Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry says he wants to play for Dolphins next season, but

I thought the upper limit for DTs was what suh got paid a few seasons ago. that's been eclipsed. I thought the upper limit for QBs was what Cam newton got a few years ago. that's been eclipsed. Basically it really doesn't matter what landry gets, in a few years he won't be in the top 5 anymore.

I'll take that as a 'no.' We disagree

not biased at all; the guy plays lights out...I'm from NY and surrounded by all things Giants and Jets...OBJR doesn't have the best reputation up here as being a team player...he is a me first guy and wants the stat line...Landry has played his heart out for this team...He's stayed very positive about everything too...perhaps there is some biased, but skewed...please tell me how it's skewed...b/c OBJR has made some spectacular catches? So has #14...
Because OBJ has speed that Landry could only dream about. Because OBJ is a threat to take a reception all the way for a TD from anywhere and Landry can only hope for a 1st down. Landry gets first downs, OBJ gets touchdowns.

Because OBJ has speed that Landry could only dream about. Because OBJ is a threat to take a reception all the way for a TD from anywhere and Landry can only hope for a 1st down. Landry gets first downs, OBJ gets touchdowns.
come see me at the end of each of their careers and tell me who is better...OBJR will not be the same after his injury either...Landry was the better choice of the two...hands down...

In 2010 peyton manning was the top paid QB with a cap value of 19.3m. By 2017 his number would place him at the ninth highest paid QB in the league.
well if we had a chance to draft and sign OBJ, i'd say resign the man. However we won't have a shot to draft him, much less sign him, so we should love the one we got.

I'll take that as a 'no.' We disagree
I think i'd be completely comfortable with top 5-7 money (in 2018 going against guys already signed for 2018.) that would put him in the 14m range. with the way the cap goes up every year in a few years that will be top 10 money to top 15 money.

It's funny but most people on this board have said that Suh should have never gotten that contract(and they're right) because you don't pay a DT that kind of money but now we have most of the board(not all) saying that we should over pay for a slot WR which imo is wrong......I repeat, MY OPINION and I don't need anyone to agree with me cause in the end it's not up to any of us what they do with Landry but here's my reason why I wouldn't over pay for him or ANY slot WR.

When you run your offense thru a slot WR like we pretty much have done, most of the time you need drive that are 10, 12, 14 plays drives in order to score. Why is that a bad thing? Because too many things can go wrong when you need that many plays. Yes it helps the defense rest when you go that many plays IF you actually score. The problem is that this offense has nor score enough points and imo the reason is simple. You try running that many plays on a drive and most of the time something is bound to go wrong. A dropped, a bad pass, an INT, a fumble, a missed block, a sack or a penalty. The more plays you run, the more chances for something to go wrong. When you run a high scoring offense you need big chunk plays and that doesn't happen often by throwing 5 yard passes to your slot WR.

Now I know some of you will say that I hate Landry and how crazy I am wanting him gone. I don't want him gone at all. I just want us to run a better offense which won't happen if he's the number 1 target. Some will say we didn't score enough this year because of Cutler and I agree he's a big part of the problem but we haven't have a high scoring offense in years and years and it's time they change the way they do things because what they have done is not working. All this BS about "pay the man" and "you have to keep your own".....look at the contracts they gave away to "keep our own" this past off season. Did that work?

I have nothing personal against him and hope he's back but the price has to be right. For those of you saying "pay the man", how much should they pay him? 15mill? 16mill? 20mill? That statement makes no sense. You can't say just pay the man without having a limit and if there's a limit then what is that limit?

Over paying for Suh was a big mistakes that has gotten us nothing and over paying for Landry would be the same mistake once again

All of that is my opinion and I know most of you don't agree but I'm waiting to hear what is the limit as to how much we should "pay the man"

Ozzy rules!!

and honestly, he's earned, earned, earned, earrrrrrned it...besides 2 defensive players I can think of, name me one other person on these team that plays at his level week in and week out? He's Chris Carter reincarnate...guy is better than OBJR IMHO...
Oh don't misunderstand me, Landry has earned it never said he hasn't.....but my point was he was basically circling around the lake instead of jumping in and saying I want my x amount of money........that's all. On the topic of him being better than OBJR........no way. Landry is a slot receiver, you aren't going to stretch the field with him.

Obj brings a circus wherever he goes

Kind of thing that breeds jealousy in the lockerroom over time

Pretty sure the 0-15 Browns who reportedly have the top 2 college QB's saying they don't want to be drafted by them are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Ok yes. They're THE laughing stock, as in the #1 laughing stock, but Miami is in the top 10 for sure. Almost every time they make national news, it's for some bullshit. Hardly every positive news. The rest of the country doesn't care about the Dolphins. They've been a joke for a long time.

If you're paying for passion then you're making stupid decisions. A Doug Baldwin type deal is fair (and enough) for Landry. But given the hike in salary cap I could definitely see a team like the 49ers or Browns making him one of the top paid receivers in the NFL.

If that's the case, Miami will get an extra compensatory pick.

The FA market at receiver is also very weak, so teams will likely see it as Landry or bust. With Davante Adams also garnering top money, I could also see the Packers releasing Randall Cobb to keep Adams, so that's another name to watch for.

Say what? I thought passion alone wins championships.

IMG_2812.PNG

I have no problem with people make a **** ton of money if they can (legally), even though I think it's absurd to make these types of scratch playing a freaking game....but I hope he makes us just as fair of a deal as he expects from us.

I'm certainly not going to burn a vigil for these poor players bc they "have to get as much as they can bc their window to earn is so short"
. An average family could survive quite well for many years off of $10 mil, and some of these guys are getting that every year.

He's a vital piece of our O and I would love to keep him and have him retire a Dolphin but there is no way on earth he is $16mil a year level of "vital". One year tag maybe, but his pay should be on par with his production. His production is on par with Edelman, and that's with being force fed.

Oh settle down, nobody is asking you to feel sorry for them. Where did you even get that? In most careers, you have decades to accumulate as much wealth as possible and I would think you'd be okay with everybody trying. Why should NFL players settle for $10 million or whatever when they can get more? If everybody in your field was getting paid more and more every year, you'd say, "no, not me! My family can get by just fine on this lower amount"? Of course not.

As for the rest, absolutely agree. I don't think he's worth that amount and I hope we don't pay it. If some other team decides to, good for him. He should absolutely take it unless we're somewhere close. I'd be shocked if somebody offered him that though, but who knows. Some dumb team paid Andre Branch $8mil/year, so anything is possible.

So if someone overpays for him too, it's somehow the dolphins fault?
For allowing him to make it to free agency, yes. Yes, it would be.

Maybe not spend so much money on piece of **** football players like Kiko and Branch that have absolutely nothing positive to offer.... Or shell out big bucks for TWO strong safeties.

For allowing him to make it to free agency, yes. Yes, it would be.

Maybe not spend so much money on piece of **** football players like Kiko and Branch that have absolutely nothing positive to offer.... Or shell out big bucks for TWO strong safeties.

Well I fully expect him to get tagged if anything. But you cant blame the organization if the player wants to move on. I'm not going to comment on your other statement as it's irrelevant to the conversation.

Oh settle down, nobody is asking you to feel sorry for them. Where did you even get that? In most careers, you have decades to accumulate as much wealth as possible and I would think you'd be okay with everybody trying. Why should NFL players settle for $10 million or whatever when they can get more? If everybody in your field was getting paid more and more every year, you'd say, "no, not me! My family can get by just fine on this lower amount"? Of course not.

As for the rest, absolutely agree. I don't think he's worth that amount and I hope we don't pay it. If some other team decides to, good for him. He should absolutely take it unless we're somewhere close. I'd be shocked if somebody offered him that though, but who knows. Some dumb team paid Andre Branch $8mil/year, so anything is possible.

No you're right, I'm all for people getting as much as they can. I don't begrudge anyone making a lot of money. I would do it to if i was in the league. It's stupid that people get played that for playing a game but someone's giving out to them so might as well take it.

Production wise on defense, guys are getting overpaid everywhere. Kiko, Branch, Suh, Wake, Timmons. This coming offseason is not a good one for getting free agent targets. 2019 though Miami is in a good spot money wise.

It's unlikely to happen, but Miami getting Bradley Chubb would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom