This will be painful to watch! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

This will be painful to watch!

I'm still a solid believer that the "GO, GO" system had a significant impact on our oline. Not making any excuse for the line, because in fact they did suck, but defenses had an automatic advantage.

Cleveland: all 4 sacks on QB- 4 on QB
Indy: 2 on OL, 1 if he stepped up he doesn't get stripped, didn't feel rush. 1 had all day to throw, couldn't find receiver- not on OL. 2 on OL, 1 50/50, 1 coverage
Atl: 1st one had time, stepped up into rush. 2nd one, on OL but awful job fumbling(could have been avoided), 3rd had open blitzer, 4th on OL, 5th had time, couldn't find receiver. 3 on OL, 1 on QB, 1 coverage
NO: OL, QB, OL, QB. 2 on OL, 2 on QB
Bal: OL, OL, QB, QB, QB, OL. 3 on OL, 3 on QB
Buf: OL, OL(but can't turn it over in that spot). 2 OL
NE: OL, OL(both missed blitz pickups), QB, OL, QB, QB. 3 OL, 3 QB
Cin: OL, QB, OL. 2 OL, 1 QB
TB: OL, OL. 2 OL
SD: missed blitz pickup, OL, OL, QB
Car: QB, OL, QB,
NYJ: QB
Pitt: QB, OL. 1 OL, 1 QB
NE: QB, OL, QB, OL. 2 OL, 2 QB
Buf: QB, QB, OL, OL, OL, OL, QB. 4 OL, 3 QB

30 on OL

roughly 50/50 and I was being very generous. there were times if he made better decisions or pre snap reads he could have delivered the ball quicker and avoided sacks.

so you don't think any sacks were because of the RB's? or did you put those on the OL or QB?

We already know and if its so painful, then why would u post this? To break balls?
I enjoy the discussion and reading the back and fourth dialogue between some of the more experienced posters plus it increases the knowledge and general consensus of the board overall.

i am glad you posted this...i have been looking for it...thank you op...

Its an exercise in futility to try to blame the QB or line for this or that sack and here's why:

1. Replace Peyton Manning with Ryan Tannehill and I guarantee Manning doesn't take half the sacks, if the over/under that Manning would have been sacked 30 times I bet big on the under. Intangibles count and Manning would be proactive in making sure the line was ready. Manning also has better instincts on calling audibles and getting rid of the ball. So if you argue that Manning would only take 25 sacks with everything else being equal then that would mean Tannehill was responsible for the other 33.

2. Offensive Coordinator. I don't think Sherman was as bad as he's being portrayed around here but he certainly wasn't the best OC in the league either. He was inconsistent at best and predictable at times. Swap out Sherman with the best OC in the NFL and the sacks would be reduced even further, you could probably take away another 10. So with Peyton manning at QB and Sean Payton at OC we (arguably) go from 58 sacks to about 15.

3. Head Coach. I believe Philbin's philosophy is to always take what we're given -- pass to set up the run and run to set up the pass. The problem is opposing defenses don't respect our ability to pass so the pass is always "set up," which makes it easier on the defense to get after the QB. If we had a HC that believed in being more balanced regardless of the defense then the sacks would go down even further.

I understand that, realistically none of us can properly evaluate w/o knowing the specifics of each play but we can have an idea.

so you don't think any sacks were because of the RB's? or did you put those on the OL or QB?

I lumped those in w/ the OL.

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

better than a guy with just about as many posts, but from a rival team...

That hurts:lol:

i am glad you posted this...i have been looking for it...thank you op...

Hoops are you even going to be able to evaluate who's fault it is? I realize it shows the piss poor blocking pretty well, but it doesn't show what is happening down the filed. Based on the drop back steps the QB takes you can get a good idea of what kind of routes are being run but it won't show if they are covered and the QB ate the ball or if Tannehill just missed them while going through his progressions.

On a totally different aspect I don't think an eval even needs to be done. If you can't tell from looking at that video that the line was horse **** nothing is going to persuade you that they were the culprit for most of the sacks. However, feel free to do it as I would love to see your write up.

Something that I think would also lend some credibility as to how poor the offensive line was is video showing how much they failed when having to run the ball on 3rd/4th and short. The line could never get enough push in those situations and the RB's more than not were stopped short of the sticks.

Hoops are you even going to be able to evaluate who's fault it is? I realize it shows the piss poor blocking pretty well, but it doesn't show what is happening down the filed. Based on the drop back steps the QB takes you can get a good idea of what kind of routes are being run but it won't show if they are covered and the QB ate the ball or if Tannehill just missed them while going through his progressions.

On a totally different aspect I don't think an eval even needs to be done. If you can't tell from looking at that video that the line was horse **** nothing is going to persuade you that they were the culprit for most of the sacks. However, feel free to do it as I would love to see your write up.

Something that I think would also lend some credibility as to how poor the offensive line was is video showing how much they failed when having to run the ball on 3rd/4th and short. The line could never get enough push in those situations and the RB's more than not were stopped short of the sticks.

it really depends on how much i get to see as to how confident i can be about it...havent looked yet...but if its the same cuts you get in the tv telecast yeah i should be able to narrow it down pretty easily...some of the sacks will admittedly be coverage sacks but i will be able to tell that by progression reads etc...i know if a guys wide open in his progression read he's not gonna miss them...i have 2 years worth of tape to tell me that...may not complete the pass for a variety of reasons but not get the ball out???...nah no worries

shouldn't be too hard...and for the ones i can't tell i will say so...i know the protection schemes etc and i know what the offense is suppose to operate like...i also can id the pressure packages faced and tell stuff from the presnap reads given as to what the qb should be doing...

piece of cake brother...i'm off tomorrow and friday be something else for me to do when i'm not watching the tourney...what i really love anyways...football

Condensed version

[video=youtube;8B6osSDrcvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8B6osSDrcvk[/video]

it really depends on how much i get to see as to how confident i can be about it...havent looked yet...but if its the same cuts you get in the tv telecast yeah i should be able to narrow it down pretty easily...some of the sacks will admittedly be coverage sacks but i will be able to tell that by progression reads etc...i know if a guys wide open in his progression read he's not gonna miss them...i have 2 years worth of tape to tell me that...may not complete the pass for a variety of reasons but not get the ball out???...nah no worries

shouldn't be too hard...and for the ones i can't tell i will say so...i know the protection schemes etc and i know what the offense is suppose to operate like...i also can id the pressure packages faced and tell stuff from the presnap reads given as to what the qb should be doing...

piece of cake brother

Sweet, I look forward to the write up!

Condensed version

[video=youtube;8B6osSDrcvk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8B6osSDrcvk[/video]

Thanks, this was hilarious.

Edit: 1:26 best dance

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom