NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL network 8 out of 10 have us losing

It’s funny to me reading the Mac Jones hate by Dolphins fans!

Why don’t you see him being successful in the NFL…? He tore it up at Alabama leading them bell to bell to a championship.

He has by all reports looked outstanding in the Patriots system so far!

You think it’s rational to pigeon hole this guy as Daniel Jones? Why?
I see a specific skill set in Jones. He is very accurate with a clean pocket (which BTW is a strong indicator of NFL success) and he's very good in the play action game. That's a big part of what NE's offense will be this year and a big reason why Jones won the QB competition this preseason. But he struggles when made to move and throw off rhythm. He's also a rookie in his first regular season game playing against a defense that confused many more experienced QBs last season and may be even better this year. Further his receiving targets are not very good. While I suspect that Perry would have been inactive week 1 if Miami had kept him, I see it as a good chance that he may be active and play a significant role for NE against us.

It will come down to how well NE can run and give Jones a clean pocket. If they do that well, then it will be a close game and a toss up. If they can't then I could see Jones looking like Goff or Garopollo did against us last season.

who knows ..I see this game as toss up. I am shocked so many people think this is going to be a win. Honestly the afc is going to be a dog fight for playoffs. Pats will run the ball and we struggle to stop running. Then we will blitz and they will run boot legs with playaction to the tight end like denver did. I will be really happy if we win. I don't feel good about it now.
Same. Been beaten down by the Pats in Foxboro for too many years to believe this is an easy win. They will pound the ball and throw a lot of short quick passes to protect Jones. Can we stop the run? Can we get pressure on Jones against that Oline? We shall see. I wish I had the level of confidence I am seeing from fans on here. Set low expectations then be pleasantly surprised.

The thing to remember is under Belichick, the Patriots are always very well coached, and prepared, no game against the Patriots (Especially in NE), is going to ever be a gimme.

Jones is also a potentially good talent, so Belichick will have something to work with.

For us, we have a very well prepared and talented team that does not beat themselves (To a Belichick coached team...That's Cryptinite).

Miami's defense tends to have more issues with mobile QBs, so having a QB that will challenge our secondary with little to no chance of taking off actually works perfectly to what our defense does best, so if Mac attempts to challenge our Secondary, it might be a long day.

Expecting a lot of short passes with extreme amounts of running at us...that will help us, with the way our LBs have been playing, long drives will be tough to continue, add to that, Miami Offense is going to have a good chance of striking fast and often with all the speed we have.

This game right off the bat, is going to be a huge measuring stick on what types of players both Tua and Jones could be, or already are.

Last edited:
Same. Been beaten down by the Pats in Foxboro for too many years to believe this is an easy win. They will pound the ball and throw a lot of short quick passes to protect Jones. Can we stop the run? Can we get pressure on Jones against that Oline? We shall see. I wish I had the level of confidence I am seeing from fans on here. Set low expectations then be pleasantly surprised.
This needs to be your mindset... History says the Zebra force will do everything in their considerable power to help Krafts team win, especially at home.
Wait and see but no shocker if it goes completely off rails

he was not good last year, but he kicked our a$$ in that first game.

15 rushes for 75 yards and 2 TD.

VERY glad he is not starting against us.
There was zero offseason. We didnt get to see any preseason on them. Their game plan was better. **** the 1-15 Jags beat the playoff Colts week 1....

There was zero offseason. We didnt get to see any preseason on them. Their game plan was better. **** the 1-15 Jags beat the playoff Colts week 1....
Still needed to stop him running all over the place.

And not throw 3 picks and zero TDs.

“I think we win too, but you’re all morons for thinking we’ll win!”
Chris Pratt What GIF

It's a name brand thing, people still see "New England" and think elite, they see "Miami" and associate them with laughingstock. Miami still got more work to do to get fully cleanse themselves of that stigma.
Yup, it’s gonna take us at least 5 years of consistent playoff contention and maybe a Super Bowl win a along the way to get rid of that stigma.

Yup, it’s gonna take us at least 5 years of consistent playoff contention and maybe a Super Bowl win a along the way to get rid of that stigma.
They will give the Pats the edge until BB retires. That is the directive from their NE media overlords.

Miami has to prove itself. At the same time, so does New England. They are a different team without Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom