Confirmed Dolphins on Hard Knocks -- Here we come!!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Confirmed Dolphins on Hard Knocks -- Here we come!!!!

All the articles I've read are about Philbin announcing this but I can't help but think this MUST have been the owners idea and decision.

Whoever decided I will actually watch Hard Knocks this year. I'd bet money that Ross starts showing up at every single practice now and does his very best to get as much camera time as possible. :puke: :titanic:

I'm STUNNED by the decision on both sides. A few months ago Joe Philbin was saying he's not the type of coach to do Hard Knocks. Obviously something changed.

I think it's GREAT. I love it. Enhance the fan experience. Make the players accountable every day because they know the cameras are rolling. I don't mind it at all.

What I hate is this stupid "all media is bad media" attitude that says stuff like this is just a distraction and I wouldn't want it, etc. Screw that. You're playing football for OUR pleasure, because WE pay you.

I just hope they keep Jeff Ireland off camera as he's likely to embarrass himself a bit. Also, be prepared for HBO to REALLY play up the "once-storied franchise fallen lower than the sticky brown stuff at the bottom of public trash cans" angle...especially with this being the 40th anniversary of Perfection.

All the articles I've read are about Philbin announcing this but I can't help but think this MUST have been the owners idea and decision.

Whoever decided I will actually watch Hard Knocks this year. I'd bet money that Ross starts showing up at every single practice now and does his very best to get as much camera time as possible. :puke: :titanic:

Philbin said owner Steve Ross wanted to talk him out of doing Hard Knocks, but Philbin felt it was better for the team to do it now. :idk:

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

120529_HardKnocks.jpg

This is exciting. We are going to get inside access to the inner workings. The building, the meeting rooms, the coaches. What the coaches say, how the players react. How the players come across. This is amazing for those of us who follow the team closely.

To further illustrate what I was saying about players practicing and focusing even better because they know they're on-camera, both Brian Billick and Rex Ryan said there was a notable increase in the focus and performance in practices with the Hard Knocks cameras rolling, because players didn't want to look bad for HBO. This is a good thing, IMO.

I like this alot..Lets hope Miami can prove to these other teams that we are winners!!

I'm STUNNED by the decision on both sides. A few months ago Joe Philbin was saying he's not the type of coach to do Hard Knocks. Obviously something changed.

I think it's GREAT. I love it. Enhance the fan experience. Make the players accountable every day because they know the cameras are rolling. I don't mind it at all.

What I hate is this stupid "all media is bad media" attitude that says stuff like this is just a distraction and I wouldn't want it, etc. Screw that. You're playing football for OUR pleasure, because WE pay you.

I just hope they keep Jeff Ireland off camera as he's likely to embarrass himself a bit. Also, be prepared for HBO to REALLY play up the "once-storied franchise fallen lower than the sticky brown stuff at the bottom of public trash cans" angle...especially with this being the 40th anniversary of Perfection.

Don't lose sight that it's no more than reality TV; and reality TV's sole purpose is to entertain. Largely the producers accomplish that by trying to create friction, conflicts and controversy as well as heroes to root for and villians to jeer. And if not successful in that, they usually have enough footage to selectively simulate it through creative editing. I hope the Fins have negotiated final cut approval, although probably not.

Given the national media's cheap thrill-like pandering narrative and resulting piling on of the Fins, I'd hate to see the team, and particularly Philbin being cast negatively as a gratuitous sacrificial offering in order to feed the voracious media beast. And that's my main concern.

Don't lose sight that it's no more than reality TV; and reality TV's sole purpose is to entertain. Largely the producers accomplish that by trying to create friction, conflicts and controversy as well as heroes to root for and villians to jeer. And if not successful in that, they usually have enough footage to selectively simulate it through creative editing. I hope the Fins have negotiated final cut approval, although probably not.

Given the national media's cheap thrill-like pandering narrative and resulting piling on of the Fins, I'd hate to see the team, and particularly Philbin being cast negatively as a gratuitous sacrificial offering in order to feed the voracious media beast. And that's my main concern.
I've watched the show and I don't know that they have created any friction. maybe they make players more competitive but friction? can you give instances where past HKs have created the issues you bring up?

not sure i think its the best thing for tannehills development but whatever...i'm down with it...never thought the dolphins would do it though

as for the media painting someone in a bad light...i'd bet that if someone is painted that way on the show it will be ross and maybe ireland gets some heat also...

Philbin said owner Steve Ross wanted to talk him out of doing Hard Knocks, but Philbin felt it was better for the team to do it now. :idk:
---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

That sounds like it MUST be BS then. Maybe Philbin is being punished for his last press conference where he said the QB battle was an open competition and Moore would not be the starter based on what Ross had said.

Ross is the albatross hanging on the Dolphins franchise. This will be a three ringed circus until he sells or croaks. :titanic:

Back
Top Bottom