Go On The Record. Predict Our Record. | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go On The Record. Predict Our Record.

What will our regular season record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ask again after we play 4 or 5 games and have a more realistic idea of what this team really does on the field.

Sound strategy except that will disqualify you from the grand prize of a free "I told you guys" since this is the "go on the record" thread. Man i really hope by 4-5 games we have reason to be excited

I think it might be cool to have similar thread for tannehill's performance this year too, see who can predict that.

7-9. Not sure if Tannehill and/or Drake will make it through a 16 game season. If either one goes down we will be hurting on offense.

My record depends on if we can stick with the tempo on offense and health in the top 4 lbs.

Tannehill goes down its a wrap. The tempo they will scrap

Last edited by a moderator:
drdx8j.jpg

Hey CearPhin,

I hated it here too because I am from California. But, I live here now, have 2 great jobs (First Student - School Bus Driver and Billings Royals American Legion Baseball Team Bus Driver (Summer's Only). I am a Cancer Survivor and I believe Montana did that for me over the 9 years I have lived here. But my prediction was 10-6 in April. I am sticking to that. GO DOLPHINS!!! Win or Lose fan since 1982!!!

Legion baseball is fantastic!

6-10. But the beauty of today's NFL is that teams that should be 6-10 quite often go 10-6.

I've decided to vote for 10-6. I do feel I am being optimistic.

However, I have seen enough of some of our new acquisitions to believe that:

- Danny Amendola and Albert Wilson will be very productive for us and offset the loss of Landry's production.
- The OL is in better shape than it was when Gase got here.
- Ryan Tannehill looks fine.
- Minkah Fitzpatrick = future All-Pro.
- Robert Quinn is healthy and this defense suits him.
- Jason Sanders looks legit. I was very concerned about our kicking situation, but I'm really warming up to him. I think we got a good one. Don't choke, kid.
- I don't think Kenyan Drake is a fluke.
- Durham Smythe is going to quietly do what Dion Sims did for us in 2016, and I don't discount that one bit.

Of course, on the flip side, I am very concerned about our linebacker play, CB2, and Matt Burke. I am concerned about the OL depth.

But to me the most important thing is that Adam Gase proved to me again last season that he calls a HELL of a game. People get mad about the conservative play-calls in the preseason, and I agree that it's not fun to watch, but when the lights come on, Gase is a mean mother******. If he brings that again in 2018, the Miami Dolphins WILL be a playoff contender.

I hope I'm right.

I hope you're right too. Going the optimistic route with 9-7. Hope we have a fun season.

Concerned abour the defense but I think the offense will more than do its part.

For us to take advantage of the rookie QB situations we have to get a lead.

9-7. I think we'll start slow in terms of how good we'll look but because of some of our early opponents, we'll win a few ugly games in the beginning and get off to a surprisingly good start. The schedule gets tougher as the season goes on so I'm sure we'll drop some games in the second half. No matter how you slice it, Tannehill is coming having not played in over a year, so it'll probably take him some games until we really see him get start to flourish again in this offense. Similar to 2016... except this time he has a better team around him. I think the defense looks promising. A lot will hinge on the play of our young linebackers because I believe our pass rush and secondary is legit.

Kenyan Drake is going to become a name people around the league will soon start to respect and how good he plays early on will largely influence the kind of start we get off to. If we get off to a good start, I'm guessing it will play in large part to him. Once Tannehill gets rolling though I think our offense will be one of the more respectable ones in the league. Not a top 10 offense per say, but in the 11-14 range.

I'm more optimistic than I've been in a long time. And to be honest, a lot of my confidence comes from the fact that the AFC is a weak conference. Outside of the Patriots (we split with them once a year, getting swept is an outlier), Steelers (who Tannehill has a winning record against and their locker room issues will be force them to take a step back), and the Chargers (a team we play well more often than not)... the only team in the AFC I'm afraid of is the Ravens and thankfully they won't be harassing us this year in the regular season. All the other teams might have some really good parts here and there, but none of the other teams in the conference scare me at all.

I believe 9-7 will be enough to squeak by in the AFC to buy a wildcard.

I'd love for this to be the year the Patriots fall off a cliff. I mean it feels like it'll never happen as long as Brady and Belichick are there, but at some point the dynasty will crumble. They've had somewhat of an uncharacteristic offseason, so you never know. Not really making a prediction on this. Just hoping the football gods will provide us with some justice for once.

Back
Top Bottom