(POLL) Who would you pick with the #5 Pick? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

(POLL) Who would you pick with the #5 Pick?

Who do you pick with the Dolphins #5 Pick in the First Round of the Draft?

• Tua Tagovailoa

Votes: 348 72.8%
  • Justin Herbert

Votes: 35 7.3%
  • Derrick Brown

Votes: 17 3.6%
  • Jerry Jeudy

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Tristan Wirfs

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Jedrick Wills

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Isaiah Simmons

Votes: 36 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 30 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back and forth. For whatever reason, I'm not sold on Tua. I'm not even sure Miami should draft a QB this year. However, when I pretend that I'm the GM, I keep selecting DT Brown with my first pick. I would also draft both Epenesa and Weaver to make a powerful bookend defensive line. Team those three up with Wilkins and Miami's atrocious run defense becomes a force. I also think the pass rush would be greatly improved from the outside and inside.

I would then focus on OL and a RB. Something like: 1. Brown, 2. Epenesa, 3. Biadsz, 4. Weaver, 5. Etienne, 6. Trey Smith (if he comes out).

My thinking is, yes it is a passing league but you have to stop the run still because if you cannot then the opposition can do whatever they want. You have to make them one dimensional to help organize your defense and reduce the guessing.

Trade down if possible. The lots and lots of lineman/BPA.
Wow, I had not even thought of trading down.
I think I really like it. Multiple first round OL and still a first round QB. Then multiple DL in second round. Perfect.
I know everyone says Tua is a generational talent but AVN and chronic hip arthritis may be a real limiting start . As many holes as we have, I pass on Tua at 5.

Take your chance on Tua at 5, don't trade up. If he's gone, go BPA and make sure you get Jalen Hurts later on.

Namath was hurt most of the time at Bama...he had a pretty good NFL career...
Stabler(another lefty) did ok i guess...i'll refer to your wisdom,tho.
Lol. My point is proven. Alabama isn't a QB factory. You know could only name QBs from 40 to 50 years ago. And AJ McCarron is Alabama's passing leader. Not Tua. Tua is the SINGLE season passing leader but, he is not the Alabama passing leader.

Lol. My point is proven. Alabama isn't a QB factory. You know could only name QBs from 40 to 50 years ago. And AJ McCarron is Alabama's passing leader. Not Tua. Tua is the SINGLE season passing leader but, he is not the Alabama passing leader.
So..You can only draft QB's from schools that have had QB' s drafted before?...Is that what your saying...Tua willl not be any good in the NFL because he played at Bama...
Brilliant!!!!

So..You can only draft QB's from schools that have had QB' s drafted before?...Is that what your saying...Tua willl not be any good in the NFL because he played at Bama...
Brilliant!!!!
Lol. You completely missed the point. YOU brought up, incorrectly by the way, that Tua was Alabama's passing leader. I only made the correct point that that accomplishment wasn't all that great a feat. Being Alabama's passing leader, which Tua is not, is not saying much at all. Do you understand now? Obviously NOT "Brilliant!!!!". Lol

Name one school that has been a “qb factory” in the past decade. This is probably the worst argument I’ve seen on here besides the “he’s only good because of his WRs and team around him.”
If you can’t just single him out and watch just him on the team and how he plays the QB spot there’s some kind of bias against him other than how he plays QB.

Was actually thinking of a threesome
Burrows 5, Thomas 18, Simmons 27.
Be a hell of a start to a draft.
What is your reasoning that has Burrows available at 5?

I still go OL for picks 1 and 2. Glad to pick our best guess QB with pick 3.

Was actually thinking of a threesome
Burrows 5, Thomas 18, Simmons 27.
Be a hell of a start to a draft.

Simmons is going to be steal of the draft!! He's not going to last that long. I'm sure he a top 15 pick, but don't be surprised if he's in the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom