Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage

They wouldn't use a donor ligament, they take strands from his hamstring braid them together and make new ACL. His hyperextension is the cause of his previous injury, a partially torn/severely sprained acl. Sure surgeries can have complications, rehab can have setbacks, non surgical routes can have setbacks and complications. PSSSSST it just happened!
Hence the panty hose analogy. Direct donation for another host, or donated from another part of the body, still not a designed match.

And thank you for agreeing with me with your "Pssst".

I feel like those who are saying that he is wrong for not choosing surgery, or that if he had surgery he wouldn't be in this position have never had a real traumatic injury, most doctors like to use surgery only as a last resort. I've unfortunately had multiple surgeries and my most serious was a complete break and shear of my humerus. The doctor waited 10 weeks before he would put surgery on the table because of the recovery was going to be about 18 months and there was a risk of nerve injury. That injury ended my playing career, and I can no longer throw a baseball, football, etc. I can't even bench press any more. I also have a rod that spans my entire humerus connecting my elbow to my shoulder. Having to have a surgery directly affected the rest of my life. I can understand why he opted to try the natural route.

Seems like there's a ton of fans talking themselves into the fact that RT needs to bite the bullet and have ACL reconstruction. I'm actually on the opposite side of that argument, and here's why:
The only thing we know for sure right now is that he hyperextended his knee and didn't do any further damage to the ACL. I for one, am not ready to assume that the hyperextension is 100% the result of his "healed" ACL being the culprit. Everyday in sports, you see guys that have never had an ACL injury hyperextended their knees after coming down awkwardly. To me, the fact that he hyperextended his knee and did not re-tear a portion of his ACL makes me wonder if this wasn't just a case of incredibly bad luck in the fact that he just happened to do it to the same knee that was injured. If this had happened to his other knee, there'd be no major cause for alarm and we'd be waiting the 2-to-8 weeks before his return. Maybe I'm a glass half full guy, but I think the fact that RT was able to tweak his knee without re-injuring the ACL is a sign that his rest/rehab on his knee worked.

I'm no doctor, and maybe this is crazy talk, but I don't shelve a QB for a season, basically ruin your season, and quite possibly end the guys career in Miami simply because you're worried that he might re-tear his ACL in the future. I think this is more of a situation in which Miami and RT just dodged a huge bullet which forces them to do their due diligence before stating for fact that he'll be back on the field.

I fully understand the reluctance in your situation.

However, ACL tear surgeries are common in football. A lot of guys have them. This isn't some unknown super risky surgery, and hordes of players have come back fine.

Tannehill took the route that isn't practiced much, and it has come back to bite him and the Dolphins. Teams can't force players to opt for surgery because what you do with your body is your right, but Tannehill made an awful decision.

Well that ****ing sucks... I really dont care who's fault it is... It wont change the fact that it ****ing sucks... I wont cancel anything because let's be honest, I've been a Fins fan all those years and we usually, mostly had **** had the QB position for the last 15 years, why would I stop now...

I fully understand the reluctance in your situation.

However, ACL tear surgeries are common in football. A lot of guys have them. This isn't some unknown super risky surgery, and hordes of players have come back fine.

Tannehill took the route that isn't practiced much, and it has come back to bite him and the Dolphins. Teams can't force players to opt for surgery because what you do with your body is your right, but Tannehill made an awful decision.

While it's a common procedure, I feel like I remember countless instances where we see guys
On NFL injury reports with sprained ACL's. I don't think RT is even close to the first guy to have that injury and not have surgery. Not only that, but if reports are true that Dr. James Andrews gave him the advice that rest/rehab was just as good of an option as surgery, I can't really blame him or the Dolphins for going that route.

Seems like there's a ton of fans talking themselves into the fact that RT needs to bite the bullet and have ACL reconstruction. I'm actually on the opposite side of that argument, and here's why:
The only thing we know for sure right now is that he hyperextended his knee and didn't do any further damage to the ACL. I for one, am not ready to assume that the hyperextension is 100% the result of his "healed" ACL being the culprit. Everyday in sports, you see guys that have never had an ACL injury hyperextended their knees after coming down awkwardly. To me, the fact that he hyperextended his knee and did not re-tear a portion of his ACL makes me wonder if this wasn't just a case of incredibly bad luck in the fact that he just happened to do it to the same knee that was injured. If this had happened to his other knee, there'd be no major cause for alarm and we'd be waiting the 2-to-8 weeks before his return. Maybe I'm a glass half full guy, but I think the fact that RT was able to tweak his knee without re-injuring the ACL is a sign that his rest/rehab on his knee worked.

I'm no doctor, and maybe this is crazy talk, but I don't shelve a QB for a season, basically ruin your season, and quite possibly end the guys career in Miami simply because you're worried that he might re-tear his ACL in the future. I think this is more of a situation in which Miami and RT just dodged a huge bullet which forces them to do their due diligence before stating for fact that he'll be back on the field.

I hope you are right

There's so much to unclutter here. Is Tannehill really watching practice, or is he looking into a mirror questioning the true nature of his existence? He has all his clothes on, which is a great sign. However, his right arm is bent across his body, almost as if he's protecting his vulnerable self from the real truth he is about to face.

So much going in a seemingly normal photo.

Wow, didn't know that he'd be 30 next year...not looking good for Ryan, or the Fins right now.

Cutler can sling it - like Jeff George, but he seems like such a *****.

Kap could get this team to the playoffs, he's a baller and almost beat our *** last year with zero weapons on that San Fran team. The stadium might be empty if Ross allows Kap on the team - and Ross is not having that - the money has to keep flowing.

Brock blows.

I am just not a big fan of Moore....another 8-8 season with Moore unless Cam/Branch/Harris terrorize the league with 60 sacks out of anger for the loss of their QB.

Hardly ever drink, but seriously considering it!

Me either, not any more. That said, what sounds good to you all? Beer? Whiskey? Margarita? A spicy Bloody Mary? I am super bummed out and probably gonna drink something the first game/scrimmage or whatever I can watch on TV in Orlando. Sorry, but as a Dolphin fan, I am feeling pretty sorry for myself today. We just can't seem to catch a break. :-(

I seem to have gone through the 7 Stages pretty quickly this time. I'm into the acceptance and hope stage now and ready to rally behind Moore or whoever is our quarterback. As for hope, my personal hope is that they determine Tannehill can rehab and get back with the 8 to 10 weeks and that Moore leads us to enough early season wins vs. the softer early season schedule to keep up our hopes. But this was going to be a very difficult year for us anyway. So I'm ready to see what we have and hope for the best:

7 Stages of Grief:

• SHOCK & DENIAL- You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. ...
  • PAIN & GUILT- ...
  • ANGER & BARGAINING- ...
  • "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS- ...
  • THE UPWARD TURN- ...
  • RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH- ...
  • ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
I hope you all reach the ACCEPTANCE & HOPE stage soon, too. Let's all stay unified behind our team. Go Fins!

I seem to have gone through the 7 Stages pretty quickly this time. I'm into the acceptance and hope stage now and ready to rally behind Moore or whoever is our quarterback. As for hope, my personal hope is that they determine Tannehill can rehab and get back with the 8 to 10 weeks and that Moore leads us to enough early season wins vs. the softer early season schedule to keep up our hopes. But this was going to be a very difficult year for us anyway. So I'm ready to see what we have and hope for the best:

7 Stages of Grief:

• SHOCK & DENIAL- You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. ...
  • PAIN & GUILT- ...
  • ANGER & BARGAINING- ...
  • "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS- ...
  • THE UPWARD TURN- ...
  • RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH- ...
  • ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
I hope you all reach the ACCEPTANCE & HOPE stage soon, too. Let's all stay unified behind our team. Go Fins!

I'm still in the "**** me" stage. Need a successful game or two, Tanny under the knife and a qb signing to move on to the upward turn one.

For star athletes these days it is commonplace and almost routine. I can't fathom that the recommendation wouldn't be to go in and fix whatever needed fixing and leave no stone unturned. I mean RT would have had all offseason to rehab right? To hope and pray that this "partial tear" would heal itself when going in could have revealed other problems is downright selfish and silly but then again I'm not the injured person and I'm not making the calls down there.........oy vey!!!!!:confused:

Back
Top Bottom