Kenny Stills INVISIBLE During Training Camp | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kenny Stills INVISIBLE During Training Camp

Stills is a poor mans Wallace, he's got speed and not much else, but a good 4th WR to have, but Grant could possibly unseat him as the deep threat because he can be a threat from anywhere, that is of course, if he can take NFL hits.

This will be Stills final year as a Dolphin either way, unless he signs a cheap contract, it's going to be the DVP/Landry/Caroo show moving forward.

Um...Wallace was a poor man's Wallace. He had speed, that's it. No debate.

Don't know if this was posted

Kenny Stills - WR - Dolphins

ESPN Dolphins reporter James Walker mentions Kenny Stills as a player on the rise at training camp.

Per coach Adam Gase, Stills has consistently made plays in practice and is one of the hardest working players on the team. He's been running with the first-team offense with Jarvis Landry, ahead of rookie Leonte Carroo. DeVante Parker has missed the past couple sessions with a hamstring injury. Stills should be able to best his 27-440-3 line from last season if healthy.

Armando Salguero‏ @ArmandoSalguero
Kenny Stills has three red zone TDs today, including tight rope walk catch in back of end zone.

Apparently Benchfiedler pissed off and woke up a sleeping giant :brewskis:

Don't know if this was posted Kenny Stills - WR - Dolphins ESPN Dolphins reporter James Walker mentions Kenny Stills as a player on the rise at training camp. Per coach Adam Gase, Stills has consistently made plays in practice and is one of the hardest working players on the team. He's been running with the first-team offense with Jarvis Landry, ahead of rookie Leonte Carroo. DeVante Parker has missed the past couple sessions with a hamstring injury. Stills should be able to best his 27-440-3 line from last season if healthy.
Others have already mentioned this . . . Stills will never be a WR who can excel on his own. He needs quality receivers ahead of him who demand respect. That's not a knock on Still, but he isn't a #1/2 receiver. I suspect he'll be very productive but he can't carry an O.

Others have already mentioned this . . . Stills will never be a WR who can excel on his own. He needs quality receivers ahead of him who demand respect. That's not a knock on Still, but he isn't a #1/2 receiver. I suspect he'll be very productive but he can't carry an O.
He ain't no Brian Hartline or Davone Bess either. Still amazing what "weapons" we gave Tannehill in his first year.

Still amazing what "weapons" we gave Tannehill in his first year.

True. Look at what they gave Marino over the second half of his career. Outside of Irving Fryar, not much.

1990: no 1k (Duper 810 yards leading receiver)
1991 Duper & Clayton over 1k
1992: no 1k receiver
1993: Irving Fryar 1010/5
1994: Irving Fryar 1270/7
1995: no 1k receiver
1996: no 1k
1997: no 1k
1998: OJ 1050/7
1999: Tony Martin 1037/5

Um...Wallace was a poor man's Wallace. He had speed, that's it. No debate.

Stills has 11 TDs in 3 years, Wallace had 15 in 2 years here, so whats your point?

Maybe you could name me the last WR that had 15 TDs in 2 years here...

Stills has 11 TDs in 3 years, Wallace had 15 in 2 years here, so whats your point?

Maybe you could name me the last WR that had 15 TDs in 2 years here...

We forced the ball to Wallace much more than we should have.

Kenny Stills wasn't getting any forced looks. Just the opposite.

Stills got a low volume of attempts last season, which is why a couple of drops stuck out for people. Give him more opportunities, he can play.

I would be willing to bet closer to 60% but I do agree DVP/Jarvis will get majority. I just think Gase will want a bit more balance.

Unfortunately he's been more like "Mr. Glass" that anything else lately

We forced the ball to Wallace much more than we should have.

Kenny Stills wasn't getting any forced looks. Just the opposite.

Stills got a low volume of attempts last season, which is why a couple of drops stuck out for people. Give him more opportunities, he can play.

Yeah, and Wallace scored a lot of TDs, so "forcing" the ball to him paid off.

Stills was the 2nd most targeted WR behind Landry, but he only caught a paltry 42% of those targets, 27 rec out of 63 targets.

Yeah, and Wallace scored a lot of TDs, so "forcing" the ball to him paid off.

Stills was the 2nd most targeted WR behind Landry, but he only caught a paltry 42% of those targets, 27 rec out of 63 targets.

This is just another example of how statistics can be misleading without the proper context: the majority of Stills' targets were long passes which is why he has such a low catch %. His yards per TARGET is still higher than Wallace's yards per target during his time with the Dolphins, not by much though: 7.1 vs 7.0. There is an even greater gap when you compare Stills' yards per catch to Wallace's yards per catch as a Miami Dolphin: 16.3 vs 12.8. This is due to targeting him more on deeper passes.

Not sure that there is a difference between Wallace and Stills on the field. They are basically the same receivers. We just didn't force the ball to Stills that much, even less so the closer we got to the goalline.
There's a huge difference though in their contracts and in their off-field behavior which is why I think we're better off with Stills.

This is just another example of how statistics can be misleading without the proper context: the majority of Stills' targets were long passes which is why he has such a low catch %. His yards per TARGET is still higher than Wallace's yards per target during his time with the Dolphins, not by much though: 7.1 vs 7.0. There is an even greater gap when you compare Stills' yards per catch to Wallace's yards per catch as a Miami Dolphin: 16.3 vs 12.8. This is due to targeting him more on deeper passes.

Not sure that there is a difference between Wallace and Stills on the field. They are basically the same receivers. We just didn't force the ball to Stills that much, even less so the closer we got to the goalline.
There's a huge difference though in their contracts and in their off-field behavior which is why I think we're better off with Stills.

I think Stills steps out of bounds needlessly way less often than Wallace. There's a difference....

Wallace's absolute unawareness for where he was on the sideline was amazing. Only professional WR I've ever seen make a needless 1 yard step to the side and step a foot out of bounds and have no idea that he did it. The only $60 million WR that desperately needed to basket catch the ball and would run out of bounds to do so. He was also terrible at judging the flight of the ball and adjusting to it. Just terrible.

What a frustrating WR on deep passes. Needed perfectly thrown balls to an erratic route runner with top end speed.

Relax....its early....on the other hand...the Caroo move is not the move of a team content with its 1-3 receivers.

I think Stills steps out of bounds needlessly way less often than Wallace. There's a difference....

Wallace's absolute unawareness for where he was on the sideline was amazing. Only professional WR I've ever seen make a needless 1 yard step to the side and step a foot out of bounds and have no idea that he did it. The only $60 million WR that desperately needed to basket catch the ball and would run out of bounds to do so. He was also terrible at judging the flight of the ball and adjusting to it. Just terrible.

What a frustrating WR on deep passes. Needed perfectly thrown balls to an erratic route runner with top end speed.

wallace has more raw speed than still, and about 95% of the nfl....but as you said he had absolutely no awareness of his position on the field, or ability to adjust his body to make a catch....which is kind of important for a wr.

Back
Top Bottom