The most important aspect of a franchise IS SCOUTING/DRAFT DEPARTMENT, ABOVE ALL!! Coaches DO NOT bring playoff success!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most important aspect of a franchise IS SCOUTING/DRAFT DEPARTMENT, ABOVE ALL!! Coaches DO NOT bring playoff success!!

Next head coach cannot think he knows more than the GM, stfu about personnel and coach the players on your roster.

Flores downfall I believe.

In fairness to him higher ups should not be telling his who to fire and hire on his staff.
Why can't he know more than the GM? This is why some coaches run personnel. Someone who played football, coached and mentored by BB from film coordinator all the way up the line probably is more inclined to make personnel decisions than most GM's.

I posted this in another thread, fits here though:

Hypothetically, if the new HC comes in and Austin Jackson and Eich look like pro-bowlers, what is your opinion of Grier and the scouting Department?
This is multiverse stuff right here

Its sad that the thread has turned into tunnel vision... its not black and white.

Its not that the coach does not matter at all. The point in the OP still stands. People are being tunnel visioned.

We arent being tunnel visioned.

We all understand it's not just the coach. We all understand the importance of scouting. You're one who said what we are replying too.

So...theoretically, if we could clone players and make two teams of the same exact players, give one set to Belichick, Tomlin or Payton, etc... and give the other set to Gase, Philbin etc... Give them a full offseason together of training and game planning and then have them play each other, it would be a tie?

So...theoretically, if we could clone players and make two teams of the same exact players, give one set to Belichick, Tomlin or Payton, etc... and give the other set to Gase, Philbin etc... Give them a full offseason together of training and game planning and then have them play each other, it would be a tie?
In terms of PLAYOFF SUCCESS, yes, it would be a tie.

None of those famous coaches are taking the Joe Philbin 2014 Miami Dolphins to any playoff success.

This is multiverse stuff right here
Possibly, but Ive seen enough players run through our system and suck, while going to other teams and play well (or at least better)

At times our Oline looked completely LOST, not to mention entirely forgetting or ignoring fundamentals.

While draft picks arent guaranteed to succeed, its more likely that they don't, we have drafted players that were highly rated.

Bad coaching and schemes can affect that dramatically.

Of course there is a chance that another coach comes in and cuts those guys immediately. That would certainly signal a failure in the player evaluation prior to selection. But if they can make those guys into players worthy of their selection, or at least closer, it would justify the pick and negate much of the sentiment that the GM is wasting draft capital.

Ted Karras sure looked good on sunday, at least twice the player he was when he was with us.

I want to see a competent Offensive staff have a crack at these guys before writing them off, and before blaming the GM/scouting department for a failure.

Possibly, but Ive seen enough players run through our system and suck, while going to other teams and play well (or at least better)

At times our Oline looked completely LOST, not to mention entirely forgetting or ignoring fundamentals.

While draft picks arent guaranteed to succeed, its more likely that they don't, we have drafted players that were highly rated.

Bad coaching and schemes can affect that dramatically.

Of course there is a chance that another coach comes in and cuts those guys immediately. That would certainly signal a failure in the player evaluation prior to selection. But if they can make those guys into players worthy of their selection, or at least closer, it would justify the pick and negate much of the sentiment that the GM is wasting draft capital.

Ted Karras sure looked good on sunday, at least twice the player he was when he was with us.

I want to see a competent Offensive staff have a crack at these guys before writing them off, and before blaming the GM/scouting department for a failure.
I am waiting to see if Flo takes JP with him to be his Oline coach

In terms of PLAYOFF SUCCESS, yes, it would be a tie.

None of those famous coaches are taking the Joe Philbin 2014 Miami Dolphins to any playoff success.
I mean one game, these hypothetical teams play each other, with coaching as the only variable. Is the game a tie?

Back
Top Bottom