Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Miami Dolphins reveal what they want in their quarterbacks

When that mutual fund out performed two thirds of the market in its last year, you keep it rather than buying some new speculative stock that might not fit in your portfolio.

My Miami dolphin portfolio shows a zero for Tannehill last year and an incomplete the year before...

If you base the odds on the success of the first round QBs taken over the last decade or two, not very good. Poor actually.

I agree Tannehill has been poor. Unless someone drops, it is hard to see the fins taking QB in the first it just hasnt panned out.

Have to imagine they like Allen and Mayfield a lot.

Mayfield should drop some due to his antics, on and off the field, but could he make it to #11 in a league that needs potential very good/great QB's?
I have a feeling we go Mayfield at 11 and have him compete/sit behind Tannehill his first year here.

Have to imagine they like Allen and Mayfield a lot.

Mayfield should drop some due to his antics, on and off the field, but could he make it to #11 in a league that needs potential very good/great QB's?
I have a feeling we go Mayfield at 11 and have him compete/sit behind Tannehill his first year here.

I doubt Mayfield gets to #11 - there'll be a team willing to move up to get him. If he makes it to #11, it's just as likely Miami trades down, depending on who's still on the board and how far the move is.

I feel that any of these 4 qb should be able to reach thill17 level. on real. no playoff, no probowl, if u feel like moving up go get ur qb for future. thill17 is alright, but if dolphins want more than they need make move like eagles

Last edited:
With all the continued talk about Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield, once again I find myself most curious what happens if Josh Rosen is the guy that slips down to 11.

Again I reiterate, the two things Gase will care most about are pro-relevant experience, and ability to manage the football game from the pocket. Josh Rosen was coached by Jedd Fisch (whom Gase knows through Jay Cutler), and he's the best pocket manager in the draft.

Last edited:
He hasn't won anything:

Super Bowl - Nope
Conference Championship - Nope
Playoff Game: - Nope
Game to clinch the playoffs - Nope
Conference Championship in college - Nope
Bowl Game - Nope
High School Championship - Nope
High School Playoff Game - Nope
Pop Warner - unknown.
Lol he’s won the hearts of many supporters here though

I would LOVE the Dolphins to go QB at 11. That said, I think people are reading too much into their meetings with Allen and Mayfield. Sure, it's possible they are the pick (and I would love Mayfield), but more likely is the Dolphins realizing those are the most likely Qbs to be there at pick 11. They are doing the combo of checking them out AND making it KNOWN to others that they are checking them out. Dolphins are in a good spot to deal a QB at 11 if they DON'T think they are that great, with some QB-needy teams after them that will look to leapfrog one another.

I've long hoped and dreamed for a situation where the Dolphins have a backup that others want to try out as their #1. The Patriots regularly get great trade returns on what *may* be a good QB behind Brady. I don't care if it's round 1 or round 3, this team needs to develop someone behind Tannehill as both insurance and trade bait.

I feel that any of these 4 qb should be able to reach thill17 level. on real. no playoff, no probowl, if u feel like moving up go get ur qb for future. thill17 is alright, but if dolphins want more than they need make move like eagles

You want to be like the Eagles? Start with OG, OC and TE's. We need those.

Work your way over to the defense and stack your DL.

If you base the odds on the success of the first round QBs taken over the last decade or two, not very good. Poor actually.

So we should never draft another QB unless it's outside the 1st round? Would love to know the odds outside the first round. I guess there is free agency lol.

Let's just never attempt to improve the QB position. Tannehill is the end all be all and he will play forever.

So we should never draft another QB unless it's outside the 1st round? Would love to know the odds outside the first round. I guess there is free agency lol.

Let's just never attempt to improve the QB position. Tannehill is the end all be all and he will play forever.

Did I say that? I don't think I said either of those things.

I suppose if you want to win arguments, then creating a straw man is a good start.

Back
Top Bottom