Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go on record, who do you THINK we will draft?

who's it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The order I like:

1) Tua
2) Love
3) Herbert

the order I have a suspicion that Miami sees it

1a) Tua
1b) Herbert

3) Love

I believe the pick will be Tua at 3 or Herbert at 5.

Just curious but if we miss out on Tua, and the FO isn't a fan of picking at 5 one of the remaining QB's, the NT Derrick Brown would cause riots because WHY ? football reasoning appreciated..

You don't see the special talent ?
You don't see the need ?
You don't comprehend what he'd do for the whole friggin D ?

Funny before those 9 out of 10 fans start a riot they should take a class in football 101....

You think Godchaux, Jenkins (if still here), Sieler are the answer to opposing teams now attacking the center of the D, due to the obvious FA overhaual. We've upgraded our edge leaving the center more vulnerable and common sense says a special player not only able to hold down the middle but putting additional pressure on the QB which isn't easy to find in one guy being available. Probably making Wilkins more valuable too.

Have you actual ever seen this guy ? imagine:

He's a beast with a motor!

Everything we've done since Flores got here has led up to us getting our franchise QB this draft. The only way we don't pick a QB at 5 is if Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone by then. But I think it's most likely one of them will be there at 5. If Tua is there, we take him. If not, we take Herbert. If all 3 are gone by the time we pick at 5, then all bets are off.

TFK

Tua at 5.

I am starting to think Love at 26 is a possibility.......to another team looking to give up a 2021 1st and their second. (Indy?)

Well if you’re new to Finheaven then I get it. If not, you see how rabid the fan base (or at least this sect of it) is about getting a “Franchise qb”. If we pass on a qb for a DT then I just don’t see how the majority of this long suffering fan base doesn’t revolt in some way. No I don’t think they’ll riot but I do see interest declining even more.

My football reasoning parallels something JImmy Johnson said about Suh. He said you don’t devote that much of your cap to an interior position as the impact simply isn’t worth it. In this case it’s a high pick instead of cap space. There are certain positions that just don’t carry the weight of a top 5 pick. Dt is one of those positions. Finally, we just drafted a DT with our first pick, it’s not time to move on from him or upGrade when there’s equal value at positions of greater need for us. Sorry, I can see you’re a fan of Brown and he may und up being a Fletcher Cox or Chris Jones. However we’re going to have to agree to disagree here as I simply will never see the value at number 5 for us.

First of all I'm a fan of the Miami Dolphins, and want what Is best for them.
I see little to no actual reasoning or value in this case, behind your statement as to what Jimmy Johnson once said and that it pertains enough here to be even a consideration. JMO (Suh completely different)
And to say your reasoning parallels Jimmy Johnson is kind of stretching it a bit ( huge bit).
IMO I am totally opposed to your reasons JJ yadda yadda, DT&NT like Brown not worth a high pick, is just illogical IMO
We are not talking about Chris $$$ Jones here but a rookie $$$ scaled highly potential super star NT. I can clarify my logic but don't see the need.

I don't know what to say if you don't even see the need there. Obviously 2004 your not new to FH and Ive been on a Dolphin forum for over 20 years, was on the old Herald forum in the 90's similar to FH but less restrictive with Mods you rarely knew were there.
Truthfully I have written statements to explain the value but deleted them cause your view makes no sense to me either. Hey we just disagree which is fine but at minimum you should be able to see the value....

Everything we've done since Flores got here has led up to us getting our franchise QB this draft. The only way we don't pick a QB at 5 is if Burrow, Tua and Herbert are all gone by then. But I think it's most likely one of them will be there at 5. If Tua is there, we take him. If not, we take Herbert. If all 3 are gone by the time we pick at 5, then all bets are off.

TFK

Interesting point. The only thing I find actually very different and refreshing as hell, is that these new guys don't think out of the same box most of us in here do, so I wouldn't be surprised at pretty much whatever they do and at this stage be supportive no matter how different from what I'd thought.

I mean who had a clue of their approach, thinking and moves last year. These guys are showing another level not seen here since the mid and early Shula days and it's friggin wonderful...

First of all I'm a fan of the Miami Dolphins, and want what Is best for them.
I see little to no actual reasoning or value in this case, behind your statement as to what Jimmy Johnson once said and that it pertains enough here to be even a consideration. JMO (Suh completely different)
And to say your reasoning parallels Jimmy Johnson is kind of stretching it a bit ( huge bit).
IMO I am totally opposed to your reasons JJ yadda yadda, DT&NT like Brown not worth a high pick, is just illogical IMO
We are not talking about Chris $$$ Jones here but a rookie $$$ scaled highly potential super star NT. I can clarify my logic but don't see the need.

I don't know what to say if you don't even see the need there. Obviously 2004 your not new to FH and Ive been on a Dolphin forum for over 20 years, was on the old Herald forum in the 90's similar to FH but less restrictive with Mods you rarely knew were there.
Truthfully I have written statements to explain the value but deleted them cause your view makes no sense to me either. Hey we just disagree which is fine but at minimum you should be able to see the value....

Wow I doubt you could come up with a more condescending reply without violating the TOS. I’m sorry if I upset you with my post/views or if you’re having a rough day. I actually would love to see why you think a NT has top 5 value. I’m not dug in and am happy to discuss football and learn for others who are like minded. I have watched the tape and see a talented player, no doubt, perhaps even dominant. I just think his value lies outside the top 5 even 10. As a follow up question what are your thoughts on Kinlaw?

Interesting point. The only thing I find actually very different and refreshing as hell, is that these new guys don't think out of the same box most of us in here do, so I wouldn't be surprised at pretty much whatever they do and at this stage be supportive no matter how different from what I'd thought.

I mean who had a clue of their approach, thinking and moves last year. These guys are showing another level not seen here since the mid and early Shula days and it's friggin wonderful...

That's were I am. depending on the day of the week, I can see Miami taking Tua or Herbert at #5. I can see them taking Simmons, or trading down for an OT, then targeting Love. I can see an economical trade up. I have no idea. Although the OP didn't ask, I can see a surprise pick on day 1

been onboard with Brown for quite a while... not changing now.

I believe they will trade down and then draft Love or another QB that isn't even on the radar.
I agree.
James Morgan FIU.
Leadership, leadership, leadership. Intangibles, big arm. Lacks experience so he sits behind Fitzpatrick and learns. Can really load up on oline and other impact players in rounds 1 and 2.
And my question all along has been, and I really haven't gotten a good answer: What's the difference between Morgan and Herbert?
Herbert- bigger school. Supposedly introverted, lacks leadership. Big arm. Inconsistent accuracy.
Morgan: small school, big arm. Great personality, intangibles. Leader. Inconsistent accuracy due to footwork, but fixable. Most throws are fastballs, needs to adjust to making softer, touch throws. Fixable.
Those differences are things I have come across in my readings. I would love to hear arguments against him.

Last edited:
That's the plan... Or it should be. Even if Detroit trades back to 6 with chargers, we take Okudah, 3 lock down DBs with versatility while sticking it to Detroit.
Ha, THAT would be awesome; plus with X's injury history, it wouldn't altogether be a bad move. When X's contract is up, just extend Okudah and you are set at one CB position for 9-10 years.

I still think the team is all in on Tua. All of this stuff about them wanting to trade up for Burrow, Herbert being their target, and not seeming too interested in Tua is smoke and them trying to make the Chargers think they dont need to trade up for him.
I also think that Miami putting the burrow rumor out there that they might trade up is also a flex on the chargers, basically saying "we can go all the way to #1 if we want", the idea being that the chargers will take the trade up idea off their board out of fear that they can't win. Not a good idea to continue planning on something that doesn't seem to be possible, like outbidding the dolphins.

Just curious but if we miss out on Tua, and the FO isn't a fan of picking at 5 one of the remaining QB's, the NT Derrick Brown would cause riots because WHY ? football reasoning appreciated..

You don't see the special talent ?
You don't see the need ?
You don't comprehend what he'd do for the whole friggin D ?

Funny before those 9 out of 10 fans start a riot they should take a class in football 101....

You think Godchaux, Jenkins (if still here), Sieler are the answer to opposing teams now attacking the center of the D, due to the obvious FA overhaual. We've upgraded our edge leaving the center more vulnerable and common sense says a special player not only able to hold down the middle but putting additional pressure on the QB which isn't easy to find in one guy being available. Probably making Wilkins more valuable too.

Have you actual ever seen this guy ? imagine:

I watched a lot of college football this year, and Derrick Brown was a guy that wrecked offensive lines every time I watched him play.
If we aren't taking a QB at 5, I'd love to trade down a pick or two then grab Brown and 7 or 8. But I would have no problem with Brown.
Simmons is interesting, but he is a guy - I have read- you better have a specific plan for if you are taking him that high. If you are going to use him as a multi-functional chess piece and you have his role figured out, then OK to Simmons. If you want him at LB no way.

Back
Top Bottom