MERGEDX1000: The official sky is falling and everyone sucks thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGEDX1000: The official sky is falling and everyone sucks thread

The thing Ireland bashers don't get is the grass isn't greener on the other side!

The one thing Ireland bashers also don't get is every organization makes bad moves or moves that don't work out, but that never computes with them. They can only use the one great example from 31 other teams and believe our team should have made those same 31 moves and bash Ireland for not doing so.

The thing Ireland bashers don't get is the grass isn't greener on the other side!

The one thing Ireland bashers also don't get is every organization makes bad moves or moves that don't work out, but that never computes with them. They can only use the one great example from 31 other teams and believe our team should have made those same 31 moves and bash Ireland for not doing so.

We don't even have grass we have dirt, rocks, and an occasional acorn!

OH **** WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON. ALERT, ALERT, THE GREAT BILL BELICHICK HAD TO TRADE A 2015 DRAFT PICK TO ADD A RECEIVER TO THE ROSTER. WHAT THE **** WAS HE THINKING WAITING UNTIL FINAL CUTS TO ADD DEPTH TO HIS TEAM. AWW MAN..

The Patriots now have five receivers on their 53-man roster. Salas joins Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman and special-teams ace Matthew Slater.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/47193/josh-mcdaniels-reunites-with-wr-greg-salas

I can't believe anyone would take the time to write such a long winded post about Ireland.
We get it. There are some strong opinions pro and con. Time to move on

First of all the 2 best players on this team (and really the only 2 on the roster who you could consider to be better than slightly above average) in Long and Wake came from the era when Ireland was "under the thumb" of Parcells, so I'm not sure how that speaks highly of Ireland. But you want me to tell you what Ireland has done wrong since '10? Gladly.
The 2010 draft was a joke. We could have stood pat or traded down less and wound up with Dez Bryant (moron but outrageous talent) and Aaron Hernandez. Instead we came out of that draft with Odrick (serviceable) Misi (blows) and John Jerry (Chris Farley) in the first three rounds. We would have been so much better off with Dez and Hernandez it isn't even funny, we have no one on offense with half of their playmaking ability, and John Jerry was a big fat waste of a pick. We also came out of that draft with Carrol, Edds and Reshad Jones who all suck Terrible draft, but I was happy with Dansby and Marshall in that same off season and you saw how Ireland shipped off possibly his best decision ever for a bag of practice balls.

2011 off season wasn't any better IMO. We traded for Bush which was fine I guess but we could have had Sproles for nothing and Sproles is a more reliable player. In the draft Ireland picked a C 15th overall so he'd better be ****ing good, traded up for DT in the 2nd who sucks, drafted Gates who is already off the team (lol) and picked up Clay who may end up being a nice player but he caught all of 16 passes last year. Everyone needs to relax with Charles Clay. We should have traded down and drafted Torrey Smith in'11, that's who I wanted. Hell we would have been better off taking Smith over Pouncey at 15. Oh, and Ireland also relied on Colombo to be the starting RT last year, which is just beyond pitiful. '11 was a terrible off season and the results damn well represented that on the field!

The 2012 off season was just an unmitigated disaster and to me this was probably Ireland's swan song. I wasn't totally opposed to the idea of trading Marshall, but to only get two thirds is a disgrace. Ireland's best plan to replace Marshall was apparently the Chad Johnson experience which was fun wasn't it? Vontae Davis is a good young corner and was an integral piece of a defense that was really our only hope of winning any games this year, and now he's gone. Another 2nd round pick is nice to have but I don't trust Ireland at all to use it properly. Outside of that, it's pretty hard to judge our draft picks yet, but I was never a Tannehill guy and now thanks to Ireland the kid has no weapons and precious little defensive support.
If we are going to completely blow up and rebuild like this, then we should see what we can get for Long and Dansby, because we now need as many picks as possible and a new GM asap. This team won't be making a playoff run for at least 2-3 years.

..... Legendu Nanee.

I can see your point on most of your tirade but Dez Bryant?? really?? I dont care how obscenely talented the thug is he isnt worth the headlines or headache. You expect Miami would have hired a security team to make sure this idiot didnt beat his mother, or anyone else to death? Dez Bryant + South Beach is a big mistake.

Funny thing is that those bashing Ireland can only give a couple of examples of why they don't like him and instead immediately point to what has happened since he arrived in 2007 yet clearly will not give the man any pass for operating under the direction and THUMB of Bill Parcells. Yet when you ask them to point out what he has done wrong in the TWO drafts he conducted, two off-seasons that he conducted, and then show the facts of why he has had his back against the wall in those two years, they can't give you a reason. Instead, citing his Dez Bryant interview and riding on a plane to SF.

Here, read this instead. Feel free to give examples: http://phinphanatic.com/2012/09/01/dolphins-drafts-hard-to-excuse-but-warranted/

Im just gonna assume you havent looked at our roster lately. Lets assume Ireland WAS under Parcell's thumb. What has Ireland done the last two years that inspire confidence?

OH **** WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON. ALERT, ALERT, THE GREAT BILL BELICHICK HAD TO TRADE A 2015 DRAFT PICK TO ADD A RECEIVER TO THE ROSTER. WHAT THE **** WAS HE THINKING WAITING UNTIL FINAL CUTS TO ADD DEPTH TO HIS TEAM. AWW MAN..

The Patriots now have five receivers on their 53-man roster. Salas joins Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Julian Edelman and special-teams ace Matthew Slater.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/47193/josh-mcdaniels-reunites-with-wr-greg-salas

The day we only need to worry about depth in the most important positions will be a great day.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Im just gonna assume you havent looked at our roster lately. Lets assume Ireland WAS under Parcell's thumb. What has Ireland done the last two years that inspire confidence?

Well he hasn't dug through the Cowboy's trash can this off season so far! That is a plus NO?

fired tony. released gates, wallace, and other wastes of time. I'm actually encouraged that this coaching staff knows what they want, and what they don't.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Well he hasn't dug through the Cowboy's trash can this off season so far! That is a plus NO?
well, I'd be more encouraged if we were pilfering green bay's trash. sadly we haven't yet. :(

If you have had one winning season since 05, then yes, the grass is greener on the other side. Im not sure why it doesnt compute with a lot of people here, but we really have not been good now for at least 10 years. How the **** could the grass be deader?

Yes, other organizations make bad moves at times, but they make good moves too and put great players on their roster. Look at ours and tell me where the great moves are. Cam Wake is about the only one and apparently Ireland was only a gopher back then anyway.

fired tony. released gates, wallace, and other wastes of time. I'm actually encouraged that this coaching staff knows what they want, and what they don't.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

well, I'd be more encouraged if we were pilfering green bay's trash. sadly we haven't yet. :(

He drafted Gates last offseason.

Baby steps! I am not worried I am not a big believer that because James was semi productive with Green Bay we should go after him. Easy to look good with Rodgers throwing to you while Jennings, Nelson, Driver, and their stable of TEs are on the field. Not sure how Ireland gets credit for canning Meatball though? Pretty sure that goes to Ross!

it all comes down to the QB.

how many gm's and draft picks have come through NE? Its all about Brady. Its all about Manning's. Its all about Rogers. got it?

We got Tannehill. You dont like it? tough, its what we got. Lets see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom