FinHeaven Site Announcement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FinHeaven Site Announcement

I sort of felt obligated, which is totally self imposed. It's like going to someone's house for dinner and not bringing a house offering.
Yes.. But I'd say more like; moving in to a friends house, eating every day of the week and not offering to help with the dishes or buy tp. You can only do that for so long before feeling like a jerk. Myself included.

I think people should donate if they want. Shouldn't feel obligated. Shouldn't feel bad if you cant. I know I cant. Nothing personal.

If you don't got it, you don't got it . . . all Matt and the Finheaven fam is suggesting is if you truly enjoy the site, for some of us this site is part of our daily routine . . . or even if you just feel like it is a great source of news surrounding your favorite football team . . . . why not cut back on something that you would normally do, whether it is buying a six pack or going to the bar and only having 2 beers instead of 3 . . . there is no shame in donating $5 or less . . . because this certainly isn't a site looking to make a profit, just a site run by fans and the mods and admins don't get paid but put in tons of hours in making sure this site is ran to its fullest capabilities. They certainly aren't suggesting taking food out of your family's mouth or gas out your tank so you can go to work and they realize in this world you have people who have those circumstances . . . however there is more than 99% of this sites population who aren't donating . . . and it is hard to believe that even half of that number is going through those dire needs . . . so if you can or whoever can spare a little something to give back to the site, please help these guys out . . . if anybody deserves a little charity in regards to football it is Finheaven and the team that helps keep this site going strong.

Good Luck guys

I am a two time VIP member and a donator. Would it be out of the question to ask for the financial needs of Finheaven to be a little clearer? What I am asking for is a more clear idea of how much it costs to run the site and how much it would require for it to break even (or indeed make a profit) on a yearly basis. I honestly think people would be more likely to donate if there was a clear target to reach (maybe even a tracker embedded on the site).

I personally will gladly donate again and I am pleased to help keep the site running. Keep up the good work lads.

I understand that, but if you are getting over 2 million visits a month, then with the ads, you should easily have enough to keep the site running. If not then you need to strategize your ad placements. I used to run a fan site and I know the cost of running one

Based on the fin-atic post I get the sense that you are worthless if you dont donate. That is how i thought the post came across. But that is how I took it

Thanks everyone who donated. As gratefully as I am it is sad that of the 800 plus who view this only about 20 people have donated. Amazing that people use us so much but won't support the site. It just makes no sense to me how people can read this thread and click away with a clear concious. Just sucks others pay for their fun.

that just sounds so negative towards members who don't donate.

I am a two time VIP member and a donator. Would it be out of the question to ask for the financial needs of Finheaven to be a little clearer? What I am asking for is a more clear idea of how much it costs to run the site and how much it would require for it to break even (or indeed make a profit) on a yearly basis. I honestly think people would be more likely to donate if there was a clear target to reach (maybe even a tracker embedded on the site).

I personally will gladly donate again and I am pleased to help keep the site running. Keep up the good work lads.

I like that idea. Put up a goal or target, like other fund raising, and give an update on how we are doing. Reaching that goal would be a challenge, which I think the forum would be up to.

I know myself, from other fund raisers I've donated to, that when it gets close to the target I have a tendency to donate again, after doing so earlier.

I understand that, but if you are getting over 2 million visits a month, then with the ads, you should easily have enough to keep the site running. If not then you need to strategize your ad placements. I used to run a fan site and I know the cost of running one

Based on the fin-atic post I get the sense that you are worthless if you dont donate. That is how i thought the post came across. But that is how I took it

Boy your so wrong with Matt, the man takes a loss every year to keep this site going, it's run by fans for fans, so give the man a break if you took his post the wrong way, he's only asking for $5 or more from people to keep the site going every year.if it came out wrong it came out wrong, but that was not meant to be negative in anyway............thank's

Disagree. It's like other fund raisers. I use PBS when I watch some great shows, and they explain that it costs money to keep putting them on the air.

I always depend on and enjoy the site. I donated and good luck.

i'm in. Will re-up on my VIP in the next few weeks. I come to this site every day, working or not. Great info and love the sigs with fine ass women :hump:. Keep it up!

Plus this is the ONLY :d-day: place for Dolphins info.

You guys ever try to get the franchise involved? I know they have their own site to worry about but this is the best team site out there by far.....they should lend a helping hand.

Back
Top Bottom