Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures

So I was watching highlights from the preseason on YouTube and the full replay of week 4 Dolphins vs Bills from 1993 came on. It's the best Dolphins game you can watch. We're winning 19-0, Marino has 2 TDs and it's still in the 1st Qtr. Most fun I've had watching the Dolphins in some time. It's easy to forget how amazing Marino was.

It's a rarity to go up 19-0, that means your defense had a part in it, there are dozens of Marino games that are better than that 1993 game.I'd prefer the 1994 39-35 return of Marino after the achilies, 1985 Dolphins bears 38-24 . Jets Dolphins 45-38 shootout which the Dolphins should have won if the Refs didn't screw up the last kick off fumble by the Jets.

It's not easy to forget how amazing Marino was but he's retired.

Last edited:
The 3rd pre season game is a dress rehearsal for the regular season. We better damn well start showing something more next week.

Just want to see us finish drives for TD's. Don't need to reveal the entire offense but let's score. Also, let's eliminate these back-breaking penalties. On defense, yes we got gashed on the 2nd play. It happens. I saw McMillan make a few plays, as well as Kiko and last game Baker was active. However, we can't win if we don't score.

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures

Hello Finheaven posters, I'm ChadRico, I'm new to Finheaven, I come from another Dolphins message board Fieldchatter.com/Dolphins but our numbers have started to widdle away over the last couple of years, so I'm happy to be joining a more active board.

I have been a fan of the Dolphins since I was 4 years old, I am now 34 and have to say, I have never been so disappointed in the direction of this franchise. I can't remember entering a season with such little excitement and low expectations.

The day we drafted Tannehill, I was very disappointed, I thought he was a massive reach with the 1st round pick, but as any fan would do, I put my theories aside and rooted for Tannehill. Had you told me that day, Tannehill would be our QB for the next 7 years and have zero playoff wins, I would have probably become physically ill.

Watching Tannehill play last night against the Panthers brought back all the same feelings and questions I've had over the last 7 years. Why did we draft this guy? Why don't we bring in a competent QB to compete with him in the off season? Why can't anyone in the Dolphins organization see what so many of the fans can see? Tannehill can't read defenses.

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures..... Great entrance

I'm happy to be joining a more active board......Welcome aboard.

I can't remember entering a season with such little excitement and low expectations. ....... Mine are the highest since the Marino years.............so you expectations were high with Cutler last year eeh?

Tannehill can't read defenses....... LOLz:p

Just to clue you in, youre posting on a site where the majority of its participants believe we're having a 10-6 or better record this season.

Bunch of love starved fruit-flies this bunch is.

Welcome aboard.

You mean the same guys that were correct 2 years ago when we had out starting QB for most of the season and made the playoffs ? Some of you guys act like that never happened. and could not possibly happen again.

You mean the same guys that were correct 2 years ago when we had out starting QB for most of the season and made the playoffs ? Some of you guys act like that never happened. and could not possibly happen again.

Yaaaa

The good old days when above mediocre was actually something to look forward to......

and to think, it could happen again......

Yaaaa

The good old days when above mediocre was actually something to look forward to......

and to think, it could happen again......

I'll go with above mediocre vs dumpster fire which is what it being said. Another good draft and we could be much more but if you insist on being negative why even watch the games this year ? No way they could surprise folks and be good so find something better to do on a Sunday. You are wasting your time following a team with zero chance of winning anything or even being better than mediocre

Epic failure is beyond hyperbolic. There have been many many first round QBs worse than Tannehill and many many head coaches worse than Gase. And it's not like either inherited a great situation. I also find it hard to believe one could be more excited for Jay Cutler, Joe Philbin's fourth season or Cam Cameron, John Beck and the Ted Ginn family more than this year.

To the OP---Good luck in future but don't expect the amount of restraint being shown here for any addition flaming post , esp about RT. There were plenty here back in the day that would take you to the mat over Chad Henne's beautiful attributes and in hindsight he makes RT look like a combo of Unitas & Montana.

Regarding the preseason game play calling I think we all would have been happy if they would have thrown INTO the endzone to a TE (ANY TE) each and every play inside of the 15. They have to find a way to score successfully and that includes practice games and any playoffs they may ever encounter.

I'll go with above mediocre vs dumpster fire which is what it being said. Another good draft and we could be much more but if you insist on being negative why even watch the games this year ? No way they could surprise folks and be good so find something better to do on a Sunday. You are wasting your time following a team with zero chance of winning anything or even being better than mediocre

You are so right...

Me, above mediocre is not much different than dumpster fire. Agree another good draft and we should improve to possibly being more respectable. Think from what we've added this year if also the appropriate leadership we could be possibly more respectable. Just don't have the faith in the captain and the direction he's pointing the ship in, and this new head scratching approach only makes things worse, and feeds my recently formed opinion on Gases not ready for prime time abilities....

As far as wasting my time following the team, been doing it since their inception mid 60's, was there when Auer ran it 100 yds back all the way on the very first kick off and find it hard to stop, and I've tried the last decade but just can't, I'm addicted. Gotten to the point of being able to stop watching when it's just to embarrassing and thats also not easy... I'm literally clinically addicted and am trying to detach but it ain't easy...Takin it one day at a time.

Philbin was our owners "Worst" hire.

Tannehill took the team to the playoffs with a competent HC.
Now your just making stuff up!

Tannehill has yet to take team to playoffs. He has got them in position 3 times. Twice the team collapsed under his leadership and the third time the backup QB stepped in and took the team to the playoffs.

Philbin has a good football mind, but not the personality to be a HC. Socially awkward.

I would say Ireland is the worst decision Ross has made as an owner. Not coincidentally he spent the #8 pick in the draft on the 56th rated QB in college football as a 5th year senior who led the preseason top 10 team out of the top 25 with a 7-6 record. One of his many questionable moves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom