Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quarterbacks In The Draft: Who Are The Candidates?

I still want Stick in the 4th or maybe even 3rd. He is playing the championship game right now for NDSU and really looks good. I'm a big fan.

I still want Stick in the 4th or maybe even 3rd. He is playing the championship game right now for NDSU and really looks good. I'm a big fan.

If Stick is legit he’s going in the first round. There are no secrets.

The polite kid probably falls in that range top 15ish but man does he look light. Long and lean height will help carry weight but those shoulders as small as they are won’t. I think he’s a highly likely scrape the athlete if ask him to gain much weight guy.

He can’t be more than 235 on that frame either right now. Looks like a 34 wolb ideal fit.

Has a nice shoulder dip rush but runs by the qb a lot with it too. Still will test well.

Josh Allen is just another level provided he adds strength in his hands in the pros. That’s the only weakness that kid has. Someone will sprint that card up top 3.

I’m kinda hoping Murray picks football and falls to us to be honest. I don’t see anything that may fall to us that I think could be a difference maker more.

I don’t even see another off the los lb in the same ball park even as Devin white. If there is I haven’t seen it and point me in the right direction. Like I haven’t even seen another top 25 pick worthy one.

Great analysis on Polite, He has the deepest arsenal of pass rush moves of any DE in the draft, has coordinated feet to go along with suddenness to set up his long arm and cross/chop moves,That slight frame is definitely a negative, I wish I seen him convert speed to power more often and tho he has good bend you don't see him bending through contact (same with Brian Burns) If his arm length comes in at close to 34 inches like Demarcus Lawrence I'd feel better about that frame.

Josh Allen needs to have a great combine, his tape consist of nothing but a speed rush vs Tackles that will be future insurance agents,

To be fair devin bush had KJ hill and Paris Campbell who is one of the best RAC receivers we've seen in awhile running crossers at him.

Bush is definitely a 3 down guy, he's on the shorter side though. But I don't lump any of these guys in the same class as white, white is a class of his own this year.

He also got legit speed too

Well if he’s not in the same class as white there’s no point in talking top 15 with an off the los lb.

White has some stiffness in fluidity of movement which is why he’s a lot like a faster more explosive version of vontaze burfict.

And I saw bush unable to close at all on a wheel route to the back vs Ohio state. So it’s not just wr speed where I saw the red flag. Anyways will check it out

I think White is definitely more twitchy and has more straight line speed but Bush sideline to sideline speed actually looks better in my opinion, Bush at 5'11 225 is a negative and I don't think he's a plus carrying coverage which makes him 3 roundish.

I’m waiting until after the combine to profess my love.

He also got legit speed too

Oh believe me I'm aware, that and his misdirection make him the best RAC guy in the country.

I'll be very interested to see what kinda draft grade he gets. We're not 100% sure how well he can actually play WR (body positioning, setting the corner up) but once the ball is in his hands, he's gone. His route running looks pretty good to me, but he Didn't have a very extensive list of responsibilities either. Just needed to hit space and catch the ball, which he did

Yeah, QBs go sooooo high now if they show anything at all. He's playing in Shrine Game on a few weeks. It was a fun game. He finished his career with 49 wins. Most ever in the FCS (or whatever that level is called now).

Oh believe me I'm aware, that and his misdirection make him the best RAC guy in the country.

I'll be very interested to see what kinda draft grade he gets. We're not 100% sure how well he can actually play WR (body positioning, setting the corner up) but once the ball is in his hands, he's gone. His route running looks pretty good to me, but he Didn't have a very extensive list of responsibilities either. Just needed to hit space and catch the ball, which he did

Gase would draft him top 5 lol

I say draft a qb with 1st rounder and throw him directly into the fire. I’m a believer in the “it” factor that QBs either have or lack. If he shows flashes of greatness, build around him. If there’s any question, draft one again with a presumably higher pick in 2020.

Yeah I just posted something in the draft forum. Having watched all his snaps today, wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up in the first round. He's a high character kid too which will help his elevation.

There are several interesting QB’s in this draft...it’s funny to me how people hear that next years draft is graded as a better overall class...based on opinions...and decide that this years class is useless.

If I’ve learned anything about football in 48 years of watching it....you never know for sure on these prospects.

If the “experts” were perfect...you wouldn’t have Tom Brady’s going in the late rounds...Drew Brees falling to the 2nd round...Russell Wilson in the 3rd...Aaron Rodgers falling so far...Dan Marino being the 6th QB taken in draft....etc etc etc

It is Chris Grier’s job to find that guy in this draft...there is QB talent in this draft.

Hoping we get one the top guys next year is a pipe dream.

Also...every year it seems I hear this kind of talk...then the experts really scrutinize every prospect up close...workouts, combine, interviews...and the whole picture changes.

We all know about last years QB class...in 2017 Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson and Nick Mullens(undrafted)...2016 Wentz, Goff and Prescott...etc etc etc

We should be closely scouting Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray, Will Grier, Daniel Jones and Easton Stick in my opinion.

Last edited:
If Murray chooses football that’s tbe card I’d be turning in at 13.

That height and that nickel corner frame should help him come to you.

But if I got a whiff he was going in front of me at say 10 and the Broncos I’d move to 9 for him.

If I’m willing to take a qb at 13 I should be willing to pay the price to go to 9 to get him. Or even 5 really. Especially when I’m in doing so taking myself out of the 2020 qb lottery (which is what we’d be doing).

Back
Top Bottom