Adam Gase Needs To Go!!! Immediately!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase Needs To Go!!! Immediately!!!

Please understand that I care very little what guys do once they are on other team. I'm going to go based on how they perform as Dolphins and how much it hurts this team to waste capital replacing players they already had but can't manage instead of building around guys who were productive.

Landry isn’t worth what his salary was going to be and the cap hit along with it. Not even close

I highly doubt that Landry makes a big difference today if any. Amendola will probably be gone next season. Hopefully Albert Wilson can make a full recovery. I don't think paying 15 mil/yr for a possession WR would have been a wise move for a team that already has salary cap issues. IMO the bigger concern on offense is the O-line. The Dolphins need to finally solidify that group. This team seriously needs to be able to run the balll more consistently. They started out doing an ok job today but went away from it. Still they need to fix that O-line, which is getting tiresome having to say every damn year. I think they also need to sign some legit competion for Tannehill, someone who would at least be a superior backup compared to Osweiler or Fales.

I don't know if Gase will be back but there needs to be some major changes to the coaching staff. Burke needs to go, the O-line coach needs to go, and Gase needs to replace Loggains with a legit offensive coordinator who actually calls plays.

Other than O-line, the rest of the draft needs to go towards the defense. First two picks must be a CB and DE. Also need another DT and LB.

I said before the game that I was on the fence about him, I wanted him to come out aggressively, have the team ready for a big game on the road. And once again, he fails. Just abysmal. This is the exact same Miami team we see under every coach. Have a big win, then **** the bed in the next game. Basically every single time. Pathetic performance from every facet of the game, and that leads back to the HC once again not having the team ready to play on the road. Punting from the opponents half while down by 21? Coaching scared. Again.

Not quite done with him, but very close. Sick of all the injury excuses, they only buy you so much time. For me, it's his attitude and in game decision making that make me lose faith in him, more so than the win loss record. A scared coach. Not an offensive guru by any stretch.

Not particularly. He’s taking a huge chunk of the cap and hasn’t been very good. Browns have won 4 out of five games and the games they’ve won Landry’s averaged about 34 yards. Hardly a reason they are winning. I mean you could say that ted Larson is helping us win games using the same logic
Did Ted Larsen help us win last week?

Landry will finish this season with 1,000 yards receiving. What will Larsen's claim to fame be...the block that sprung Drake?

Ladies, I can sum up every deficiency the Dolphins have had for almost the entire past 10 years:

Leadership.

Have you ever had that friend that always failed in life, yet always had an excuse? It was always someone else's fault, right? He/she just never had the right chance, remember?

But he/she was always quick with the apologies and "do better next times". Yes?

This is your sports friend: The Miami Dolphins.

Remember your conclusions about your real life friend? It IS his/her fault. He/she IS the reason. He/she will ALWAYS have an excuse

So, how does that lesson explain The Miami Dolphins? Quite simply, there is no one accountable. No leadership. No one, with power, that will accept nothing less than success.

Tell tell signs:
  • Fold under the pressure of national media or ability to control division or own playoff destiny
  • Win improbable games when everyone has counted them out (i.e. no pressure)
  • Has no solution for repetitive problems (OL, Run D, Running Game, etc)
  • Cannot dominate an opposing team on either side of the ball
  • Cannot win a game based solely on QB performance
  • Has no vocal leaders in the huddle and on the field
  • Has no leader who will accept full blame AND show progress
  • (insert other indicators here)

I remember wanting Tom Coughlin to mentor Dan Campbell. Dan is a leader. The problem many fans felt was too much to overcome was Dan's lack of "genius" on either side of the ball.

The lesson, however, is Dan HAS what every coach we have hired doesn't have. You can't teach leadership. It is either there or it isn't.

Dan is a manager. He is a coach who needed coordinators around him. But he can feel the pulse of his team and keep them ready to win.

What we have in leadership is a bunch of guys looking to everyone else for leadership. We have people in leadership roles with leadership titles, but no leadership. Ross can spend money, but doesn't know football. TB can spend money, but can't identify talent or leadership. Gase is a quiet cerebral, he can get mad when things don't work, but he can't lead. He's too busy figuring out X's and O's to lead. RT has been beat to hell and is now shell shocked. But even when he was able and confident, he still lacked true leadership. It had to be given to him.

Rizzi is a motivator and leader. But lacks the position, title and power to lead the team.

Fans just wanting RT to be cut are missing the point.
Fans just wanting TB and Co fired are missing the point.
Fans just wanting Gase fired are missing the point.
Fans just wanting Burke fired are missing the point.

They all need to go.

I'm an RT fan and love the kids story, resilience and tough-as-nails ability to keep getting up for my team. But he is shell-shocked and it is time for us to move on.

I'm tired of "up and coming" and "new kid on the block" hires. I'm tired of us getting cute trying to re-invent football.

I want proven winners who can lead bringing back the moxie of The Miami Dolphins organization.

Unless Ross dies, he is going to be the owner. But when we get a "Dan Marino" mentality in the Executive offices who can pick other "Dan Marino" types at GM, HC and Staff, we will start to see real progress.

Tom Coughlin came knocking on our door and we still had Dan Campbell in the building. Dan is from Tom's tree. Unfortunately, we got star crossed thinking some young guy who had barely learned how to lace up his football cleats was going to fix the entire organization. When he didn't have the experience or knowledge to do it.

We need a proven man at the top of the food chain. Followed by other men who can lead. And aren't afraid to do it.

Anyone for an Oklahoma Drill?

I'm tired of finessing football. Let's get in the trenches and knock people's helmets off. It's time we got back to grown man football.

I think it’s very strange for a HC to sit on the bench when the D is on the field Gase sole responsibility according to him is the offense and they suck.
Next.

No he won’t and yes ted Larsen did help us win last week. He threw a critical block on the miracle play
He has 827...so maybe he doesn't get 1,000. He'll finish the year with about the same amount of yards as Wilson, Amendola, and Grant...but that was the plan.

He has 827...so maybe he doesn't get 1,000. He'll finish the year with about the same amount of yards as Wilson, Amendola, and Grant...but that was the plan.

if you think paying 21.5 million for maybe 900 yards maybe and a couple of tds at just over 11 ypc I don’t know what to tell you. Wilson was the better player until he got hurt and grant is playing for peanuts.

You probably shouldn't use six exclamation marks in your headline if you want your claim of not rushing to judgement taken seriously. That said, point taken, the road record is awful. Problem is the home record is so good. Makes it hard to dismiss altogether and lean towards trying to fix. At least for me.

Last edited:
IDK if this is accurate, but Gase is 7-17 on the road and 14 of those losses are blowouts.
Yeah he won't be a head coach in the league for much longer if that trend continues.
Just this year his team is 1-6 on the road with 5 of those 6 loses being by 10 or more points.

Back
Top Bottom