Four options at QB...choose one | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four options at QB...choose one

Four options at QB...choose one

• Total voters
i vote flynn.if manning was 5 years younger there would be no question.RGIII is still a close second

If you don't want Manning, you're crazy. If he signs with us, it will be because he and his doctors thinks he can play. Lets leave the decisions that put Manning's life in danger to them. Any of this "one hit away" business or "if healthy" talk is all speculation from armchair GM's reading from their "sources" and bleacher reports. We would be signing 1 guy who was worth about 8-10 wins to his Colts. He had a statistically down year in 2010 (lower win%, comp%, qb rating) playing through the first surgery to correct a pinched nerve. Still, he threw for the second most yards in the league(~4700) and second most TD's(33) with a decent TD:INT ratio.

Odds are he won't be playing in Indy next year. The entire team is falling apart. There's a lot of uncertainty with Saturday, Diem on their Oline going into FA. Wayne, Garcon, Gonzalez on the WR corp are all up for FA, never had a RB in Indy worth anything. That Defense is also losing key pieces. Freeney is on his last year of his contract, mathis is in FA. If you're Manning, why would you want to stay? There's even a hot new prospect, the best since Manning himself, looming in the shadows of the upcoming draft. The entire front office just got canned. NFL.com is reporting that he doesn't recognize his organization anymore. He's done with Indy.

This is Peyton f'in Manning. Future HoFer Peyton Manning. I would take him with one arm(granted it better be his throwing arm) over anyone not named Aaron Rodgers. Even if he has a terrible season with us, he'll trip and fall on his way to throwing 4000 yards and 25+ TD's. When was the last time we had that? Everyone saying we'll be in the same place in 2-3 years was quick to forget every QB we've started since Dan. We've been in the same place for +10 years. No guarantees we won't be in the same place in a few years with Flynn or Rg3. Getting Manning now doesn't mean we can't prepare for the future by drafting a prospect to develop behind Manning. That path worked out pretty well for Arod. I'll guarantee you if manning says he can play that he'll outplay both Flynn and Rg3. Stephen Ross, pay the man.

If you don't want Manning, you're crazy. If he signs with us, it will be because he and his doctors thinks he can play. Lets leave the decisions that put Manning's life in danger to them. Any of this "one hit away" business or "if healthy" talk is all speculation from armchair GM's reading from their "sources" and bleacher reports. We would be signing 1 guy who was worth about 8-10 wins to his Colts. He had a statistically down year in 2010 (lower win%, comp%, qb rating) playing through the first surgery to correct a pinched nerve. Still, he threw for the second most yards in the league(~4700) and second most TD's(33) with a decent TD:INT ratio.

Odds are he won't be playing in Indy next year. The entire team is falling apart. There's a lot of uncertainty with Saturday, Diem on their Oline going into FA. Wayne, Garcon, Gonzalez on the WR corp are all up for FA, never had a RB in Indy worth anything. That Defense is also losing key pieces. Freeney is on his last year of his contract, mathis is in FA. If you're Manning, why would you want to stay? There's even a hot new prospect, the best since Manning himself, looming in the shadows of the upcoming draft. The entire front office just got canned. NFL.com is reporting that he doesn't recognize his organization anymore. He's done with Indy.

This is Peyton f'in Manning. Future HoFer Peyton Manning. I would take him with one arm(granted it better be his throwing arm) over anyone not named Aaron Rodgers. Even if he has a terrible season with us, he'll trip and fall on his way to throwing 4000 yards and 25+ TD's. When was the last time we had that? Everyone saying we'll be in the same place in 2-3 years was quick to forget every QB we've started since Dan. We've been in the same place for +10 years. No guarantees we won't be in the same place in a few years with Flynn or Rg3. Getting Manning now doesn't mean we can't prepare for the future by drafting a prospect to develop behind Manning. That path worked out pretty well for Arod. I'll guarantee you if manning says he can play that he'll outplay both Flynn and Rg3. Stephen Ross, pay the man.

if it was the same peyton of years do u think indy would let him go? no f-ing way, they know something we dont know, steer clear away from manning.

Matt Flynn

only 26, knows the system and works well within it and even if he has some weaknesses/whatever weaknesses he has Philbin should know how to mask them.

That will only work for a little while as you cannot mask much from top defenses.

Philbin won't tie his NFL head coaching career to a lemon. If he wants Flynn and actively pursues him that is the QB i want. He is probably going to be a free agent pickup so all it costs is whatever salary he commands. Manning and RG3 would be cost prohibitive with all the holes we have to fill on this team. Moore we already have, he can be our #2 QB.

This is my thinking as well - If Philbin wants Flynn, that's the right way to go.

If we get Flynn let's hope it's because Philbin really believes in him and it's not just familiarity. He needs to realize once he marries Matt Flynn his head coaching career could likely go as far as he and Flynn go. The endorsement of Flynn by MacCarthy does nothing for me either. Reed gushed about Kolb before shipping him off to Arizona.

I watched Flynn's first game vs NE and do remember him playing pretty well. I also seem to remember there 2 minute offense at the end of that game being way to slow. Also, 6 TD passes is always impressive but boy I saw more blown coverages by the Lions secondary in their playoff game then I saw all season. Sure they were playing NO but blown coverages are blown coverages.

if it was the same peyton of years do u think indy would let him go? no f-ing way, they know something we dont know, steer clear away from manning.

So I guess I didn't make the Colts FA issues apparent enough. It's a huge issue for the Colts to keep Manning. The colts are over the 2011 salary cap at the moment. the 2012 salary cap is not expected to change much from 2011. If they keep Manning, that's about a 35 million hit over salary cap this coming year. They could cut Dallas Clark, Gary Brackett, Joseph Addai, Melvin Bulitt, Adam Vinatieri, Jerry Hughes, Donald Brown, Antonio Johnson, Zac Diles, Fili Moala, Justin Snow, Dwight Freeny, and Antoine Bethea and still be over the cap 3 mil. They would still have to deal with replacing these guys with scrub min salary players. Wayne, garcon, gonzalez are also up for FA. It's a complete tear down to keep Manning.

Then there's the Andrew Luck issue. Drafting him will be about 15 mil for salary and bonuses in 2012. At the min, it will be 5 mil a year on the bench. With the salary cap issues, are you're gonna draft luck and keep Manning where both will account for 40% of their entire salary cap and both cannot play at the same time? Chances are they're going to pick one or the other. If you pick Manning, gut the team for what may be 2-3 more years of Manning greatness playing with scrubs or draft the best prospect since Manning and put some talent around him.

Manning won't want to play in that situation since chances are low that he'll be back to a superbowl and the Colts will probably want to move forward instead of gutting the team for their franchise guy to ride off into the sunset. This isn't a talent recognition issue. It's a money issue.

I have a hard time accepting the logic behind this statement. So let me get this striaght, if Indy releases Peyton, their front office knows something we don't? Wow! Frankly, I call BS. How about Indy has a chance with the #1 overall pick to draft Andrew Luck? How about the fact that Indy is unsure if they wanna pay Peyton $28,000,000 in March? Truth is, we all know why Indy might release Peyton. The problem, only some of us are smart enough to understand why.

When it comes to Peyton I don't care what Indy thinks they know. Peyton Manning has too much integrity to try to play if he cannot be effective. If Peyton does not retire, I think he will have success.

I go with Flynn. He sat behind AR who sat behind #4.
So they learned from a Hall Of Famer. Both Rodgers and Flynn were under Philbins wing.
Flynn should know what it takes to be the Guy. With his familiarity of our new Head Coach, and his system.
This Dolphins Team would be great. They went to a super bowl. They know how to win.
We need that kind of swagger back in Miami. We need to be back on top and have the most Super Bowls.
I have been waiting along time to see the Miami Dolphins win a AFC Champion Ship, and then go on to win th Lombardi.
It will come, i know it will. When that happens think about how much you love this team and how good it would feel. #1

I go with Flynn. He sat behind AR who sat behind #4.
So they learned from a Hall Of Famer. Both Rodgers and Flynn were under Philbins wing.
Flynn should know what it takes to be the Guy. With his familiarity of our new Head Coach, and his system.
This Dolphins Team would be great. They went to a super bowl. They know how to win.
We need that kind of swagger back in Miami. We need to be back on top and have the most Super Bowls.
I have been waiting along time to see the Miami Dolphins win a AFC Champion Ship, and then go on to win th Lombardi.
It will come, i know it will. When that happens think about how much you love this team and how good it would feel. #1

Instead of getting someone who sat behind someone who learned from a HoFer... Why not just sign a HoFer? Favre wasn't even particularly fond of Arod. I'm not sure how much tutoring was going on.

I would like the Dolphins to trade for Flynn, AND draft a second round QB like Tannehill, Foles, Osweiller, Weeden, or Wilson.

GO PHINS~!

I would like the Dolphins to trade for Flynn, AND draft a second round QB like Tannehill, Foles, Osweiller, Weeden, or Wilson.

GO PHINS~!
Dolphins wont have to trade for Flynn. Miami can simply sign him as a unrestricted free agent, assuming Green Bay doesn't franchise tag him.

Dolphins wont have to trade for Flynn. Miami can simply sign him as a unrestricted free agent, assuming Green Bay doesn't franchise tag him.

OK, but you missed the bigger point.... which was that i want the Dolphins to sign Flynn AND still draft a QB.

Back
Top Bottom