Pull the trigger on the Watson trade... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pull the trigger on the Watson trade...

šŸ¤£ This is comical and completely delusional. "Trading Tua for Watson straight up before the scandal broke was a bad trade for us" has to be the most ridicuous statement ive heard on this forum. No offense meant here, but seriously that is such a Tua fanboy statement without any knowledge of the NFL. Personally I think Tua will be ok, but to say he is better than Watson is just silly.
Because he said will be not 'is'.

I think the Texans knew that Watson liked to hire "masseuses" from Instagram and waited to spring this on him hoping that he will be off-limits. This will never go criminal because that would require an investigation and Watson will have the DA and the best defense lawyer in Texas turning over every rock. The connection will be found if that happens.

That said, the Texans are in a lose/lose situation...

The NFL investigates the claims and he's on paid leave. I think the estimate was that Watson will get about $12 million during that period.
  • He comes off suspension and is released. If that happens then the Texans are negative $12 million...no draft picks.
  • He plays and hands the ball off every down...ensuring that he will be benched and subsequently released.
  • The Texans will trade him for pennies on the dollar because teams know that there is no other way for them to leave this situation with no assets.
Bringing Will Fuller in as opposed to drafting Smith or Chase didn't seem a little odd to you? I mean, I know the narrative has recently switched to Pitts...but why and how did Smith and Chase move from front-page news?
If the reports are true that the Texans arenā€™t interested in Tua as their QB, Which I think is probably false. The Dolphins trading down to 6 would effectively end any trade possibilities. The top three and possibly top 4 QBā€™s will likely be off the board by the 6th pick. So the Texans would not have the opportunity to select a top QB in this years draft if they trade with the Dolphins unless they are willing to settle for the QB left over after the top 3 or 4 QBā€™s are already off the board.

Of course if I was the Texans I would be happy to trade for Tua and at least 3 first round picks over the next three years. Because I believe Tua will be as good as Watson within 2 years and getting those extra 3 first round picks would just be icing on the cake. As a Dolphin fan I donā€™t want to trade for Watson but if I was a Texans fan I would be happy to see Watson traded to the Dolphins as long as Tua was part of the trade package.

Watson probably won't be traded this off season. He likely won't play in 2021. If Tua sucks this season and Watson is cleared, then I can see us making a push for him next off season. From what I heard from Albert Breer on the radio this morning, he said every team that was interested in trading for Watson have all come to halt until these charges have been cleared. And a lot of teams have already shifted gears like the 49ers. He also said he believes that Watson will not play this season either because the investigation is going to take a while and Watson has already stated he will not play for Houston so even if he doesn't get suspended he most likely will sit out.

If the reports are true that the Texans arenā€™t interested in Tua as their QB, Which I think is probably false. The Dolphins trading down to 6 would effectively end any trade possibilities. The top three and possibly top 4 QBā€™s will likely be off the board by the 6th pick. So the Texans would not have the opportunity to select a top QB in this years draft if they trade with the Dolphins unless they are willing to settle for the QB left over after the top 3 or 4 QBā€™s are already off the board.

Of course if I was the Texans I would be happy to trade for Tua and at least 3 first round picks over the next three years. Because I believe Tua will be as good as Watson within 2 years and getting those extra 3 first round picks would just be icing on the cake. As a Dolphin fan I donā€™t want to trade for Watson but if I was a Texans fan I would be happy to see Watson traded to the Dolphins as long as Tua was part of the trade package.
That's the thing. The more this social media trial goes on, the less the Texans will be able to get...keeping in mind that Watson determines his destination, not the Texans.

The best thing for the Texans is for the league to find some egregious behavior by Watson that is bad enough to somehow void his contract.

This season is Tua's audition. He doesn't have time. He has to show he's a stud, or we're trading for one in Watson.

two more lawsuits just filed....weird people wanting a sexual predator.....but,you be you...

Not touching this dude. 7 lawsuits. Extremely dissapointed in this guys chatacter.
7 have quickly turned into 20! At what point do you finally admit where there's smoke there's fire?

šŸ¤£ This is comical and completely delusional. "Trading Tua for Watson straight up before the scandal broke was a bad trade for us" has to be the most ridicuous statement ive heard on this forum. No offense meant here, but seriously that is such a Tua fanboy statement without any knowledge of the NFL. Personally I think Tua will be ok, but to say he is better than Watson is just silly.
Not once has anyone claimed Tua is better than Watson.... even the post you quoted doesnā€™t mean that unless you squint really hard

Watson is facing 16 Civil suits...SIXTEEN!!!! These could turn in to Criminal suits at any time. This is going to take a long time to sort out, and then you have the NFL investigation. Anyone who trades for Watson and gives up anything more than a 3rd at this point is an idiot. It's like I like my car, but there is one I like a little better. I am going to trade my car in on that one, even though I may not be able to drive it for a year, or even longer. Also to note, this is not a mass suit. Each of these are their own each and individual case. Even if he is not guilty and makes a deal (most Civil suits don't go to court), the NFL will not like that and hit him anyways.

Watson is facing 16 Civil suits...SIXTEEN!!!! These could turn in to Criminal suits at any time. This is going to take a long time to sort out, and then you have the NFL investigation. Anyone who trades for Watson and gives up anything more than a 3rd at this point is an idiot. It's like I like my car, but there is one I like a little better. I am going to trade my car in on that one, even though I may not be able to drive it for a year, or even longer.
The fact that not a single one of these civil suits have turned criminal with the same publicity hungry attorney representing them all has to raise questions. If he really did what they are claiming are we being asked to believe that not a single person of the 16 involved reported this to the police?

Miami had the trades with the eagles in place for two weeks and the 9ers for three weeks. Before all the Waston stuff.

Despite all the madden GMs in here I feel like Miami was never in on Watson

The fact that not a single one of these civil suits have turned criminal with the same publicity hungry attorney representing them all has to raise questions. If he really did what they are claiming are we being asked to believe that not a single person of the 16 involved reported this to the police?
What I believe here is irrelevant. The facts are (do some research) is this happens more often than you think with no police reports filed. Also most of these cases are Civil in nature because it gives the prosecution more options and less burden of proof required. Also as I stated, most don't go to trial and are settled. That will be hard for Watson as he then faces the NFL in that decision.

Watson has always seemed like a class act to me and does a lot of community stuff. I hope the guy is innocent and if so, the prosecution and plaintiffs get their butts handed to them in spades. However, regardless of outcome, this is going to take a long time to sort out. Also 16 separate cases is a lot, and can't be ignored. ANYONE who might trade for him is taking a massive gamble.

Make that 19 cases.....not looking good at all

Back
Top Bottom