MERGEDX1000: The official sky is falling and everyone sucks thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX1000: The official sky is falling and everyone sucks thread

You want me to explain why you made yet another Ireland bashing thread?

A. I haven't started a thread at all in a while, let alone an Ireland bashing one.
B. I'd like you to explain why you think I'm wrong. If you're tired of seeing Ireland threads that's one thing, but if you disagree with my opinions then you should try using your words.

Funny thing is that those bashing Ireland can only give a couple of examples of why they don't like him and instead immediately point to what has happened since he arrived in 2007 yet clearly will not give the man any pass for operating under the direction and THUMB of Bill Parcells. Yet when you ask them to point out what he has done wrong in the TWO drafts he conducted, two off-seasons that he conducted, and then show the facts of why he has had his back against the wall in those two years, they can't give you a reason. Instead, citing his Dez Bryant interview and riding on a plane to SF.

Here, read this instead. Feel free to give examples: http://phinphanatic.com/2012/09/01/dolphins-drafts-hard-to-excuse-but-warranted/

B. I'd like you to explain why you think I'm wrong. If you're tired of seeing Ireland threads that's one thing, but if you disagree with my opinions then you should try using your words.

I will just not today I'm really tired.

Hard to get into a draft rhythm with Parcells breathing down your neck for three years.

He also drafted for the "Tony Sparano style" of team. Our team now is the opposite of how it has been the past four years, scheme wise.

Coaches and scouts also have an impact on drafting players.

We have yet to see if it was Ireland that effected Sparano's fate, or if Sparano/Parcells were holding Ireland back.

But seriously, it must suck to keep on harping about the negative. It's like having a girlfriend with a nice rack and no ass. You'd probably bitch about her lack of an ass, failing to recognize that she's got a nice chest.

Boo! 1 star thread! Let's rally Ireland apologists! How dare our supreme leader face criticism. We don't want to rush into any rash judgments. You can't really tell how well a job someone is doing until they've put in a full decade. It's not like we have any positions of importance in this country that face crazy limits like 4 years. No, Ireland deserves more time.

You're not going to inspire any epiphanies with this kind of thread. Some people are just slower to realization. Things need to be so bad, so blatantly obvious that reality bashes their head against a rock until the truth finally starts to dawn on them.

Ireland took over as GM of this organization during the 07 off season. He has had 5 full off seasons and 4 full seasons to build a talented team ready to compete with at least the lower echelon playoff teams in this league, and he has failed miserably in his task. Anybody who thinks that we have a realistic shot at competing for a playoff spot this year is on crack, if Philbin wins 7 games with this roster he deserves to win coach of the year IMO.
Even when Ireland has taken a step forward in drafting or trading good players (Davis, Marshall) he took two steps backwards by shipping those players off at a discount price. We have most of the same issues that we had at the beginning of 08, and at some positions we are even worse off.
No receivers, no safeties, one pass rusher, serious questions on the offensive line, unproven and mediocre at QB... I don't think I need to go on.
Even if you want to be one of those mouth breathers who exonerates Ireland for everything that happened before 2010 because Parcells was still "in charge" then fine, but you can't have it both ways. If Ireland doesn't get any blame for Pat White, Chad Henne or drafting Vontae over Nicks and Matthews, then you can't give him any credit for Jake Long, Sean Smith, Davone Bess OR Cam Wake who all joined the team before 2010 when Ireland "took over". There are about 5-6 players grand total on this roster that can pass for a "good" starter or better, with Long and Wake being the only two who have a chance to be special.
As far as Tannehill goes, I am rooting for him big time but I was never a big fan of his and I doubt he ever becomes anything but above average. In fairness to him though, he's going to be almost impossible to evaluate this season because of the absolute level of abject ineptitude around him... Yet another free pass for Ireland I guess.
So please, somebody explain to me how this disaster of a roster ISN'T Ireland's fault... I'd just like to close by saying that Legendu Nanee is our #1 receiver, that is all.

I'm a lot more interested in what we're doing now than what happened 2 PLUS years ago. I think that Ireland now is much better than the "Pat White" version.

I'm not a huge Ireland fan but who is better out there that would come here? There is no reason to make a change without a significant upgrade because continuity is worth something in an organization.

Hard to get into a draft rhythm with Parcells breathing down your neck for three years.

He also drafted for the "Tony Sparano style" of team. Our team now is the opposite of how it has been the past four years, scheme wise.

Coaches and scouts also have an impact on drafting players.

We have yet to see if it was Ireland that effected Sparano's fate, or if Sparano/Parcells were holding Ireland back.

But seriously, it must suck to keep on harping about the negative. It's like having a girlfriend with a nice rack and no ass. You'd probably bitch about her lack of an ass, failing to recognize that she's got a nice chest.

I'd take her to the gym with me and make her do squats..

MODS: Can we just make one GIANT, Ireland Sucks thread? Sticky it whatever! If posters can get "infractions" for being "annoying" surely those that make the same thread over and over can get "infractions" under the same charge NO?

Funny thing is that those bashing Ireland can only give a couple of examples of why they don't like him and instead immediately point to what has happened since he arrived in 2007 yet clearly will not give the man any pass for operating under the direction and THUMB of Bill Parcells. Yet when you ask them to point out what he has done wrong in the TWO drafts he conducted, two off-seasons that he conducted, and then show the facts of why he has had his back against the wall in those two years, they can't give you a reason. Instead, citing his Dez Bryant interview and riding on a plane to SF.

Here, read this instead. Feel free to give examples: http://phinphanatic.com/2012/09/01/dolphins-drafts-hard-to-excuse-but-warranted/

First of all the 2 best players on this team (and really the only 2 on the roster who you could consider to be better than slightly above average) in Long and Wake came from the era when Ireland was "under the thumb" of Parcells, so I'm not sure how that speaks highly of Ireland. But you want me to tell you what Ireland has done wrong since '10? Gladly.
The 2010 draft was a joke. We could have stood pat or traded down less and wound up with Dez Bryant (moron but outrageous talent) and Aaron Hernandez. Instead we came out of that draft with Odrick (serviceable) Misi (blows) and John Jerry (Chris Farley) in the first three rounds. We would have been so much better off with Dez and Hernandez it isn't even funny, we have no one on offense with half of their playmaking ability, and John Jerry was a big fat waste of a pick. We also came out of that draft with Carrol, Edds and Reshad Jones who all suck Terrible draft, but I was happy with Dansby and Marshall in that same off season and you saw how Ireland shipped off possibly his best decision ever for a bag of practice balls.

2011 off season wasn't any better IMO. We traded for Bush which was fine I guess but we could have had Sproles for nothing and Sproles is a more reliable player. In the draft Ireland picked a C 15th overall so he'd better be ****ing good, traded up for DT in the 2nd who sucks, drafted Gates who is already off the team (lol) and picked up Clay who may end up being a nice player but he caught all of 16 passes last year. Everyone needs to relax with Charles Clay. We should have traded down and drafted Torrey Smith in'11, that's who I wanted. Hell we would have been better off taking Smith over Pouncey at 15. Oh, and Ireland also relied on Colombo to be the starting RT last year, which is just beyond pitiful. '11 was a terrible off season and the results damn well represented that on the field!

The 2012 off season was just an unmitigated disaster and to me this was probably Ireland's swan song. I wasn't totally opposed to the idea of trading Marshall, but to only get two thirds is a disgrace. Ireland's best plan to replace Marshall was apparently the Chad Johnson experience which was fun wasn't it? Vontae Davis is a good young corner and was an integral piece of a defense that was really our only hope of winning any games this year, and now he's gone. Another 2nd round pick is nice to have but I don't trust Ireland at all to use it properly. Outside of that, it's pretty hard to judge our draft picks yet, but I was never a Tannehill guy and now thanks to Ireland the kid has no weapons and precious little defensive support.
If we are going to completely blow up and rebuild like this, then we should see what we can get for Long and Dansby, because we now need as many picks as possible and a new GM asap. This team won't be making a playoff run for at least 2-3 years.

..... Legendu Nanee.

I just realize the OP has such an appropriate name~

Great post. Jeff Ireland has been "building" for 5 years and we are no better for it.

Back
Top Bottom