Jerry Schuplunski is going to NY | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerry Schuplunski is going to NY

When you have a head coach with an offensive system ala Andy Reid, Sean Payton, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Bruce Arians, Doug Pederson, and Frank Reich, you never have to worry about disrupting your offensive system if your coordinator walks out the door for another opportunity if you are successful because you already have your coordinator built into your head coach.
Yeah this is true. The main issue is what Dan Quinn did in Atlanta after he lost Shanahan. He took a prolific offense hired Sarkisian and let him install his own system. Instead of using an offense that allowed Matt Ryan to continue playing at an MVP level, he let some other guy run his system. It's on the coach to be accountable for making sure he keeps that stuff consistent

Ron Rivera, Bill belichick, John harbaugh, Mike Zimmer, Mike Tomlin all defensive minded coaches that have had success to just name a few. I'll let this play out before I jump to conclusions such a instant gratification world that we're living in. And I'm not meeting you by quoting that just reading through the 13 pages of this is exhausting.
I still prefer an offensive minded head coach. I've seen major drop-offs in production when great offensive coordinators leave an offense. Atlanta's offense hasn't been the same since Kyle Shanahan left as an example.

Did not mean to come across as self righteous or accusing...just a pet peeve for me
I have arthritis in my back and both knees. When we are staying in Colorado and the pain is bad I have no problem going and buying some legal marijuana to ease the pain. While it is something I don’t use often, it is certainly better than any over the counter medication I’ve taken and I have no desire to take any type of prescription pain killer.

As far as having a drink to ease the pain is concerned, I can’t stand the taste of any alcohol beverage.

I still prefer an offensive minded head coach. I've seen major drop-offs in production when great offensive leave an offense. Atlanta's offense hasn't been the same since Kyle Shanahan left as an example.
I can respect that, I just don't see how so many people on here can't get a little bit excited about the success that Flores has had. And it tends to bring the people that don't like him out in full force anytime we have a headline that we really truly don't have answers on, they speculate trying to deflect negative back to him. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on being excited about him because our past coaches have been so shity since Jimmy Johnson. But one thing I do know is that I watched every single game for the past 20 years I have the NFL ticket, and toward the end of the season I was actually excited to watch and see how the game's went.

Hey guys I now realize why we are making all these moves we really want Herbert next year. Last year we tanked the roster for Tua but forgot to tank the coaching staff. We are getting that issue corrected this year.

We had players jumping ship and now we have coaches jumping ship this smells very fishy actually downright something to be concerned about.

Don't want to agree just remember Gase. Scince he left it is very apparent that his ego got the better of him and now appears we may have the same issue again with Florres and this time with our purged roster we could be looking at another 4 years to field a 50 50 squad. I kid you not just what I was afraid of when we did this tank thing.

Coaching is now a popularity contest? :bobdole:

I have arthritis in my back and both knees. When we are staying in Colorado and the pain is bad I have no problem going and buying some legal marijuana to ease the pain. While it is something I don’t use often, it is certainly better than any over the counter medication I’ve taken and I have no desire to take any type of prescription pain killer.

As far as having a drink to ease the pain is concerned, I can’t stand the taste of any alcohol beverage.
enjoy your time in CO and it's great that there is a pain relief option without the nasty side effects of prescription drugs!

Somethings off with Flores. We all swept it under the rug and I don’t remember it being talked about much, but that whole situation w stills was insanely immature. Why would he intentionally try to get under anyone’s skin like that specially one of your guys.

Somethings off with Flores. We all swept it under the rug and I don’t remember it being talked about much, but that whole situation w stills was insanely immature. Why would he intentionally try to get under anyone’s skin like that specially one of your guys.

By "off" you mean different? Sure, I'll grant you that. The man demands excellence, while our past HC's did not. To this point, that trait seems to get results on the field. That makes me quite cool with it. It's admirable even? :ponder:

Last edited:

I think he was making a joke, and it wasn’t mean spirited at all. I also think it was kind of funny.

I like how people here try to convince themselves that they know anything that's actually going on within the Dolphins organization. Please do not try to feed me that "Flores is in over his head" or "These coaches are jumping ship"... you have absolutely 100% NOTHING to back up your speculations. One thing people should know is just let it play out before you yourself jump ship. There's a reason these guys are in the NFL and you're typing on a message board.

I just don't see how so many people on here can't get a little bit excited about the success that Flores has had.
I quoted you as an example of something that's being said by many others, this post isnt directed at you in specific.

While I agree there are alot of positive signs in Flores 1st season, the success part has yet to come. 5-11 is not success, sure you can take some positives to build around but I wouldnt call it success. 3 of those 5 wins were against very bad teams(one of which was actively trying to lose), while the other 2 were impressive. They also lost vs the Redskins.

Im not saying I think Flores is not good, but he's far from out of the woods yet so I can see how this massive staff change could at least make people nervous...

Back
Top Bottom