Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins will regret trusting wallet, not eyes, on Jarvis Landry

I'm so sick of this argument I could vomit. Decide on him already so fans can move on. We can go 6 and 10 just as easily without him.

I agree with some that it should have never gotten this far but come on. Landry show boating on almost every catch is a little tiresome plus he is not a Jerry Rice type. I'm sure if Gase wanted him on the team he would be be look at the league people. So called number one, high priced receivers have not won a SB lately.

Wow, with so many thinking the FO sucks and will continue past mistakes why do you even bother to stay fans of this team? Become a Pats fan and be happy instead of living in continual anger for what’s happened in the past.

Landry was called out. Landry has been offered fair contract extensions. This has been going on for a long time.

Maybe he doesn’t think he needs to read the playbook or watch film on his off time. Maybe he thinks he has a better idea of what routes to run than the coach does. Maybe he is why Tanny has to lock onto a receiver and wait until he makes his cut. Maybe he is why we throw a few yards short of the sticks.

Maybe he is closer to Jay. Great looking on the field to fans but a real problem behind the scenes. Gase told us straight up, we have guys that won’t study and won’t follow the called plays, and fans will be upset when they are cut.

Only time will tell but I think we are better without Jay despite his heart, effort, and production. Let’s trust that it will be the same with Landry.

I think the point is, if Gase wanted him - they’d find a way to make it work. Just like JA, Gase did and does not want him.

Can only ‘hope’ that Gase learned his lesson last year about players. Particularly those that he brought in based on the past ... hoping to rekindle past performance.

Quinn could be a repeat, but I don’t think that was Gase ... would guess that would be Burke and the new DL coach going all in on the DL this year!

I would also not be surprised at all to see our #11 go to the Defense as well ... DL, LB, or S. That is where your difference makers are in the Top 10 are this year .... and I don’t see us grabbing a QB in RD 1 unless we trade back. And please no Mayfield .....

I am glad to see the opposite side of the argument presented. The Dolphins have so much propaganda out there convincing fans that Landry is priced out. They use Armando as their tool. The same Armando who is pushing the let Landry go thesis is also the same guy who banged the table irrationally for Mike Wallace. How did that work out?

The reality is the delta in what Landry wants over what the Dolphins wish to pay won't ever make a damn bit of a difference to anything. It's negligible, yet fans have been convinced it's prudent and are on board. That's classic propaganda. The Dolphins have misplayed another player, this time their best draft pick over a long period.

There is all this talk about letting James go, letting Suh go, Tannehill. Whatever.

I don't think the Dolphins become a winner until they become a coherent team, a team that builds up its roster with sophisticated, long range planning. You identify players in the draft that fit the type of team you want to be, and when the player produces, you re-sign him early and fairly. No one will get him at a better price than the team that brought him in.

You sign a guy like Suh for insane money. Ok, there must have been a plan there. Now, stick to the plan. You don't pay him for three years and then bail. You may not be able to keep every player you draft, but you can identify the keepers early. Landry should have been signed last year instead of, say, Alonso. Let's keep it real.

James was overdrafted. Maybe he's a guy you let walk. But, this franchise lets too many guys walk. It just goes on and on and on. You let guys go and now you're plugging leaks you already had fixed instead of narrowing the number of leaks. The Dolphins already had a ton of leaks before letting Landry and James go.

The hope here is that Miami can find a couple of receivers that are tough enough in the slot and can get 9 TD's between them and YAC. You couple them with an improvement at TE.

But, at the end of the day, when you play whack a mole every year with your needs, sustained success will always be elusive. If they couldn't envision James and Landry on a second contract, then don't draft them that high in the draft. I like Adam Gase. I like the upgrades to the staff. I think Grier can identify talent for the draft. But, the overall approach is flawed.

For those tired of the talk here, wait until Landry kicks ass someplace else. This place will be inconsolable unless we have a big, big winner here. Then, you will be really tired of the topic.

Over the past two seasons, Jarvis Landry has forced 48 missed tackles on pass plays -- most of any AFC receiver.

I agree with this article.

Not only is Landry ultra productive, but he's been durable. I've said all along that the team needs more players like him. Instead, Miami has a lot of high priced contracts for players who are injury prone.

I’d say it’s going to take the Dolphins another decade to draft a receiver as productive and durable over a 4 year period as Juice Landry was.

I love rooting for the Dolphins, but this organization, and the fans who consistently try to justify their poor decisions over and over, deserve the exact results that they get almost every year:

Mediocrity.
Couldn't agree more.

What irks me is everyone trying to pin the sins of the past with Gase. I think Gase knows Landry’s passion and commitment is special but his numbers just aren’t other worldly and can be replicated. Do you really give a WR who didn’t even break 1,000 yards in an era of passing a record breaking contract? The offense wasn’t flying high and mighty with him in the equation. So why not try another equation?

I am a little torn on this. On one hand I do think Landry is asking for too much. However, on the other, I am not sure how we are going to replace his production ( 9 TD's last year) and perhaps what I view a very important trait, " WANT TO". He just wants it more than the other guy. Conversely, if you look at Parker, he is just the opposite. He just doesn't seem to want anything. I still hope Parker comes around, but who would we rather on our team? Guys who have a strong will and the WANT TO that drives them to be more productive than others who are faster and more athletic? I would be hypocritical if I didn't say Landry. That's all I talk about. We need him and guys like him. We have to find a way to get it done. I hope we can compromise.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me how Jarvis Landy is being "unrealistic" in his demands? I see this same nonsense over and over.

It's been reported his reps want the same deal Davante Adams signed 4 years 58 million/14.5 MM annually.

How is that unrealistic based on his age & proven production? There is no argument to suggest it's "unrealistic", factoring in the rising of the cap. People who keep pushing that nonsense are so misinformed it's crazy. And for the love of god stop referencing deals like Juilo Jones that were signed 3 years ago. That cap has risen like 60 million since then.

There's a reason Odel Beckham reps have already put out there that they aren't settling for anything less than 20 million a season. They are factoring in that very salary cap rise.

Last edited:
But we are right to pay, hell overpay . . . Branch and Williams and Timmons and Alonso and others but get 4 strong years from a guy on Hall of Fame pace and scoff at a questionable overpayment?

It is blashphemy . . . .and yea maybe 2 wrongs don’t make a right . . . But at least with this potential “wrong” you know you are getting and that is pretty damn good production and your best offensive player . . . .and that is what the article is saying.

I don't even need to make a counter argument when you make it for me.

I am glad to see the opposite side of the argument presented. The Dolphins have so much propaganda out there convincing fans that Landry is priced out. They use Armando as their tool. The same Armando who is pushing the let Landry go thesis is also the same guy who banged the table irrationally for Mike Wallace. How did that work out?

The reality is the delta in what Landry wants over what the Dolphins wish to pay won't ever make a damn bit of a difference to anything. It's negligible, yet fans have been convinced it's prudent and are on board. That's classic propaganda. The Dolphins have misplayed another player, this time their best draft pick over a long period.

There is all this talk about letting James go, letting Suh go, Tannehill. Whatever.

I don't think the Dolphins become a winner until they become a coherent team, a team that builds up its roster with sophisticated, long range planning. You identify players in the draft that fit the type of team you want to be, and when the player produces, you re-sign him early and fairly. No one will get him at a better price than the team that brought him in.

You sign a guy like Suh for insane money. Ok, there must have been a plan there. Now, stick to the plan. You don't pay him for three years and then bail. You may not be able to keep every player you draft, but you can identify the keepers early. Landry should have been signed last year instead of, say, Alonso. Let's keep it real.

James was overdrafted. Maybe he's a guy you let walk. But, this franchise lets too many guys walk. It just goes on and on and on. You let guys go and now you're plugging leaks you already had fixed instead of narrowing the number of leaks. The Dolphins already had a ton of leaks before letting Landry and James go.

The hope here is that Miami can find a couple of receivers that are tough enough in the slot and can get 9 TD's between them and YAC. You couple them with an improvement at TE.

But, at the end of the day, when you play whack a mole every year with your needs, sustained success will always be elusive. If they couldn't envision James and Landry on a second contract, then don't draft them that high in the draft. I like Adam Gase. I like the upgrades to the staff. I think Grier can identify talent for the draft. But, the overall approach is flawed.

For those tired of the talk here, wait until Landry kicks *** someplace else. This place will be inconsolable unless we have a big, big winner here. Then, you will be really tired of the topic.

Great Post!!!! Agree 100%!

Back
Top Bottom