Official Schedule!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Official Schedule!!!

Looking at their schedule I'm thinking 10-7 would be considered a very good season.

Last edited:
I would think that hosting the Pats* in week one is ideal for the Dolphins. The offseason has not so far been kind to the Pats*, and having lost their O-line coach, two of their starting O-line, and the OC could spell a slow start for them.

Hosting the Bills early is probably beneficial, as well. The Bills have a new, rookie OC in Ken Dorsey, and a lot of retooling on their defense. Who knows how these teams will be faring in December. But, all things being equal, the Dolphins probably have a better chance of beating them earlier than later.
Personally I would prefer to play Buffalo and NE in their house EARLY in the season and host them late in the season. Games at the end of the season are always more important that those at the beginning and any advantage is a bonus. Having said that you may be right about this year. Having McDaniel facing those two teams at home to begin with may be a benefit.

It will all come down to how our run game progresses through the season.

I like that niners game and chargers game that are both away are right after each other. Miami doesn't have to travel far and can stay in california after the niners game to play chargers next week. Eases the travel lag and help miami not be as bogged down. I like the bye week too. It allows miami to be revived to go strong to finish out ending of season. Sometimes early byes suck because teams then have a long stretch when you want to play your best toward end of season, but they're worn out because of the early bye. I'm surprised dolphins weren't scheduled to play chiefs this season because of how the nfl likes to have star players, playing their former team. I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see that next season however.

Personally I would prefer to play Buffalo and NE in their house EARLY in the season and host them late in the season. Games at the end of the season are always more important that those at the beginning and any advantage is a bonus. Having said that you may be right about this year. Having McDaniel facing those two teams at home to begin with may be a benefit.

There is some probable good news. Just because MIA plays NE and BUF late, doesn't mean the temp will be 10 deg with a wind chill of -2. Both games could be in the 30s - not real bad. Or, one in the upper 30s and, yes, one at 10 deg. Two bitterly cold and cruel weather games are the least likely outcome.

To me, the entire schedule after Week 1 is setup in a way to favor the Bills.

The schedule is hard every year. Imagine if we played the AFC west.

I don’t care. If you want to be taken seriously, you’ve got to win a few tough games, especially on the road.

If you look at the schedule and call every road game against even a moderately good team a loss, you’re just treading water. Going nowhere. If that’s what you want, what are we even doing here.

Let’s try to win some tough games. I’m positive McDaniel would strongly agree with everything I said too.

Sucks to be playing at Buff and at NE at the end of the season...

Lets hope for an unusually warm winter on the East coast this year... say mid 70's?

Having said that its going to be a fun season and I am optimistic.
LOL MID 70s!? It's more likely to snow in Miami for the opener honestly.

But, seriously unseasonably warm would be mid-30s

Me too. When is the last time the Dolphins got to play the Bills at home late in the season? It seems like forever since that has happened.

Last edited:
I prefer division away games in mid season- not too cold, frees up early games for hot home games. Oh well.

I wish Cleveland was earlier. Even with some rust, the difference between Watson and Brisket is huge.

I was hoping the Niners and Chargers games would be back to back, and we'd stay in-state for the whole week. I hope the organization is smart enough to do that.

Back
Top Bottom