Fitz is Holding The Team Back. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz is Holding The Team Back.

These threads are hilarious. They assume that Tua wouldn't come in and have growing pains? Maybe Fitz is making some mistakes, but we can't say for sure that Tua wouldn't make as many / more.

Now, if you're of the opinion that Tua should come in to get the growing pains over sooner, rather than later, that's one thing.

But to say Fitz is holding us back ...

Do we give credit at all for the good, or just point out the bad? I think we've about 4th most points in AFC. Behind a line that's very, very new, with a 7th round running back fresh as a starter, wideouts banged up / coming back from injury ...

Hell no. Just point out the mistakes and say with complete confidence that a rookie would be better. :shrug:
I think you miss the point Tua needs to experience some growing pains - he is either Physical ready or not - he is Next man up on the roster to play immediately if Fitz is hurt -

Regardless of the record (which Isn’t great) This is not a PO caliber team - but it could be next year

Throwing 50/50 balls into coverage is not good QB play

Sure he wins some and loses some but he has never led a team to the POs for a reason

Sure he has been near contention but 16 years is ample sample size
He's also spent awhile playing when he didn't really enjoy it. That makes a big difference.

This is a sweet spot where he's enjoying what he's doing, is in a familiar offense, and has some weapons to play with. Because of all of this, this is the first time that he's been "super leader" guy where the team loves playing for him. We are top 5 in the NFL in point differential with him at the helm having played 66% playoff teams from last season.

To throw that away for a rookie QB who spent most of the last year rehabbing instead of practicing football and didn't have a preseason would be career suicide.

Fitz is also a leader who the players rally around. He works hard and leaves it all on the field, and it seems a lot of guys follow his example.
Led his team into the POs how many times in 16 years???????

Rally them to what????

Count em up

Last edited:
After reading all these I'm convinced this is the thread version of schizophrenia

I think you miss the point Tua needs to experience some growing pains - he is either Physical ready or not - he is Next man up on the roster to play immediately if Fitz is hurt -

Regardless of the record (which Isn’t great) This is not a PO caliber team - but it could be next year
I disagree. If this same exact team exists the way it is for the rest of the season, we will make the playoffs and you can quote me at the end of the year.

If this is a fluke or we fall apart due to injuries then we won't, but as of right now this point differential directly tells us that this is a playoff team record be damned.

He's also spent awhile playing when he didn't really enjoy it. That makes a big difference.

This is a sweet spot where he's enjoying what he's doing, is in a familiar offense, and has some weapons to play with. Because of all of this, this is the first time that he's been "super leader" guy where the team loves playing for him. We are top 5 in the NFL in point differential with him at the helm having played 66% playoff teams from last season.

To throw that away for a rookie QB who spent most of the last year rehabbing instead of practicing football and didn't have a preseason would be career suicide.
He is living the dream they can share snaps it is going to happen this year just a matter of when and then peeps will be like we could have more wins under Tua

Not suggesting POs because I don’t think we are there yet but nibbling

Fitzpatrick is awesome but there's a reason he's been a journeyman his whole career... Dude plays his heart out AND is a great mentor to Tua.
As such, I have zero problem with the process to groom Tua.

The impatient fans yelling for Tua now will just be the intolerable ones screaming bust when Tua has a bad interception game.

I disagree. If this same exact team exists the way it is for the rest of the season, we will make the playoffs and you can quote me at the end of the year.

If this is a fluke or we fall apart due to injuries then we won't, but as of right now this point differential directly tells us that this is a playoff team record be damned.
I like your posts - I don’t replay posts - but we are not as far ahead as you think

Back
Top Bottom