The division is Miami's to take !!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The division is Miami's to take !!!

I was at the game last night, I live in New England unfortunately. Brady doesn't even look that great, he is missing open receivers. He is also getting so frustrated I think he is making these new guys play worse b/c they are scared to get yelled at lol.

i didn't see anything with the pats that getting gronk and amendola can't cure...but amendola is hurt all the time...pats need to lose a couple of these next 4 games... i did see that vince wilfork may be getting long in the tooth...got dominated at the poa more times than i have ever seen by vlad ducasse no less...i would if i was the pats give the rock to legarrette blount more in the running game...

as for the jets i know tannehill threw 3 picks as a rookie in one game the opener against houston mainly on tipped balls etc but i never saw him as a rookie throw 2 ints as ugly as the last 2 by geno smith...that was some craptastic stuff

clyde gates blows...stephen hill hasn't developed at all...dee milliner looks like the next overdrafted overrated corner out of bama the top pick dt out of missouri looks legit...at lb the 2nd year kid demario davis is developing nicely into a good football player...surprised the pats couldn't attack the jets safeties more in coverage...antonio allen looks like he will wear a target a lot of those jets dbs will...

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Patriots have two wins within the division. Those teams know your schemes and had months to prepare, once they saw the schedule. It's not a full perspective until you've been outside the division several times.

Geno Smith looks considerably better than I expected. Certainly more of an upside than Sanchez at this point. He's moving around calmly at just the right pace and scanning the field with eyes in the secondary. Lots of nice adjustments tonight when he squared his shoulders on the run, much better than his tendencies at West Virginia. Variety of pace and loft with a catchable ball. Well, catchable other than the guys on the other end. He was victimized by his teammates tonight beyond anything that Tannehill experienced last season.

The Jets look like an NFL team. Shocking development. It's generally a bad beat when you outrush the home team 32 attempts to 24 with nearly double the yardage. Nice push up front on many runs, including at Wilfork.

Smith and Manuel have already hinted that they can play a long time in this league. Should make for an interesting division.

Agree with a lot of this Awsi. With the lack of talent at receiver, Smith threw a lot of 50:50 balls and it was inevitable at some point one would get snagged. The first INT was one of those. The second was flat-out an awful decision by Smith. His one real glaring error of the night. The third was on the receiver imo.

Geno has the touch, but has he got the clutch? That was my question coming out of WVU (where he was great at beating up the minnows, but not so hot when the pressure was on). I expect him to be a very effective piece in a well-conceived offense in the future, but I have my doubts about leadership potential. He throws a heart-achingly beautiful ball, I'll give him that.

The Jets O-line looked like a mess for a lot of that game, the one exception the drive after halftime when they probably got a rocket put up their asses by Ryan. The playcalling was dreadful too I thought. Neither the o-line nor Marty helped Geno at all. I won't even mention Hill, Gates et al.

To me the Jets looked like a team of pretty decent players whose abilities were undermined by bad coaching/leadership.

As for the Pats, they were the opposite. They looked like a well-oiled machine being operated by chimps. Why the Jets didn't shut down Edelman is a mystery, he was the only bright spot in a terrible offensive display. The conditions were really bad though, so I'm not muttering prayers of benediction over the corpse of Pat the Patriot yet.

Still, that is not a talented Patriot team, in terms of the level they're used to being at. Bring Gronk, Vereen and Amendola back in though and at a minimum it's an above average league offense. The defense didn't impress at all.

seeing last nights game was such a good sight! yes, both these teams look bad and the division is ours to take! I have to admit also, I was pretty upset at the first half of our game last week but now the more i go back and watch it, our passing game is legit. Tanne is smart and can only get better. We just have to start our games faster. We will not beat these teams starting the game slowly. We will have to jump in front early and let the defense just dominate them for the rest!! Im pretty pumped for this yeear!

Did the league set the Patriots schedule to help them win? Just look at their schedule and take a look at ours. Think about the State of teams at the beginning of the season and towards the end of the season.

It was very likely at the beginning of this season that two rookie Qbs would be starting for Buffalo and NY and of-course conveniently the Patriots played them first and avoided us. On the flip side we play the majority of our Division game towards the end of the season when everyone including the Patriots likely will be much better increasing the odds that the games will be harder. Whereas, the Patriots already have 2 in the bag and a few of them spread out throughout

People are over reacting just like the first half of the Browns game.

Yes, the Pats looked absolutely dreadful on both sides of the ball and only a rookie QB's mistakes saved them.

The Pats are 2-0 in the division and have the $@&&# Bucs up next with ten days rest. Brady and the Pats should only get better with more playing time and as they get healthy.

Our only job is to beat the Colts this w/e. When we play the Pats in week 8 I expect a much better ( at least in terms of execution ) team.

And the Jets are a team with some talent on both lines. They'll also play hard for Ryan until things totally implode. Right now the Jets still believe they can play with anyone.

Did the league set the Patriots schedule to help them win? Just look at their schedule and take a look at ours. Think about the State of teams at the beginning of the season and towards the end of the season.

It was very likely at the beginning of this season that two rookie Qbs would be starting for Buffalo and NY and of-course conveniently the Patriots played them first and avoided us. On the flip side we play the majority of our Division game towards the end of the season when everyone including the Patriots likely will be much better increasing the odds that the games will be harder. Whereas, the Patriots already have 2 in the bag and a few of them spread out throughout

I was harping on this very thing 2 weeks ago...How the defending division Champs get the schedule of a division dweller can only be laid at the feet of NFL favoritism...Kraft BBQ sauce anyone?

I wonder if Heath Evans is worried that he will have to eat his own words now?

we will kill geno smith and that jets o with our pressure packages and blitz packages when we play them...kill them...smith has no idea what he's in for...the jets are absolutely the team you blitz in long yardage and play a rally to the football zone behind it...

smith sucks...pocket management unless he's completely clean is terrible...just wait til we got his head spinning with who's coming and who's dropping...

santonio holmes looks like a shadow of his former self right now they miss the slot wr kerley also...the tight ends are a joke

I was expecting NE to look like, well, NE. I agree with all of this. The Pats look beatable - by just about anyone - I'm not celebrating yet as they'll get Gronkowski and Amendoula back at some point and that will help them. I always thought if you had a great QB it didn't matter who your WRs were - I saw Marino make guys like Vince Heflin, Scott Schwedes, Lamar Thomas look halfway decent. I guys I was wrong - Brady is looking very pedestrian - or worse (stat wise - I realize they dropped 38 balls on him last night) but it goes to show - I think - that it takes weapons around you as well as being a great QB. So let's get Tanny some more weapons!

All this is nice and dandy but what I want is for The Dolphins to be great. I don't want us to win the division just cause everyone else sucks worst than us. Not saying we suck, just saying that we need to be great instead of being happy that the pats and jets might not be very good. While the pats might not be a great team at this point, there're other teams in the AFC that are so WE need to worry about what WE do instead of worrying about what the pats and jets can't do.

Ozzy rules!!

Brady was absolutely not on target with all his throws, hell he threw the ball at his receivers feet on more than one occasion, another pass to dobson was behind him. Those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure if you go back and take a look, Brady is not playing at his normal level.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

i'm sure they all ran perfect routes. lol look, I hate the pats as much as the next fins fan, but I find it hard to believe brady is all of a sudden "losing it", after this long in the league. I think it had to do more with how bad his WR's are, than Brady not being able to be on target.

really??!! cuz from my chair NE is 2-0 in AFCE; meaning they're a third of the way to another div. title... we've got one helluva hill to climb still

you realize a team can win all division games, and still not win the division? division games is only 6. So theoretically, NE could win all division games and lose the rest, and be 6-10. just sayin. The pats are not 1/3 of their way to another div. title.

It was fun watching Brady sulk like a spoiled little brat last night. It reminded me of the class Marino showed in his declining years. Im sure he didnt like it either being such a competitor but I don't recall him acting like that at all. If Brady loses his mobility (like Dan) he would not last 3 quarters.

I was also thinking about that hit on Geno Smith early....It drew flags but if that had been Brady sandwiched between two 300 lb defensive players the NFL would have stopped the game & arrested them. I think it affected Geno the rest of the game because he ran early & often after that.

brady had guys reading db leverage and coverage wrong...i would be pissed too if i was him...not to mention the drops and not getting their heads around...those wrs better figure it out cause if they don't beli will cut their ass

but once amendola and gronk come back assuming they come back and can be healthy these rookie wrs will be pieces not focal points...and the o will get more consistent...

Back
Top Bottom