Tua's development | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's development

There's no bottom line after 9 games

I definitely agree that 9 games is too short to judge a career, but those 9 games didn't personally show me anything I didn't predict in evaluating his college tape.

That doesn't give me a ton of confidence. I want him to succeed but the honest truth is I don't see it in him.

Working hard and saying the right things are awesome, but being a hard worker in no way guarantees NFL success at the QB position.

Yes…I watched him play on college footballs most talented roster…I watched Mac Jones do the same only greater last year at Alabama.

I watch him make key mistakes that lost the national championship against Clemson….and the next year the key game against LSU!

He is far from a lock or sure thing…he has much to prove at this level and the team has certainly tried to give him “Alabama” type weapons!
We should trade for Drew Lock, he is tearing it up.

I guess Joe Burrow is not that great either, since he had a very talented roster as well.

We get that you wanted Herbert. We didnt get him. Move on

I definitely agree that 9 games is too short to judge a career, but those 9 games didn't personally show me anything I didn't predict in evaluating his college tape.

That doesn't give me a ton of confidence. I want him to succeed but the honest truth is I don't see it in him.

Working hard and saying the right things are awesome, but being a hard worker in no way guarantees NFL success at the QB position.
You dont see it in him, guess we should cut him now.

70% completion rate, 11 yards per attempt, 87 TDs, 11 INTs, and a 199.4 rating didn’t give you confidence?

Dont get to wrap up into what fans say or espn..bottom line can Tua play at high level or he cant..it up Tua from here on out to make it happen....nobody care about how good he was at bama. Tua is in nfl now. NFL is cold business.

Last edited:
70% completion rate, 11 yards per attempt, 87 TDs, 11 INTs, and a 199.4 rating didn’t give you confidence?
Yeah, but besides that what else has he done?

I mean other than having the highest all-time career QB rating what else has he done?

I mean other than having the highest single season QB rating 250 attempts or more at 206.9 what else has he done?

I mean other than going 22-2 as a starter playing through two ankle sprains opting for tightrope surgeries so he wouldn’t miss playing time what else has he done?

I mean other than coming into the National Championship game in the 2nd half putting up 26 points including a 50 yard dime on 2nd and 27 in OT to win it after Alabama scored 0 points in the 1st half what else has he done?

Seems clear to me, just and average QB that had and average college career. Didn’t show much.

Yeah, but besides that what else has he done?

I mean other than having the highest all-time career QB rating what else has he done?

I mean other than having the highest single season QB rating 250 attempts or more at 206.9 what else has he done?

I mean other than going 22-2 as a starter playing through two ankle sprains opting for tightrope surgeries so he wouldn’t miss playing time what else has he done?

I mean other than coming into the National Championship game in the 2nd half putting up 26 points including a 50 yard dime on 2nd and 27 in OT to win it after Alabama scored 0 points in the 1st half what else has he done?

Seems clear to me, just and average QB that had and average college career. Didn’t show much.
he will show out.

it's coming.

We should trade for Drew Lock, he is tearing it up.

I guess Joe Burrow is not that great either, since he had a very talented roster as well.

We get that you wanted Herbert. We didnt get him. Move on
Joe Burrow showed last year his ability before the injury, with a far lesser team than the Dolphins, he also took his team wire to wire for a championship…something Tua has yet to do….hopefully it happens here!

Can’t imagine what it’s like to be this kinda fan!
I hope I never am either!

Back
Top Bottom