This will be painful to watch! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will be painful to watch!

That Buffalo game at the end of the saeson has to be one of the worst games I have seen as a Fan, right after that butt whooping 62-7 to Jacksonville(I was 11 and still get chills)

It felt like certain players quit during that game.

oline sucked for sure but to be fair I saw some inexperience at QB too. Several times he should have gotten the ball out. I'm hoping he gets better with another off season under his belt. An improvement in play calling and talent in front of him won't hurt either.

Read what you wrote, several times, out of god damn 58 sacks. Yes, we know Tannehill is still a young QB who has to improve on his pocket presence, but to say he is at fault for taking most of those sacks is asinine. The offensive line was just atrocious when it came to situational football.

watch that then realize we had $40 million in cap space and we only spent oline wise it on one lock starter...hard to even fathom

Especially when by all accounts everything we have heard was that the coaching staff knew the offensive line didn't have the talent it needed to keep Tannehill upright or open any holes for the RB's. IMO this reeks of Ireland thinking that he was smarter than everyone else in the room and that the players he picked would be good enough. Turns out that definitely wasn't the case.

Cleveland: all 4 sacks on QB- 4 on QB
Indy: 2 on OL, 1 if he stepped up he doesn't get stripped, didn't feel rush. 1 had all day to throw, couldn't find receiver- not on OL. 2 on OL, 1 50/50, 1 coverage
Atl: 1st one had time, stepped up into rush. 2nd one, on OL but awful job fumbling(could have been avoided), 3rd had open blitzer, 4th on OL, 5th had time, couldn't find receiver. 3 on OL, 1 on QB, 1 coverage
NO: OL, QB, OL, QB. 2 on OL, 2 on QB
Bal: OL, OL, QB, QB, QB, OL. 3 on OL, 3 on QB
Buf: OL, OL(but can't turn it over in that spot). 2 OL
NE: OL, OL(both missed blitz pickups), QB, OL, QB, QB. 3 OL, 3 QB
Cin: OL, QB, OL. 2 OL, 1 QB
TB: OL, OL. 2 OL
SD: missed blitz pickup, OL, OL, QB
Car: QB, OL, QB,
NYJ: QB
Pitt: QB, OL. 1 OL, 1 QB
NE: QB, OL, QB, OL. 2 OL, 2 QB
Buf: QB, QB, OL, OL, OL, OL, QB. 4 OL, 3 QB

30 on OL

roughly 50/50 and I was being very generous. there were times if he made better decisions or pre snap reads he could have delivered the ball quicker and avoided sacks.

Considering NFL Advanced Stats ranks the Fins '12 OL at #6, based on the below, it's incredible that Tannehill, not only stayed upright but actually demonstrated marked improvement!;
http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teamOL.php?year=2012&season=all

k68vp-1.jpg

Can we please get some more football analysis from the guy with 30,000 posts on an internet forum? I'm waiting anxiously.

Cleveland: all 4 sacks on QB- 4 on QB
Indy: 2 on OL, 1 if he stepped up he doesn't get stripped, didn't feel rush. 1 had all day to throw, couldn't find receiver- not on OL. 2 on OL, 1 50/50, 1 coverage
Atl: 1st one had time, stepped up into rush. 2nd one, on OL but awful job fumbling(could have been avoided), 3rd had open blitzer, 4th on OL, 5th had time, couldn't find receiver. 3 on OL, 1 on QB, 1 coverage
NO: OL, QB, OL, QB. 2 on OL, 2 on QB
Bal: OL, OL, QB, QB, QB, OL. 3 on OL, 3 on QB
Buf: OL, OL(but can't turn it over in that spot). 2 OL
NE: OL, OL(both missed blitz pickups), QB, OL, QB, QB. 3 OL, 3 QB
Cin: OL, QB, OL. 2 OL, 1 QB
TB: OL, OL. 2 OL
SD: missed blitz pickup, OL, OL, QB
Car: QB, OL, QB,
NYJ: QB
Pitt: QB, OL. 1 OL, 1 QB
NE: QB, OL, QB, OL. 2 OL, 2 QB
Buf: QB, QB, OL, OL, OL, OL, QB. 4 OL, 3 QB

30 on OL

roughly 50/50 and I was being very generous. there were times if he made better decisions or pre snap reads he could have delivered the ball quicker and avoided sacks.
Popcorn-1.gif

I've just watched them all and I put roughly 15 that I'd attribute to RT with maybe another 5 that I could put on him. Around maybe one third of his sacks, he could have done better. Nearly all of those are just holding the ball too long, not feeling the rush, not throwing it away. Again though, QB in his 2nd season with a poor OL that's getting him killed, I'm okay with him still learning.

Our OL was worse than I remembered. No doubt. It was awful. At both OT positions and RB blocking in particular. I mean, wow. Buffalo seriously killed us. They just massacred our line. Tampa just pushed us back without opposition. That video was tough.

Lots to improve, lots to work on. I'm confident in RT still.

Anyone that wanst to believe we had an average line just needs to watch this ugh. Line was bad all around RT was the worst. Mckiinnie just plain lazy and not good, Martin lost on left side. Our guards sucked, our backs don't block. It was bad.

Bingo....Like I've said numerous times, last years Phinz OL was the WORST Miami OL I have ever seen. They were AWFUL, you can not win with crap like that :-(

Considering NFL Advanced Stats ranks the Fins '12 OL at #6, based on the below, it's incredible that Tannehill, not only stayed upright but actually demonstrated marked improvement!;
http://wp.advancednflstats.com/teamOL.php?year=2012&season=all

k68vp-1.jpg

Vark, I clicked on the think but it doesn't say if that total includes RB's as well. If so does that mean, based on film study, they feel Tannehill was only responsible for taking 5 of the 58 sacks?

I will watch all later but so far each of the Cle sacks were on the QB

I assume we'll end up w/a 50/50 type blame. half to OL, half to QB

Its an exercise in futility to try to blame the QB or line for this or that sack and here's why:

1. Replace Peyton Manning with Ryan Tannehill and I guarantee Manning doesn't take half the sacks, if the over/under that Manning would have been sacked 30 times I bet big on the under. Intangibles count and Manning would be proactive in making sure the line was ready. Manning also has better instincts on calling audibles and getting rid of the ball. So if you argue that Manning would only take 25 sacks with everything else being equal then that would mean Tannehill was responsible for the other 33.

2. Offensive Coordinator. I don't think Sherman was as bad as he's being portrayed around here but he certainly wasn't the best OC in the league either. He was inconsistent at best and predictable at times. Swap out Sherman with the best OC in the NFL and the sacks would be reduced even further, you could probably take away another 10. So with Peyton manning at QB and Sean Payton at OC we (arguably) go from 58 sacks to about 15.

3. Head Coach. I believe Philbin's philosophy is to always take what we're given -- pass to set up the run and run to set up the pass. The problem is opposing defenses don't respect our ability to pass so the pass is always "set up," which makes it easier on the defense to get after the QB. If we had a HC that believed in being more balanced regardless of the defense then the sacks would go down even further.

Vark, I clicked on the think but it doesn't say if that total includes RB's as well. If so does that mean, based on film study, they feel Tannehill was only responsible for taking 5 of the 58 sacks?

Yes, I could well be wrong but that's the way I interpreted it although that seems like a very minor number on Tannehill despite the general eyetest that confirms those stats in general; and am certainly worried about a recurrence leading to DavidCarrSyndrome. Is it any wonder that he and Wallace couldn't get in sync when in the back of his mind, a pocket passer such as himself expected the hammer to come down in a matter of microseconds. :idk: Also note how many points/game the poor pass protection adds to our opponents/detracts from our scoreboard. (-10.7 ExpectedPointsAdjustment vs Denver +19.2)

Back
Top Bottom