ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN proposed Dolphins trade for Russell Wilson

Seattle offers you Russell Wilson for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

• We have a deal!

Votes: 34 21.4%
  • Nah bro, I'm good.

Votes: 125 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im honestly shocked the results of this poll.

Do I need to remind everyone of all the QB's we've had to watch play for the Dolphins?

Ray Lucas
Sage Rosenfels
Daunte Culpepper
AJ "touchy" Feely
Joey Harrington
Brock Osweiler
Chad Henne
John Beck
Damon Huard
Brian Griese
Gus Frerotte
Cleo Lemon
Trent Green
Tyler Thigpen
Jay Cutler
Josh Rosen

And you guys push back against the idea of trading for a top 5 QB. Unbelievable, you guys enjoy misery and mediocrity as well.

Who care if we drafted Tua. Wilson is a MVP caliber QB. Tua is a complete unknown. Im tired of hoping and waiting.
Do I need to remind you that Wilson DOES NOT WANT to come to Miami. Period, Case closed.
13 of the 15 guys you listed were either traded for or grabbed in FA and not drafted or highly regarded.
TUA was regarded by every freaking pro scout to be a sure thing at QB.
Stay the course....
1. Keep our picks
2. Get more weapons
3. Stay young and hungry
4. Give TUA the chance to develop
5. Stop the nonsense trade scenarios

Until this isn’t some hypothetical exercise I’m “out”. Let me know when there is serious talk and I’ll give it some serious thought.

Do I need to remind you that Wilson DOES NOT WANT to come to Miami. Period, Case closed.
13 of the 15 guys you listed were either traded for or grabbed in FA and not drafted or highly regarded.
Stay the course....
1. Keep our picks
2. Get more weapons
3. Stay young and hungry
Don't worry my friend, that's exactly what they're going to do. I would just add this tidbit - look at who is winning the super bowl lately and look at the salary of their QB (cap hit) when they won it. These guys like Wilson say they "want to win" but only TB12 (and I think Mahomes if you look at the coming cap hits) are really "sacrificing" to facilitate team building around them. Look at the cap situation Miami has and the challenge adding talent. Imagine having to fill out a roster with close to $40 million more because of the QB cap hit. Miami's best chance to challenge for a title will come in the next 2-3 years, with Tua still cheap.

They are in such a great place right now that they almost cannot mess it up. There's no need to upset the building process. I think all signs indicate they are going to stay the course and build around Tua not put all their chips in the middle to go after a malcontent QB on another team.

Don't worry my friend, that's exactly what they're going to do. I would just add this tidbit - look at who is winning the super bowl lately and look at the salary of their QB (cap hit) when they won it. These guys like Wilson say they "want to win" but only TB12 (and I think Mahomes if you look at the coming cap hits) are really "sacrificing" to facilitate team building around them. Look at the cap situation Miami has and the challenge adding talent. Imagine having to fill out a roster with close to $40 million more because of the QB cap hit. Miami's best chance to challenge for a title will come in the next 2-3 years, with Tua still cheap.

They are in such a great place right now that they almost cannot mess it up. There's no need to upset the building process. I think all signs indicate they are going to stay the course and build around Tua not put all their chips in the middle to go after a malcontent QB on another team.
Sounds like you were listening to Mad Dog in the morning. A caller brought this point up specifically...

I took a sip of my Jamaican Blue Mountain, by way of Royal Farms, and thought..."He's so used to feeling dead that death by paper cuts means nothing to a fan like that."

Stay the course....
1. Keep our picks
2. Get more weapons
3. Stay young and hungry

I wouldn't even be discussing this if it wasn't for the type of QB that could potentially be available in Wilson and Watson. It has nothing to do with Tua, Wilson and Watson are rare QB's that NEVER become available at this point in their careers. There are only a handful of elite QB's, the chance of Tua being as good as Watson or Wilson are so slim, otherwise every team would have elite QB's. There is no sure thing draft pick. I still don't understand why so many of you guys over value our draft picks, have you seen our draft history? I bet Bills fans don't regret giving up a 1st round pick for Diggs. I know you guys would have lost your minds if we did that.

ESPN's Bill Barnwell has an article outlining potential trade packages for Russell Wilson from four teams, including Miami.

For Miami, we would acquire Wilson in exchange for Tua, picks #18 and #81 this year, and next year's first.

If you're in Chris Grier's shoes, are you taking the deal?
Yes. And I'm a huge Tua supporter.

Absolutely agree! 👍🏼👍🏼

I wouldn't even be discussing this if it wasn't for the type of QB that could potentially be available in Wilson and Watson. It has nothing to do with Tua, Wilson and Watson are rare QB's that NEVER become available at this point in their careers. There are only a handful of elite QB's, the chance of Tua being as good as Watson or Wilson are so slim, otherwise every team would have elite QB's. There is no sure thing draft pick. I still don't understand why so many of you guys over value our draft picks, have you seen our draft history? I bet Bills fans don't regret giving up a 1st round pick for Diggs. I know you guys would have lost your minds if we did that.
And I don’t get why so many people are all over these guys jock straps either. Neither is Marino or Elway etc.
Many claim these guys are so elite that TUA or any other young QB could never obtain their level. 🙄
I counter that argument with this...where were they rated coming out compared to TUA? They were lower.
Where they after year 1? Both Certainly had “some” success, but NO ONE was calling them elite after year 1.
Both had superior offenses with them early on in their careers compared to TUA.
Wilson rode the back of his defense to early success JUST as TUA did this past year, and there was nothing special early on about Wilson.
IMO while he is a top tier QB right now, there is nothing “so super elite” about him or Watson to suggest we can’t get that quality out of TUA in the near future. Again, these guys are not top tier all time.
As great as they are, TUA has many natural traits that they do not have. Many coaches and scouts etc. have repeatedly talked about his elite release time, elite decision making time skills, and elite accuracy and ball placement. Those are things which can’t be taught and are God given just as speed and arm strength are. Give him time and quit panicking over these 2 guys, both of whom would handicap us both financially and with reduced draft picks.

Exactly, I'm a huge Tua fan, I own his stitched jersey. But you'd be a fool to not at least consider this trade. It's a moot point though, cuz Seattle would never trade him this cheaply.
AND...
He doesn’t want to come here.

Back
Top Bottom