Sunday Ticket Price | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Ticket Price

We got our first installment bill for $54 last week. That's what prompted me to call. They took it off my bill.

They deducted my August payment on the 2nd for the normal amount. Hopefully it will stay at 0.00 for me and I wont have to call...

I used up any leverage I had by threatening to switch to Verizon if they didn't give me free DVR upgrades (on all 3 TVs) and multi room DVR service.

I think I'll just get pickled at bars this season.

50/month or 5/month?

$50

$15 per month courtesy credit plus free HD access per month ($10) plus $10 off sports pack per month plus $15 off per month for the 3 movie packs I had per month. That totals $50 off per month. I'm sure it helped I have had Directv for 10 years. I didn't even haggle that much either. I was nice and simply thanked them for the 10 years of service and told them I was moving on to take advantage of the competitors great deals for new customers. They initially wanted to give me $20 credit per month but I requested free sunday ticket and additional discounts to make it worth staying with them. They said no problem, we don't want to lose you after 10 years.

I got it for $33.99 a month with $5 dollars off my bill for 6 months. Is that good or should I call back and complain b/c I have been with them for nearly 3 years and before I paid much less. Whats your take on this? THe first time I called about a month ago the lowest they gave me was $49.99 from the $54 so i just hung up out of anger.

I got it for $33.99 a month with $5 dollars off my bill for 6 months. Is that good or should I call back and complain b/c I have been with them for nearly 3 years and before I paid much less. Whats your take on this? THe first time I called about a month ago the lowest they gave me was $49.99 from the $54 so i just hung up out of anger.

Call back using the instructions I provided at the top of the fourth page in this thread. And then enjoy your free Sunday ticket.

The closer you wait until the start of the season the cheaper it will be. I would suggest since the dolphins play on Monday night you should wait until the following weekend to call them up, you could probably get it reduced even more.

Called yesterday and got the $33.99 a month deal. Did better last year but will take this for 2011.

Call this number for DirecTV customer service: 1-888-777-2454.

When the voice system asks what you are calling about, say "Cancel Service".

This will transfer you to a Customer Retention Representative. BE NICE and say "I need to cancel my service."

The Retention Rep will ask you why. Say, "The ONLY reason I have DirectTV is so I can get Sunday Ticket. For what you are charging now, it would cost me less to watch my team at a sports bar. I don't watch enough regular TV to justify the cost of the service without Sunday Ticket, so I just need to cancel it."

The Retention Agent will likely apologize for making you sad and come back with something like, "Sir, I am authorized to offer you x."

If x is ANYTHING less than FREE Sunday Ticket, calmly say, "Well that's generous of you but I've been a loyal customer for years and the fact that you are GIVING SUNDAY TICKET to NEW customers FOR FREE means my loyalty is NOT being returned. So you can go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service, thank you."

At this point the agent will offer it to you for free just to keep you with Direct TV. It's their job.

Will this work if you're in the middle of a contract and have an early termination fee?

My wife called yesterday and got it for $160. They are allowing it to be paid in one lump sum instead of by monthly payments since it is a birthday present for me. She acted as if this wasn't enough since she was returning to school soon, and they gave her an extra $17 dollar reduction to our monthly bill. I believe she was connected to customer retention b/c she stated cancel service during the automated menu. I couldn't be happier with the deal she scored since we had to haggle with them forever last year just to get a decent price.

Will this work if you're in the middle of a contract and have an early termination fee?

I should think so. I mean, aren't we all in the middle of a contract with an early termination fee?

I just called and got the price down to $144.00 for the football package. Could have held out for more but Im at work and cant stay on phone too long.

If you want it on your computer give me a pm...............

I am in the middle of a contract as well and it hasn't worked for me. I am going to call again and try the method described by penthos, but last time i threatened to cancel they told my my termination fee would be close to $250 dollars. If anyone has had success and is mid contract please advise

Back
Top Bottom