1996 ZERO

1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins

1994 Heath Shuler

1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer

1992 ZERO

1991 ZERO

1990 Jeff George

1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Very few of this QBs ever won a SB. Really, the best thing about having the first pick is trading it and stealing another desperate team’s future. Look at what Washington gave up for RG3 lol.

Actually, that is where I think our biggest disagreement is at. It would seem that an earlier pick is better, but that is only true if you get what you really want.

Past draft performances shows that even highly rated draft picks don't always result in getting a successful NFL player. There are a lot of reasons this is so, but the important aspect to me is that for any small number of sequential picks (ex. 1, 2 and 3) or even just close picks (ex. 2, 4 and 6), the practical result of getting a winner are probably pretty much even. This is a because so many variables, such as skill, maturity, life style and willingness to learn are so hard to quantify in a meaningful manner; that a statistical analysis is less useful then when dealing with easily quantifiable variables.

I hope my argument makes sense to you.
Thats a good point, but generally, outliers are easier to spot than the field... In other words, I would argue that the effect you are talking about only amplifies as you get further down the draft.

QBs drafted in the top 5

2018 Baker Mayfield and Sam Dumba$$

2017 Mitchell Trubisky

2016 Goff and Wentz

2015 Winston and Mariota

2014 Blake Bortles LMAO

2013 ZERO!

2012 Luck and RGIII lmao

2011 Cam

2010 Sam Bradford

2009 Matt Stafford and Marky Sanchez

2008 Matt Ryan

2007 JaMarcuss Russell

2006 Vince Young

2005 Alex Smith

2004 Eli Manning SB winner and Rivers

2003 Carson Palmer

2002 David Carr and Joey Harrington

2001 Micheal Vick

2000 ZERO

1999 Tim Couch and Akili Smith

1998 Peyton Manning SB winner and Ryan Leaf

1997 ZERO

1996 ZERO

1995 Steve McNair and Kerry Collins

1994 Heath Shuler

1993 Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer

1992 ZERO

1991 ZERO

1990 Jeff George

1989 Troy Aikman SB winner

Very few of this QBs ever won a SB. Really, the best thing about having the first pick is trading it and stealing another desperate team’s future. Look at what Washington gave up for RG3 lol.
And what does the list of QBs picked outside the top 5 look like?

Like I said....draft a QB in the first (I am of the opinion that Burrow would still be there at 5, and Fromm would be available with the 2nd first round pick)....then go into camp with the rookie, Rosen, and Fitz.

If the rookie breaks out, awesome. If he doesn't, it's ok. This team isn't winning the Super Bowl in 2020.
Idk if Borrow going be there at 5 maybe Tua. I am not qb expert.. just hope for best for dolphins. When it come to land qb. These Qb are over hype laterly and over draft because of position. That why they are struggling under pressure in nfl. Most of them are bust waiting happen

Bottom line which qb do u feel can handle most pressure. Will be most successful qb in 2020 draft. That why Lamar Jackson is best qb in 2018 draft class so far. Rosen cannot deal w pressure of nfl. That why he struggling. Jags qb he look good for 5 rd pick.

I doubt Burrow or Tua will be there at 5. We definitely need to draft a QB and I would draft multiple.
1b Herbert
2a Eason or Love
6 Gordon

I would have Rosen battle it out with those 3 QBs.

At this point, I'd trade down with whatever pick we end up getting because it won't be top 3, and I'd take Hurts. I don't want any of the other QBs.

At this point, I'd trade down with whatever pick we end up getting because it won't be top 3, and I'd take Hurts. I don't want any of the other QBs.

Hurts lmao! Hurts and Fromm are both garbage! Neither will be successful in the NFL. Wasted picks.

Someone just made a list in another thread, was trying to find it to link it. But to name a couple on that list R. Wilson, Aron Rodgers..
I know exactly who's on that list... There's no way making a list of top 5 picks vs the rest is going to make his argument look good... Just way to many nobodies on the outside of top 5 list to make up for the actual hits in the top 5 one...

Regardless, arguing that drafting earlier doesnt have any benefits is a losing proposition...

****ing sit him for a year then. Jesus Christ. We dont have to drop him in day one. you got to get the QB at some point. You cant keep kicking the can down the road forever until we have this magically landing spot for a QB.

And no. Rosen is done. Dont tell me about how terrible this team is when Fitzpatrick has come in since he got canned in the skinz game and won two games. Nearly three games if Rosen **** all over himself in the skinz game.
That's exactly what I'm telling you and exactly my point. QBs take time to figure out this league.

And sit him for a year? What a waste of contract year. You only get so many years on a rookie QBs contract, and after that it becomes the biggest part of the cap. That's why you build the team around it first. 4-5 years of a relatively low salary at QB allows teams to spend on other positions. Once a QB gets that second contract they better be a great QB bc you have less money to spend elsewhere. Back to my point of how dumb it is to march a QB out there for 4-5 years behind a crappy team, still don't know what you have, then try to sign them to a long term deal.

Hurts lmao! Hurts and Fromm are both garbage! Neither will be successful in the NFL. Wasted picks.
Heard that same argument for Lamar Jackson. Ignored it then, still going to ignore it. Not saying he'll be Jackson, but he looks to be pretty close.

I doubt Giants, or Jets take a QB. Washington is throwing in the towel and giving Haskins a look. But I am totally ok with Burrow, Tua, or Herbert to be honest. Hell I am ok with drafting Fromm or Eason later. All 5 are good QB's and would not shed a tear if Miami drafted any of them. I am just a bigger fan of drafting a QB in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom