So... we kept Grier. Let's take a second look. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So... we kept Grier. Let's take a second look.

I loved when Grier drafted hunter long and gave us 7 TE on the roster. That was a great decision. The vision Grier brings is inspiring.
if youre going to nit pick it shouldnt be about that. i think all those TEs will be FAs this year. Give the kid a chance

The 2020 draft was like a kick in the balls

Let’s not have another look

I hope hunter long becomes great but there were more pressing needs.
3rd round is a developmental round anyways, plus do you really want to pay Gesicki 14M a year? God no. I'm fine with taking the 2nd TE on their board (he was the 2nd TE selected in the draft).

A proven commodity of a coach like Jim Harbaugh could take this roster and the cap space the team hopes to have pretty far.

I loved when Grier drafted hunter long and gave us 7 TE on the roster. That was a great decision. The vision Grier brings is inspiring.
I love it when grumpy posters don't understand that both Smythe and Gesicki are free agents this year and that Cethan Carter was signed only to play special teams.

I mentioned in my opening post that the Long drafting was a case of drafting a player that we didn't need yet... but if Gesicki or Smythe moves on, Long will get plenty of snaps next year. He's already moved past Shaheen, who was inactive most of the last half of the season.

Sometimes, you draft a player a year early... especially if he was BPA on your board.

I love it when grumpy posters don't understand that both Smythe and Gesicki are free agents this year and that Cethan Carter was signed only to play special teams.

I mentioned in my opening post that the Long drafting was a case of drafting a player that we didn't need yet... but if Gesicki or Smythe moves on, Long will get plenty of snaps next year. He's already moved past Shaheen, who was inactive most of the last half of the season.

Sometimes, you draft a player a year early... especially if he was BPA on your board.
He wasn’t BPA, spencer brown etc

If you’re expecting a 3rd round rookie to fill an immediate pressing need, I don’t think you understand how the draft works…
Depends on the position. Lots of guys drafted in that area make an impact. Unfortunately tight end is a position where guys regularly, but not always, struggle with the transition.

That’s why bills are Super Bowl contenders and we are not. Very simple.

Oh yea. Super simple. Except both our first rounders were better than their first rounder. Our 2nd rounder was so far above their 2nd rounder it’s not even funny.

But ya, them getting lucky in round 3 is the reason. Super simple.

Oh yea. Super simple. Except both our first rounders were better than their first rounder. Our 2nd rounder was so far above their 2nd rounder it’s not even funny.

But ya, them getting lucky in round 3 is the reason. Super simple.
Now your saying we are great at evaluating talent. 👌

The problem I've got with BPA is that's in the mind of the person doing the evaluation. For example, we once drafted Jordan Phillips in the second round even though we had acquired like 6 defensive linemen that offseason, including Suh AND his defensive tackle counterpart in Detroit, and then we ended up starting a UDFA at linebacker week one because we didn't sign or draft a single linebacker of note the whole offseason. Good thing we had a defensive tackle who was going to grow into an average player...after he got cut from the team for disciplinary reasons.

Back
Top Bottom