tucking and running is like waaaay down his list of options (obviously that's a scramble and not a designed run play).

And I think Charles Harris won that game for the Lions today, but I'm not positive.
I agree that ripping off a run or two a half would benefit him but he isn’t really mr hero ball he gives the impression that he believes in his teammates to catch the ball

Don't forget about the longsnapper!!
(I say this with 100% seriousness.)
Seriously.
The best long-snapper is the guy that you can't remember his name because you never hear an announcer say his name...I'll admit it...I don't remember his name. I'm not against using a draft pick on a role-player, as long as they play that role well. Kicker, punter, snapper, etc. All great teams are very good in those areas.

Plus he left when Shula left - Patrick was quite the player and he was very solid person!!!
JJ Drafted Surtain in 1998. Surtain got traded to KC by Saban for a 2nd rounder in 2005, and we took Matt Roth from Iowa with the pick.

Tua needs to run early in every game (safe as possible, of course), just to put the fear in the defense.

Am I the only one that thinks this?

I honestly believe Tua thinks he can make every play with his arm, so tucking and running is like waaaay down his list of options (obviously that's a scramble and not a designed run play).

And I think Charles Harris won that game for the Lions today, but I'm not positive.
I feel the same way. Would love to see Tua roll out and take off a few times a game. This would open things up even more. I don't want him taking a hit, so needs to slide, but would love to see it.

The best long-snapper is the guy that you can't remember his name because you never hear an announcer say his name...I'll admit it...I don't remember his name. I'm not against using a draft pick on a role-player, as long as they play that role well. Kicker, punter, snapper, etc. All great teams are very good in those areas.
Yep. Agree 100%- especially when that pick is a 6th rounder. Miami might get 10 years out of that pick. Not a lot of 6th rounders you can say that about.
I think 6th and 7th rounders should be used on players like that(not all the time, but on occasion)

I loved Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain. Best CB duo ever not just on the dolphins but any team IMO. But Xavien Howard…. he’s the best I’ve seen. Primetime was great yes, Darrelle Revis was great… but I’ll take Howard over either one of them.

Back
Top Bottom