Lee Evans signs 4 year extension | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lee Evans signs 4 year extension

I'm not confusing anything, you're the one convinced wins and loses determine who's good and who isn't. Now you're changing your tune and seperating regular season and post season. The fact is the teams with the best offensive and defensive statistics combined with strength of schedule are how you determine the good teams from the bad teams. The Bills are 4-1 and the Dolphins are 2-2, but the Bills don't have a top 10 unit on either side of the ball and the Dolphins have a top 10 unit on both sides of the ball.

Also look how the Bills got their 4 wins, no division games played, no top 10 teams beat. The Bills barely hang on to win against 3 teams 2 of which have fired their HC's already and the Bills couldn't destroy teams that have been in the business of destroying themselves this year. The Only team the Bills have faced with a winning record is Arizona and they were just 500 when the Bills played them and they blew up the Bills.

You will make an argument out of anything that doesn't favor your team. Face it the Bills at 4-1 aren't as good as many 2-2 teams.

There is a huge difference in what your saying though. If some team beats a team head 2 head over and over again, then there is no question who the better team is.

And why do you keep trying to diminish the Bills 4-1 start? No one wins anything going 4-1. Let the season play out. If you really look at the Bills schedule, if they beat SD next week, they could go 1-5 in the division and still finish 10-6 or 9-7, its not a hard schedule at all. I'm not going to lie to you either, I will take it. The whole division has a weak schedule.

Also, strength of schedule is determined by the other teams win/loss record. Im just saying, so if you use strength of schedule then you are using wins and losses to determine how good a team is.

There is a huge difference in what your saying though. If some team beats a team head 2 head over and over again, then there is no question who the better team is.

You don't look at head to head matchups and say one team is better then the other simply because they win the head to head matchups. Look at Miami having a winning record over the Pats during the last decade, the Pats were clearly the better team but Miami just matched up well against them.

And why do you keep trying to diminish the Bills 4-1 start? No one wins anything going 4-1. Let the season play out. If you really look at the Bills schedule, if they beat SD next week, they could go 1-5 in the division and still finish 10-6 or 9-7, its not a hard schedule at all. I'm not going to lie to you either, I will take it. The whole division has a weak schedule.

Many reasons, the Bills have struggled and barely beatten some very bad teams. It took 4th qtr comebacks and the Bills to get into the spread offense and the defense to play prevent before Trent could move the offense. The Bills running game is none existent and their Defense is anything but scary. Also, when the Bills are winning, Bill fans come here and remind us they're team is winning so why does it bother you if I bring up how the the winng is hardly impressive? Am I lying? Am I making things up? Nope and nope!!! You really, really really need to learn to accept the fact that your team is not a great team and you also need to accept that others have their own opinions and are allowed to express them.

Also, strength of schedule is determined by the other teams win/loss record. Im just saying, so if you use strength of schedule then you are using wins and losses to determine how good a team is.

The scheduloes are determined by the previous seasons records not the season being played. If a Team goes 16-0 in 07 doesn't meant they won't finish 16-0 the next. So who cares how a team played the year before it has nothing to do with how a team is playing the following year.

You also love to act like wins are wins, well they're not. Sure if you get into the playoffs anything can happen, but that only matters if you actually get into the playoffs. It's far more critical that a team is playing well in the last qtr of the season then it is in the first qtr. So while I'm sure you're trhilled the Bills are 4-1, it won't mean squat if they don't make the playoffs and the playoffs are a long way's away. The Bills will have to play a whole lot better if they hope to have a chance at the playoffs, cause teams will not allow the Bills to come back every week.

You don't look at head to head matchups and say one team is better then the other simply because they win the head to head matchups. Look at Miami having a winning record over the Pats during the last decade, the Pats were clearly the better team but Miami just matched up well against them.

Many reasons, the Bills have struggled and barely beatten some very bad teams. It took 4th qtr comebacks and the Bills to get into the spread offense and the defense to play prevent before Trent could move the offense. The Bills running game is none existent and their Defense is anything but scary. Also, when the Bills are winning, Bill fans come here and remind us they're team is winning so why does it bother you if I bring up how the the winng is hardly impressive? Am I lying? Am I making things up? Nope and nope!!! You really, really really need to learn to accept the fact that your team is not a great team and you also need to accept that others have their own opinions and are allowed to express them.

The scheduloes are determined by the previous seasons records not the season being played. If a Team goes 16-0 in 07 doesn't meant they won't finish 16-0 the next. So who cares how a team played the year before it has nothing to do with how a team is playing the following year.

You also love to act like wins are wins, well they're not. Sure if you get into the playoffs anything can happen, but that only matters if you actually get into the playoffs. It's far more critical that a team is playing well in the last qtr of the season then it is in the first qtr. So while I'm sure you're trhilled the Bills are 4-1, it won't mean squat if they don't make the playoffs and the playoffs are a long way's away. The Bills will have to play a whole lot better if they hope to have a chance at the playoffs, cause teams will not allow the Bills to come back every week.

I believe wins are wins. It's all about getting in the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if any team from the Afc East made a run. Going through 1/4 of the season or 5 games doesn't make a team a contender. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. The Afc East was a garbage division last year. Right now I think it's the best in the AFC. I'd say the Bills and the Dolphins being competitive for the playoffs is dependant upon one player for each team. Ronnie Brown and Trent Edwards.

I think all the teams in the East are very close. The Bills beat who they had to beat but they've got 6/11 against division. I'll go as this far for the Bills. They and the Dolphins are on the rise while I believe the Pats and Jets have a window that's closing.

I believe wins are wins. It's all about getting in the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't be surprised if any team from the Afc East made a run. Going through 1/4 of the season or 5 games doesn't make a team a contender. Beat the teams you're supposed to beat. The Afc East was a garbage division last year. Right now I think it's the best in the AFC. I'd say the Bills and the Dolphins being competitive for the playoffs is dependant upon one player for each team. Ronnie Brown and Trent Edwards.

I think all the teams in the East are very close. The Bills beat who they had to beat but they've got 6/11 against division. I'll go as this far for the Bills. They and the Dolphins are on the rise while I believe the Pats and Jets have a window that's closing.

I disagree, the things that teams on the rise do, the Bills aren't doing. Maybe that changes by the end of the year, but as of right now, the Bills aren't doing what wins games consistently. I still believe they have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.

Or it just shows how bias or how little you pay attention the Professional football.

My dog is bigger than your dog!

Really though, if you say that Lee Evans isn't a #1 then it's a given that he is.

You should reread what you've posted about phin players and coaches in the past few years.

I'll promise you no one is beating Beck out of the starting job.

My dog is bigger than your dog!

Really though, if you say that Lee Evans isn't a #1 then it's a given that he is.

You should reread what you've posted about phin players and coaches in the past few years.

I'm sure I posted that about Beck before we signed Pennington. BTW, I really enjoy how much it bothers several of you Bill fans that I don't think your team is as good as you do. The best part about it is, your team makes it easy. Rather then getting upset with me for being honest about your team and their players, why don't you focus your anger on the owner GM and HC? After all it's their decisions that keep the Bills fans from being able to talk the trash they really desperately want to talk, not me. For every overrated opinion you can make about the Bills I can make two that prove the Bills just aren't what you think they are or want them to be, at least at this point in the season.

I'm sure I posted that about Beck before we signed Pennington. BTW, I really enjoy how much it bothers several of you Bill fans that I don't think your team is as good as you do. The best part about it is, your team makes it easy. Rather then getting upset with me for being honest about your team and their players, why don't you focus your anger on the owner GM and HC? After all it's their decisions that keep the Bills fans from being able to talk the trash they really desperately want to talk, not me. For every overrated opinion you can make about the Bills I can make two that prove the Bills just aren't what you think they are or want them to be, at least at this point in the season.

Here comes my same opinion as earlier in the season... 8-8 or 9-7. But I forgot that wins don't count to you unless it's Joey Harrington beating a team that goes 6-10.
Honestly Samphin, who cares who's fault it was? This was a win, that means we made less mistakes then good plays...

As far as Lee Evans (topic) He's the second most talented Wide Receiver in the AFC East.

And right now using your "stats override everything" theory Lee Evans is the 5th best receiver in the league and actually the best WR in the division! http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...3-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Wow I didn't realize how close the AFC East is right now, it's still up for grabs. And look at that, The Pats play San Diego this week. I don't care who wins because that doesn't matter, I just hope the Chargers don't let the Pats have the better stats because that's what really matters in the standings, to the players, the front office, the owners, the league and the fans.

I disagree, the things that teams on the rise do, the Bills aren't doing. Maybe that changes by the end of the year, but as of right now, the Bills aren't doing what wins games consistently. I still believe they have one of the worst coaching staffs in the league.

Yeah but who in the AFC is? I guess the Titans but i'm not buying anyteam with Kerry Collins. Denver lost to one of the worst offenses i've ever seen. Norv Turner is and always will be an awful head coach. Jax has looked terrible. Pittsburgh has a ton of injuries. Buffalo hasn't been able to run the ball. New England hasn't played anybody. The Jets haven't beaten anybody. Miami's played two decent teams and split with them.

Give it 3 weeks when the Jets are getting the love for beating 3 straight garbage teams. I don't believe in style points. Their is no BCS a win is a win.

Who knows if Buffalo is a good football team, but honestly, how many wins do you see out of their remaining schedule?

San Diego
@ Miami
NY Jets
@ New England
Cleveland
@ Kansas City
San Francisco
Miami
@ NY Jets
@ Denver
New England

Wow I didn't realize how close the AFC East is right now, it's still up for grabs. And look at that, The Pats play San Diego this week. I don't care who wins because that doesn't matter, I just hope the Chargers don't let the Pats have the better stats because that's what really matters in the standings, to the players, the front office, the owners, the league and the fans.

You can take the wins Bills got each of the last two season and I'll take Miami's wins each of the last two seasons and you know where the Bills got that the Dolphins didn't? Nowhere!!!! Your precious wins had your team watching the playoffs just like Miami's 1 win had them watching the playoffs. But wins matter!!!:rolleyes2: Like I've said a 1000 times wins only matter if you're a playoff team, if you're not a playoff team wins and loses mean nothing.

You can take the wins Bills got each of the last two season and I'll take Miami's wins each of the last two seasons and you know where the Bills got that the Dolphins didn't? Nowhere!!!! Your precious wins had your team watching the playoffs just like Miami's 1 win had them watching the playoffs. But wins matter!!!:rolleyes2: Like I've said a 1000 times wins only matter if you're a playoff team, if you're not a playoff team wins and loses mean nothing.
I give you props for being different, I never heard anyone say wins and loses don't matter.

Who knows if Buffalo is a good football team, but honestly, how many wins do you see out of their remaining schedule?

San Diego
@ Miami
NY Jets
@ New England
Cleveland
@ Kansas City
San Francisco
Miami
@ NY Jets
@ Denver
New England

W