Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry

I wonder if the locker room issues are actually something. I wrote them off before but maybe it has an effect
This is what I have been thinking all along. It's not about the money anymore. Landry doesn't want to be here or Gase doesn't want him here, could be both. I just believe there is a broken marriage that can't be fixed.

What is the max you'd pay Landry?

Not more than the tag, which is like 15.8 million.

Use it as leverage to work out something in the 14 range with some “we love you juice” guaranteed money.

Done deal. Helps us lower that cap number and Juice gets paid.

If Julio Jones were to sign a deal today, hed be getting 20 mil plus.

Also Vernons production wasnt in the same league as Landrys is for us.

Really? How do you compare Vernons production at his position relative to Landry at his position? Moreover, exactly how much more productive is Landry? What assessment tool are you using for determining that?

O.V. had more sacks in most of his time here than Landry has TDs. What do you think of that?

Hell, O.V. may have had more tackles than Landry has 1st downs.

13 million was more than fair. He and his agent are being unrealistic.
While there are teams interested in trading for Landry, they are certainly not banging on the door to get him. If he was under contract for 10-11 million, and the phins were committed to moving on, there would have been a trade agreement already in place.
His demands are the reason why his status remains in limbo

Continue reading @

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...ot-eyes-jarvis-landry/a4rBF09XlxLMxIeVtotoVN/

Really good article by Dave George.

Whether you want Landry here or not, if the reason is just a couple million AAV, considering other moves, this organization’s thought process just doesn’t make any sense and really doesn’t seem to have a clue on what they are doing from a personnel perspective.

5 star post of the day! I couldn't agree more! When you hit on the draft and produce an A+ pick like we did with Landry....you cannot, absolutely cannot, as a team let that kind of talent walk just as he is entering the prime of his career. I don't care about any of his metrics, 40 times, none of that crap....Watch that kid on the field and do what he does for this team and tell me he isn't worth the money! We need more players like Landry not less. 100% max effort every play. A lot of you like to say well, he can't do this or he can't do that or make excuses for his numbers...well, that's crap and he did it with Jay F'in Cutler and Matt Moore! Not to mention he does a lot of things other receivers do not do. Have you seen a more physical and intense WR in the league? If so, not too damn many. Yea, his emotions get the best of him at times, but I take that all day, everyday! I want players who play with that kind of intensity and emotion and look like they love the game and will put everything they have into it. The problem shouldn't be paying Jarvis Landry...the problem is the big contracts this team has given to mediocre FA talent we have signed.

I'm not mad the Dolphins won't budge off of $13m they offered to pay Landry. It's a more than fair number, other teams have reportedly valued him in the $10m range.

I'm more upset that we even allow these situations to get to this point. The resentment, the inability to foresee a need to offer an extension in advance. We could have signed him for the $13m per year we are offering him now, and that's where the issue lies.

Reactions: BSQ
Just give Landry 12.5 and let's wrap this up already.

This is what I have been thinking all along. It's not about the money anymore. Landry doesn't want to be here or Gase doesn't want him here, could be both. I just believe there is a broken marriage that can't be fixed.
I've being agreeing with you more and more as of late.

Really? How do you compare Vernons production at his position relative to Landry at his position? Moreover, exactly how much more productive is Landry? What assessment tool are you using for determining that?

O.V. had more sacks in most of his time here than Landry has TDs. What do you think of that?

Hell, O.V. may have had more tackles than Landry has 1st downs.

Its of course subjective to some degree, but comparing TDs and sacks is obviously ridiculous. I think a fair method is to compare their stats to other players of the same position...Landrys stats are far better relative to other WRs in the league than OVs were compared to other DEs by just about every measure possible.

Back
Top Bottom