***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season*** | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official MLB Thread 2007 Season***

Pettite only went 4 innings. Its gonna be a long year for the pen if he can't go atleast 6 innings per start.. Will he be battling this back injury all year?

He was on a strict pitch count of around 80 pitches tonight. That is why he only went as long as he did.

Plus it was very cold and snowing they didn't want to overwork him in the 2nd game of the year.

He was on a strict pitch count of around 80 pitches tonight. That is why he only went as long as he did.

Plus it was very cold and snowing they didn't want to overwork him in the 2nd game of the year.

Yeah over working pitchers this early in the season is just stupid and does not make much sense.

I don't know what to expect from 4/5 of the White Sox pitchers when they pitch. Surprisingly I think Vazquez is the most predictable. He'll be very good for about 6 innings. After that he's just not very good. It's gotta be a rough time for pitchers. Killing a guy when it's 30 degrees would be a dumb move for any manager. Though bullpens are going to be getting overworked. I know some pitchers are going to be kept on a schedule but with so many games being cancelled it's going to be hard for any manager right now to keep a guy on a consistent schedule for the next couple weeks.

mariners have had 2 games in a row postponed, expect both games scheduled for tommorow to be postponed.....cleveland is expecting 1-2 inches of snow tommorow

That would be a nightmare for those 2 teams if those games got cancelled tomorrow. That's Seattle's only trip to Cleveland all year so it'll be almost impossible to make up all of those games this year.

MLB will push to get at least one of the games to be played. Also the umps in the game on Friday did a terrible job stopping the game in the 5th, one strike away from an official game.

If I were Cleveland I'd be beyond pissed at that.

That would be a nightmare for those 2 teams if those games got cancelled tomorrow. That's Seattle's only trip to Cleveland all year so it'll be almost impossible to make up all of those games this year.

MLB will push to get at least one of the games to be played. Also the umps in the game on Friday did a terrible job stopping the game in the 5th, one strike away from an official game.

If I were Cleveland I'd be beyond pissed at that.

It could and probably will be one of those situations where the games wont be played unless they are needed to decide a playoff situation. IMO

BAD??? Farnsworth, Bruney, and Myers pitched almost perfect innings.

Procter had a rough night. It's april, its snowing. I'm not gonna kill him . I never said they were gonna be perfect either. Jes :shakeno:

They lost this game because they committed 3 errors (for the 2nd game in a row). Not because of the pen

Lol. Relax! Just poking a little fun. :wink:

no ya weren't. You were just wrong.!! :lol:

Was I? Last time I checked, Proctor was a member of the bullpen, and the bullpen gave up 3 runs at critical times. Like you said it was a bad night and noone is perfect. In all seriousness, I really waas just poking fun.

Bullpen did the job today, though. And A-Rod iced it.:wink:

mariners have had 2 games in a row postponed, expect both games scheduled for tommorow to be postponed.....cleveland is expecting 1-2 inches of snow tommorow

Your lucky one of those games got cancelled just when it did because they were one strike away from a loss

It could and probably will be one of those situations where the games wont be played unless they are needed to decide a playoff situation. IMO

I don't think so. For instance, both the Indians and Mariners have the 16th and 30th of this month off. They'll probably make up all 3 games based on whenever both teams have the same day off.

they shoulda called the game before.....indian fans should be mad they didnt, victor martinez got hurt because of the snow....mike hargrove for manager of year:lol: :lol: im joking i hate the dude

I don't think so. For instance, both the Indians and Mariners have the 16th and 30th of this month off. They'll probably make up all 3 games based on whenever both teams have the same day off.

So you think they will fly them in for one game each time? Do they have games after those days? That seems very disruptive to both teams and I'm not sure I would do that. I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, but it seems like it could do more harm than good.

So you think they will fly them in for one game each time? Do they have games after those days? That seems very disruptive to both teams and I'm not sure I would do that. I'm not saying you are wrong or anything, but it seems like it could do more harm than good.
they could mean something for cleveland....and they are going to WANT to play seattle if they need to do it for the playoffs, believe that.

if the players union would agree they should shorten both teams all star breaks and have them play on one of the off days prior or after the all star game.

Back
Top Bottom