Four options at QB...choose one | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four options at QB...choose one

Four options at QB...choose one

• Total voters
No such thing as "good as new". Players age every single day, and get hurt throughout the season. Injuries occur, and whether a player requires surgery (even three neck surgeries) or not is beside the point. Point is, all athletes deal with physical pain and some can play through it. If Peyton is cleared to play football, yes theirs a chance he may be washed up. Yet, I'm willing to take the risk. Because if it's one thing I know for sure, Manning QB's are tough.

I know that, but people are throwing around the phrase "if healthy" like it means something. It doesn't. It means he's cleared to play football. Not necessarily quality football, not necessarily even better than anyone we currently have.

You'd roll the dice on him, I wouldn't. Fair enough.

apparently it only takes 2 games to become the 2nd coming of Dan Marino on these boards...

002kcp3d-1.gif

it's so ****ing stupid, it was his receivers doing all the work he lacks arm strength and nn of those plays were elite in those 6 touch downs, also look at the team he was playing, the offense masterminds.

i dont want payton manning .. it puts us in the same position we are now 1-2 years down the road!

I don't think Flynn is better than Moore, and I don't think Peyton will play next season. If RG3 is too costly, I'd rather wait 'till next year.

I voted for Manning but I would rather make Coyle DC and sign Mario Williams,Manny Lawson,Reggie Nelson,and Robert Meachem and draft Michael Brockers and Brandon Weedon. Soliai,Langford and Carey walk of course, and Moore is traded for cap reasons and to clear the way for a controversy free transition to the Weeden era.

However, it is more likely that the the FO will acquire Manning.

If healthy Manning will play in Indi guys.....if they let him go that should tell you something......I'm not going to cry if we get him as a free agent but first, I doubt we can make the room under the cap for what he'd cost and 2, we'd be starting all over again in 3 years if he last that long.....I don't want to spend all the picks to move up either so Flynn is my answer.

Ozzy rules!!

This!

Philbin won't tie his NFL head coaching career to a lemon. If he wants Flynn and actively pursues him that is the QB i want. He is probably going to be a free agent pickup so all it costs is whatever salary he commands. Manning and RG3 would be cost prohibitive with all the holes we have to fill on this team. Moore we already have, he can be our #2 QB.

Soliai,Langford,Merling, and Carey will walk. This alone is like 20 mil, plus if necessary Yeremiah Bell could be cut and give us another 5mil.

Cap won't be an issue in the acquisition of Peyton, but it will mean that Manning will be the only major acquisition, which isn't all bad because that will mean the Dolphins are building through the draft and it will insure significant comp picks in the 2013 draft.

Back
Top Bottom