OFFENSIVE LINE IS OUR #1 WEAKNESS | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OFFENSIVE LINE IS OUR #1 WEAKNESS

Guess somebody watched Reason from Phinside rant about this...

Always watch Reason. He's the most informative guy out there for us fans to listen to and ponder. Was in the head scratching camp on all our kids playing on the OL before and Reason was reinforcing a belief already there. Bringing along even more credible insight than all the BS reasoning in here.

Who in their right mind is going to have potentially an OL of 90 to 100% inexperience players. You don't have to be a Rocket scientist to get that. Deiter possibly starting C with what NO nfl experience of playing the position the QB of the OL. Hunt going into his second year doing what, Playing or you can say learning to play RG something he's rarely or nevers done in the nfl.

Want the Dolphins of old I remember watching and the way the OL is playing out an adding what our FA's pickups (Flowers, Karras, Skura and Fluker ) leaves just to much to be desired in my mind.

Hey it may all work out in the end but then again Hell may freeze over.

We have over invested into the offensive line. We have back ups who ate 3rd round picks, we have brought in several vets who have been starters for several years.

How can anyone in their right mind believe that we haven't invested into the offensive line? I mean seriously? LT Jackson (1st round pick) LG Kindley (trade up in 4th round) C Skura Free Agency (several year starter for playoff Raven team, best running game in nfl) RG Hunt (2nd round Pick) RT Eichenberg (traded up for in 2nd round) Depth, Jesse Davis solid veteran depth on 3 year 15M dollar contract, DJ Fluker starter from Ravens, Deiter (3rd round pick)

Seriously, how is that not investing? That could be over investing. I am excited about our oline, I don't believe they need anymore investment they need to grow and get experience together. The talent is there, now they need to gel, communicate effectively, and improve in individual pass blocking which comes from game experience.

This is the deepest and most talented team I've seen since Jimmy was drafting for us. We have starters, depth at every position group across the team, and some positions have potential players at back end of bench.

I dont know what to tell you other than wake up from your reoccurring nightmare, the sky isn't falling, it IS okay to have a team set for a long time with starters depth and potential.

I think, as usual, our weakest position group, are delusional fans with telescope eyes and chicken little syndrome. I'm just saying....

Well, i agree with Vinny.

Based on who we drafted (irrespective of how many top picks we spent), how they played last year (irrespective of their age, injuries, short preseason), who we picked up this off-season....

there's a ton of grounds for optimism. There's a ton of reasons you can trot out why the oline is going to be great. There's a ton of latitude you can throw Grier and the brains trust, plus you can absolve him of all the prior screwups with oline personnel (rightly or wrongly)...

But none of that changes the fact that Miami's oline hasn't been very good. Jackson's favourite gear is reverse and i see it taking him one or two more seasons to be strong and savvy enough to be a LT, Kindley is a big man but has very unsophisticated footwork at best and is unlikely to be a very good pulling guard from the left, Skura i actually think was a canny pick, Hunt should be a better guard than tackle but he wasn't a great tackle and also has heavy feet and Eich looks an OK pick who has a chance of being solid but not spectacular.

Behind them there's some decent depth with Fluker, Davis and maybe even Dieter is ok.

It's not an awe-inspiring group. Some of their flaws look kind of engrained, at least in the short term. I can see us just about managing, but never being fully comfortable behind those guys.

Time will tell and i believe that time will take us to 2022 sat least.

Oddly enough the one guy that makes me feel more comfortable about this oline than I have in quite some time is the one we all hope will never see the field. Eichenberg will be given every chance to lock down that tackle spot and Kindley will as well at guard but Jesse Davis is still there lurking, ready to step in if anyone falters. He provides this baseline competence that is very comforting.

We've all seen glimpses of dominance from Hunt, Kindley and Jackson to go along with more than their fair share of missteps. As a fan all you can really do is grasp onto those little glimpses and hope that becomes the norm. All we can know for certain is that they're young, full of potential, and have many millions of reasons to put in the work.

I saw a video a guy made yesterday, basically pointing out half a dozen reasons why Austin Jackson sucks as a LT.

Its got me kinda worried.

Oline has to be better or forget playoffs.
Let me guess... was it Jackson Krueger Sports? If so, notice how every play was from the Broncos game. By far Jackson's worst game.

He gave up 2 of his 4 sacks on the season that game, in addition to 2 more pressures than he had in any other game.

How do u call what ur doing a film study when you only choose film from a player's worst game? Highly doubt his Herbert film study is exclusively film from the Pats game.

I have my own worries w Jackson and never wanted him at 18. But that Youtuber is a TB fan and seems to be involved in a one sided rivalry from everything I've seen that he's done on a Miami player.

In his Igbo breakdown, he criticizes him for being too slow 🙄

Let me guess... was it Jackson Krueger Sports? If so, notice how every play was from the Broncos game. By far Jackson's worst game.

He gave up 2 of his 4 sacks on the season that game, in addition to 2 more pressures than he had in any other game.

How do u call what ur doing a film study when you only choose film from a player's worst game? Highly doubt his Herbert film study is exclusively film from the Pats game.

I have my own worries w Jackson and never wanted him at 18. But that Youtuber is a TB fan and seems to be involved in a one sided rivalry from everything I've seen that he's done on a Miami player.

In his Igbo breakdown, he criticizes him for being too slow 🙄
It is also a game two weeks after he returned from injury. He was hobbled in that game, and at that time of the season.

The problem that I have with these videos is they are the reverse of trying to analyze a prospect with their highlight videos.
The analyst tries to say that this one play means that this player is like this on the other 50 plays in today's game.
If a flaw shows up on one play during a game... or even a couple... it doesn't imply that it happens a lot, or even that the problem isn't correctable by good coaching... especially when the player is 21 years old.
Exactly!

Agreed O-line is a problem but with no offensive weapons the o-line is under constant attack. Stacked boxes and heavy pressure because we can't beat man to man coverage. Some speed on the field should help this year.
This is good point. I thought that last year. Teams blitz our line with no fear. That won’t happen as much this year. We got speed to beat that blitz. Our line was under constant attack because we couldn’t make teams pay. Now we can.

Agreed O-line is a problem but with no offensive weapons the o-line is under constant attack. Stacked boxes and heavy pressure because we can't beat man to man coverage. Some speed on the field should help this year.

Great point. In order for the offense to click on all cylinders, we needed talent at all aspects from OL to the skills positions, as they need to feed off of each other. Good defenses would key on the weakness or try to keep us one dimensional.

Pretty much every time I come in here it's, Tua this Tua that, did he wake up on the wrong side of bed, RB issues, do we need upgrade?, WR corp. of real play makers. Team better be improved over last year, Playoffs...." PLAYOFFS ??', Superbowl. Another defensive free agent ?

Wake up people.
Our biggest problem at this point that seems to go under the table but can possibly be the biggest weakness which if it doesn't turn around and successfully jump through a significant amount of hoops which again most are not even putting in discussions, We're Screwed again ! ( don't understand the lack of insight of this team for a legit OL for the last 20 years) were some beauties were there for the taking !!!!!!!!!!!

Its like people are expecting 3 of last years rookies who showed some ups and downs, to all take that significant step (all 3), New Rookie RT not even having a down in the NFL already there. Skura the Karras upgrade having old 2018 abilities or Dieter winning position, also never playing center (NFL)

H E L L O People. This could and IMO IS the #1 weakness of our 2021 Dolphins. AND if all the 1/2 doz.+ upgrades don't happen, the results realistically could be disasters. And the start of many again putting the blame on Tua....

Fans and public should be screaming at the top of their lungs to get the FO to make this upgrade and less dependent on so much improvement to appear by pretty much everyone on the OL.....

I know those truly aware of the realistic values a NFL team needs to be successful but for those who don't, it's not a long shot to tell you to be prepared for a shock.
Now it is true that all the essential improvements by all 5 OL can happen but truthfully no one including the FO should like the odds.

Yes Tua mention but this post is not about Tua so keep him out of it. It's about the Offensive line and will it be what we fantasize or reality is improving but still not much better than average this year.

Importance of OL lets ask possibly the best young QB, out there Mahones and how his OL weakness screwed his timing, play and success....

I agree with the need for an excellent OL

I feel your post went "slightly" overboard by calling it our number one weakness in 2021. We do not know how good or bad this OL will be, yet!

We have been giving the OL real improvement via the last two drafts and Free Agency. Last year without a preseason and our having a bunch of FA and rookie OL players and 2 QB's limited their development process.

This year we have again added players to the OL and this year we will have a preseason, along with what was learned last year in a 10-7 season. I'm proud to say I was one of the few fans who predicted last seasons W_L record correctly.

I feel the better question to ask is how good will our OL be this year?

I expect it will be good, in that the running game will improve, largely because of the new OL play. I also anticipate that the passing game will be dazzling due to our receivers speed, and to an extent, the OL play. Tua being in his second year should also support improved overall offensive play.

My expectations of improved offensive play, largely due to our new and improved OL, should also allow our defense to play better by simply not being on the field as long.

We are going to be tough to beat this year.

I agree with the need for an excellent OL

I feel your post went "slightly" overboard by calling it our number one weakness in 2021. We do not know how good or bad this OL will be, yet!

We have been giving the OL real improvement via the last two drafts and Free Agency. Last year without a preseason and our having a bunch of FA and rookie OL players and 2 QB's limited their development process.

This year we have again added players to the OL and this year we will have a preseason, along with what was learned last year in a 10-7 season. I'm proud to say I was one of the few fans who predicted last seasons W_L record correctly.

I feel the better question to ask is how good will our OL be this year?

I expect it will be good, in that the running game will improve, largely because of the new OL play. I also anticipate that the passing game will be dazzling due to our receivers speed, and to an extent, the OL play. Tua being in his second year should also support improved overall offensive play.

My expectations of improved offensive play, largely due to our new and improved OL, should also allow our defense to play better by simply not being on the field as long.

We are going to be tough to beat this year.
Funny that you predicted 10-7 for last year's final 16 game season. I'm just messing with you bro, I know it's confusing all these 7's lately.....

After having Mr. Fistpumpfor3 seeing 7's are mind boggling 😆🤣

I know you meant 10-6, so Bravo 👏 to you for nailing it last year. But...10-7 isn't going to get us in this year, 10-7 is the new 9-7.

Back
Top Bottom