Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Bandwagon........Adam Schein (The Schein Nine)

no ones up on herbert, Tua just wont make it in the NFL. I for one didnt want Herbert either, but give me the smarter 6 ft 6 non injury prone QB with a rocket arm all day if given the choice...
Tua won't make it? Cool. Can I borrow your time machine. How is it powered? With hyperbole?

Last time I saw him at Oregon he was leading his team to a Rose Bowl win over 8th rated Wisconsin.

I wouldn’t agree that the Chargers were more talented last year than the Dolphins…just my opinion.
Oregon's offense had 204 yards of offense. The lowest by a rose bowl team in 40 years. He threw for 138 yards and an INT. Come one now.

Oregon's offense had 204 yards of offense. The lowest by a rose bowl team in 40 years. He threw for 138 yards and an INT. Come one now.
Can't have it both ways. I'll go with any comparative analysis, but it has to be consistent.

Tua gets credit for wins with 90, 169, and 133 yds passing last year, but Herbert gets shat on for the Rose bowl?

View attachment 78498

Miami Dolphins

2020 record: 10-6

Don't jump off the Tua Tagovailoa bandwagon! Sure, he's no Herbert. Miami should've drafted Herbert. But that's water under the bridge. And I remain a staunch supporter in Tua's ability. Last year, he was A) coming off a major hip injury; B) entering the NFL amid a global pandemic that erased normal offseason workouts and preseason games; and C) surrounded by a lackluster offensive cast. The humble signal-caller was very disappointed with his rookie season when he spoke to me on SiriusXM Radio before the Super Bowl, but all things considered, I thought it was a pretty typical first-year campaign, with ups and downs. It was normal. Now, he knows the deal. He knows the offense. He gets a full offseason. And he can lead.

Oh, and did I mention that the Dolphins just drafted his old Alabama teammate, Jaylen Waddle? The explosive playmaker will have a Tyreek Hill-like impact on the offense. And Miami also added Will Fuller in free agency; when healthy, the guy's a true home run hitter. Put those two alongside DeVante Parker, and suddenly, Tua's cooking with gas in the passing game.

Brian Flores received my vote for Coach of the Year last season. And his defense, which allowed the sixth-fewest points in football in 2020, will be stingy once again. First-round pick Jaelan Phillips could be just what the doctor ordered on the edge-rushing front.

The division is tough. The conference is tougher. But I warn you: Never sell a Flores-led team short.

Personally I think Tua will end up having a better NFL career than Herbert. So I am happy the Dolphins drafted Tua and not Herbert. Even though going into the 2020 draft I had stated that I would be happy with the Dolphins drafting either QB.

My concern with Tua at the time was the fact he was coming off major hip surgery and therefore I would have understood the Dolphins passing on him and settling for Herbert. While I think Herbert will be a solid starter in the NFL, I still prefer Tua for the long term.

Can't have it both ways. I'll go with any comparative analysis, but it has to be consistent.

Tua gets credit for wins with 90, 169, and 133 yds passing last year, but Herbert gets shat on for the Rose bowl?
I think he was just adding some context to the "leading his team to a win over 8th ranked blah blah blah" comment, as if he went HAM in that game.

After one season how can you honestly say Miami should have drafted Herbert over Tua? Yes, Herbert was more impressive as a rookie. That is undeniable.

But LA had a lot more talent on offense and Herbert wasn't coming back from a major injury.

Herbert could end up as the better quarterback, but that's a snap judgment.

Personally I think Tua will end up having a better NFL career than Herbert. So I am happy the Dolphins drafted Tua and not Herbert. Even though going into the 2020 draft I had stated that I would be happy with the Dolphins drafting either QB.

My concern with Tua at the time was the fact he was coming off major hip surgery and therefore I would have understood the Dolphins passing on him and settling for Herbert. While I think Herbert will be a solid starter in the NFL, I still prefer Tua for the long term.
I felt exactly the same way. Herbert was a tough evaluation because he had some real bad moments at Oregon. But you could see he also had the talent to work with.

Tua was a star the first time he took the field at Alabama, but I agree with you on the injury.

I can't wait to see how both progress in their NFL careers.

Context is that I have seen Herbert sink in the big moment so many times its fully expected. Unlike Tua who I have seen step up in the big moment. when he was a freshman coming in the second half and whipping ass to win a National championship. Going toe to toe with Burrow on a bum ankle etc. Basically I'm taking a fully healthy tua over herbert if I need a TD in the final drive. This isnt me thinking Tua is gonna be a star its just that I have seen herbert **** the proverbial bed enough to know better.

Herbert... Blah blah blah
Watson... Blah blah blah
Rodgers... Blah blah blah

Join the Tua bandwagon or move on.
I am not a bandwagon type of guy.

Tua needs to prove it or be replaced. His receivers are rock solid and the wide outs are blazing fast outside of Parker and he isn't slow, plus Gesicki is an outstanding modern TE.

The OL is solid as well, there is no room for anymore excuses. We WILL find out this year if he is an NFL QB....like it or not...period.

I am not a bandwagon type of guy.

Tua needs to prove it or be replaced. His receivers are rock solid and the wide outs are blazing fast outside of Parker and he isn't slow, plus Gesicki is an outstanding modern TE.

The OL is solid as well, there is no room for anymore excuses. We WILL find out this year if he is an NFL QB....like it or not...period.
lol what? When did that happen?

After one season how can you honestly say Miami should have drafted Herbert over Tua? Yes, Herbert was more impressive as a rookie. That is undeniable.

But LA had a lot more talent on offense and Herbert wasn't coming back from a major injury.

Herbert could end up as the better quarterback, but that's a snap judgment.
Well to be fair, those of us who would have rather drafted Herbert to begin with, haven't seen anything that would change our opinion. That has nothing to do with last season's performances.

Where I'm at, though, is Tua is now our QB, and there's no sense crying over something that is already done.

I'm confident that Tua will progress in a major way this year, as far as health, reading defenses, and having a lot better understanding of the offense.

If that happens, we'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom