Four options at QB...choose one | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Four options at QB...choose one

Four options at QB...choose one

• Total voters
I like going after Flynn and drafting a project in the 3rd round. First and second round need to be spent on RG, TE or OLB/DE. The QB draft class is thick and Philbin is supposedly a QB Whisperer........lets see what he can do!!

What if Philbin can rehabilitate Henne like Harbough/Smith...
That's a big IF. Even bigger than the "if Peyton is healthy" statement. Really don't see it happening. Are you in favor of that?

That's just such a big if for Peyton Manning. I love the guy, but three neck surgeries, you've gotta wonder if he can stay on the field. If the Dolphins do go the Manning route, then they have to still look for a young qb to groom. That's why I voted for Matt Flynn. If he's as good as he looks in brief outings then you are set for years.

Manning being "healthy" isn't the same thing as Manning being the Manning everybody wants to see in a Dolphins uniform. Get ready for the Dink & Dunk version... I don't see him ever regaining the velocity and accuracy that makes him special. And that's if he can play at all. He's still an older player even if he wasn't facing a career ending injury.

I went with Flynn because even if it doesn't work out, it only cost us Ross' money. (A cost of which he will undoubtedly pass on to the fans, of course.) The point being we still have our picks to continue building our team. We need help in a lot of places.

RGIII if he falls to within a few picks of us, maybe. Depends on the price.

Moore... I like him. If we can't come up with someone who can beat him out for the job fair & square, he should get to keep it. It's on us if we can't find someone who can do that.

2012 Dolphin Quarterbacks;
Flynn
Moore
Devlin

Keep Moore as the backup and develop Devlin. Draft a QB next year if the coaching staff doesn't see what they want in Devlin.

This would allow the team to concentrate on OLB, S, RT,TE, RB (type between bush and thomas) in FA and the Draft.

Manning being "healthy" isn't the same thing as Manning being the Manning everybody wants to see in a Dolphins uniform. Get ready for the Dink & Dunk version... I don't see him ever regaining the velocity and accuracy that makes him special. And that's if he can play at all. He's still an older player even if he wasn't facing a career ending injury.

I went with Flynn because even if it doesn't work out, it only cost us Ross' money. (A cost of which he will undoubtedly pass on to the fans, of course.) The point being we still have our picks to continue building our team. We need help in a lot of places.

RGIII if he falls to within a few picks of us, maybe. Depends on the price.

Moore... I like him. If we can't come up with someone who can beat him out for the job fair & square, he should get to keep it. It's on us if we can't find someone who can do that.
IMO, a dink & dunk version of Peyton Manning is better than 90% of the QB's in the league. His football IQ alone could will him through games. Again, "if" heatlhy what do we have to lose?

IMO, a dink & donk Peyton Manning is better than 90% of the QB's in the league. His football IQ alone could will him through games. Again "if" healthy what do we have to lose?

IMO, he'll never be good as new again. He may be healthy enough to play with limitations. The same argument used against Pennington would hold up here. Lack of arm strength can be "worked around" against lesser teams, but would be exposed against a more talented team like you'd meet in the playoffs.

I'll grant you Manning's understanding of the game is phenomenal, as was Marino's, but when they can't put the ball where they want/need to, they head off into the sunset.

2012 Dolphin Quarterbacks;
Flynn
Moore
Devlin

Keep Moore as the backup and develop Devlin. Draft a QB next year if the coaching staff doesn't see what they want in Devlin.

This would allow the team to concentrate on OLB, S, RT,TE, RB (type between bush and thomas) in FA and the Draft.

I tend to agree with this line of thought. Havent seen anything of Flynn bar the one game this year, but if he can do that with some talent around him, then he just might have the ability that we are after.

Moore should be kept around unless we get a trade offer - late 3 or early 4 perhaps. That scenario I could see happening if the top 4 qb's go by mid 2nd round. Should that happen, then Henne may be kept for another year, Devlin developed and we concentrate on a OLB, TE, WR, S with our 1st 2 or 3 rounds.

IMO, he'll never be good as new again. He may be healthy enough to play with limitations. The same argument used against Pennington would hold up here. Lack of arm strength can be "worked around" against lesser teams, but would be exposed against a more talented team like you'd meet in the playoffs.

I'll grant you Manning's understanding of the game is phenomenal, as was Marino's, but when they can't put the ball where they want/need to, they head off into the sunset.
No such thing as "good as new". Players age every single day, and get hurt throughout the season. Injuries occur, and whether a player requires surgery (even three neck surgeries) or not is beside the point. Point is, all athletes deal with physical pain and some can play through it. If Peyton is cleared to play football, yes theirs a chance he may be washed up. Yet, I'm willing to take the risk. Because if it's one thing I know for sure, Manning QB's are tough.

Peyton's neck is too big of a "?"

Selling the future to move up and get Bob Griffin's not going to make this franchise any better

Matt Flynn might cost some money, he knows Philbin's system

Matt Moore is the incumbent of a purple district.

I'd go with Flynn. Not so sure I'd count on Peyton's neck to heal, I'd want to watch him throw and get some clearance first. Dan was never the same after his neck injury in 99. He could still throw it, but it wasn't that spectacular (by his standards). I'd worry the same about Peyton.

Sign Flynn, bring back Moore, draft a QB, let the three of them duke it out.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Going on record to say to it's got to be Peyton...the way I see it, based on the way he has carried himself throughout his career the only way he will be willing to even come on board with the Dolphins is if 1) he likes the players, coaches and management he will be surrounded by 2) he feels comfortable with the system he will be playing in 3) he believes he can play at a level that is up to his standards

Peyton Manning has never come across as a Favre, so i can't see him continuing his career just for the sake of it...so if he is willing to come here...we'd be nuts not to take a chance on him...plus him coming here doesn't prevent us getting a young QB in to learn and be mentored by him

I am tired of waiting for this team to be a play off contender...get Peyton now!!! He will make us contenders the first time he suits up....look how good Indy did without him....some of you guys here are totally clueless. He has a ring, is a 3 time player of the year and future hall of famer. Look what Brett Favre did in Minnesota and he was 40 years old...Manning still has 3 real good years left in him.

Back
Top Bottom