Sunday Ticket Price | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sunday Ticket Price

called and complained about sunday ticket price. Have been a customer for about 5 years. They gave me the ticket for 200. A 120 dollar savings plus 10 dollars off my monthly package for 12 months. Would have loved sunday ticket for free but could not budge them any further. If anyone thinks I could do better or has a good suggestion I'll call back and try to work some magic.

Call this number for DirecTV customer service: 1-888-777-2454.

When the voice system asks what you are calling about, say "Cancel Service".

This will transfer you to a Customer Retention Representative. BE NICE and say "I need to cancel my service."

The Retention Rep will ask you why. Say, "The ONLY reason I have DirectTV is so I can get Sunday Ticket. For what you are charging now, it would cost me less to watch my team at a sports bar. I don't watch enough regular TV to justify the cost of the service without Sunday Ticket, so I just need to cancel it."

The Retention Agent will likely apologize for making you sad and come back with something like, "Sir, I am authorized to offer you x."

If x is ANYTHING less than FREE Sunday Ticket, calmly say, "Well that's generous of you but I've been a loyal customer for years and the fact that you are GIVING SUNDAY TICKET to NEW customers FOR FREE means my loyalty is NOT being returned. So you can go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service, thank you."

At this point the agent will offer it to you for free just to keep you with Direct TV. It's their job.

Call this number for DirecTV customer service: 1-888-777-2454.

When the voice system will asks what you are calling about, say "Cancel Service".

This will transfer you to a Customer Retention Representative. BE NICE and say "I need to cancel my service."

The Retention Rep will ask you why. Say, "The ONLY reason I have DirectTV is so I can get Sunday Ticket. For what you are charging now, it would cost me less to watch my team at a sports bar. I don't watch enough regular TV to justify the cost of the service without Sunday Ticket, so I just need to cancel it."

The Retention Agent will likely apologize for making you sad and come back with something like, "Sir, I am authorized to offer you x."

If x is ANYTHING less than FREE Sunday Ticket, calmly say, "Well that's generous of you but I've been a loyal customer for years and the fact that you are GIVING SUNDAY TICKET to NEW customers FOR FREE means my loyalty is NOT being returned. So you can go ahead and cancel my DirecTV service, thank you."

At this point the agent will offer it to you for free just to keep you with Direct TV. It's their job.

I have tried to call and complain and get the ticket for a reduced rate but every year they tell me know because they always give me the typical, 10 off/month and say since I already have that they cannot give me anything else. Im going to try this though.

I heard this also on a commercial last night. Are you sure this is not for new customers only?

It is "supposed" to be just for new customers. But they will give it to existing customers if they believe that's what it will take to keep them from cancelling. I believe this is why it's the first first time I've gotten Sunday Ticket for free. The last two years I've called to cancel and only gotten discounts.

My husband called this morning and he got us direct tv for free, Super Fan for free and home cinema network for free & installation for free. I couldn't be happier. I have never gotten a discount, and always paid full price. So I don't feel guilty I am getting more than some here.

HOLLY CRAP it works.. I called and complained about the FREE to new customers getting everything but the kitchen sink for a ridiculus price.. and that i was seriously thinking about going to Dish or Cable. After a few moments ... TADA...
Got NFL package FREE !!!!! and $10 off monthly bill..

I called and got 120 off, stars free for 3 months and 20 dollars off my regular programming for a year. I do this every year. I don't believe in getting everything for free as a new customer I was offered a package some years ago so I didn't demand anything for free.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been with Directv for 10 years. I just got off the phone with them and got Sunday ticket for free as well as $50 credits per month for two years! I told them I was switching to Uverse and that I didn't think it was fair new customers got Sunday ticket for free and loyal customers didn't. I basically reduced my TV bill in half and got Sunday ticket free! Thanks OP and all of the other posters for the helpful tips.

Have you guys actually started getting billed for the Sunday Ticket? I have not received a bill yet for it (in the past I believe they began billing in August) and when I checked my DTV account just now, under my sunday ticket subscription, the price says 0.00. I wonder if I am going to get it for free this year?

Thanks for the heads up. I've been with Directv for 10 years. I just got off the phone with them and got Sunday ticket for free as well as $50 credits per month for two years! I told them I was switching to Uverse and that I didn't think it was fair new customers got Sunday ticket for free and loyal customers didn't. I basically reduced my TV bill in half and got Sunday ticket free! Thanks OP and all of the other posters for the helpful tips.

50/month or 5/month?

Have you guys actually started getting billed for the Sunday Ticket? I have not received a bill yet for it (in the past I believe they began billing in August) and when I checked my DTV account just now, under my sunday ticket subscription, the price says 0.00. I wonder if I am going to get it for free this year?

We got our first installment bill for $54 last week. That's what prompted me to call. They took it off my bill.

Back
Top Bottom